• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If your grandfather was under national attention and all this stress with cameras and microphones would he have made two weeks without saying something that came out wrong? You might, but your job is to say the correct thing. This guy's job is raising and moving cattle.

I see a farmer trying to say that the current conditions facing the poor urban black family is even worse than slavery because during slavery at least they worked and had their families. I think he's wrong in his analysis because slavemasters could rape and murder and split families up and sell them literally down the river. I think he's wrong, but I don't see the point in crucifying him over it.

Some of you seem to be taking an inordinate amount of delight in the problems of some stranger. Maybe the guy's a jerk, maybe he is in the wrong with the grazing situation. I don't know. Maybe he is a racist.

They said Weaver was a racist and Koresh a child molester.
    Even if Bundy is full of these faults I don't want to see his house burned down and his wife shot by Lon.

Not sure if srs, or just have no clue.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Black Bundy Bodyguard: He's Not A Racist; "I'd Take A Bullet For That Man" | Video | RealClearPolitics
    CNN REPORTER: You're protecting this man and he's wondering whether African-Americans would be better off as slaves. How does that strike you?

JASON BULLOCK, BODYGUARD FOR CLIVEN BUNDY: It doesn't strike me any kind of way. This is still the same old Mr. Bundy I met from the first day of all this happening.

CNN REPORTER: But aren't those offensive comments to you

BULLOCK: Not at all.

CNN REPORTER: Not offensive?

BULLOCK: Because Mr. Bundy is not a racist. Ever since I've been here he's treated me with nothing but hospitality. He's pretty much treated me like his own family.

More at the link.

"It the same old Mr. Bundy that I met when all this first happened"
    "I have a really good feeling about him"

Call me crazy, but it would appear that this young man hasn't been around Bundy for any length of time. So, his perspective is pretty much nil. Nice try, right-wing media, diggin' up a black guy who doesn't want to appear to be an idiot for supporting a racist.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    "It the same old Mr. Bundy that I met when all this first happened"
    "I have a really good feeling about him"

Call me crazy, but it would appear that this young man hasn't been around Bundy for any length of time. So, his perspective is pretty much nil. Nice try, right-wing media, diggin' up a black guy who doesn't want to appear to be an idiot for supporting a racist.

Seeing as he actually KNOWS the man PERSONALLY, his perspective and opinion certainly counts for more than YOURS.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seeing as he actually KNOWS the man PERSONALLY, his perspective and opinion certainly counts for more than YOURS.

Lol, really? So I can go around saying that I "personally" know Michael Jordan? Woot, woot!

Kut (needs to call his Airness up, and set up a dinner)

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    If he's speaking to the media, why isn't he on topic with his situation? He might as well have been talking about baseball if he's talking about black people hanging out on porches.

By flapping his gums on race, he's done far more to set back liberty than to help it. Right, wrong or indifferent, his mouth has proven the point of those who sided with the government and not with him.

He's not a savy media figure. He probably should not be talking to the media. Him running his mouth is stupid, but it doesn't mean I want his house burned down and his family shot.

As to him "setting back liberty", he stood up and his people stood up. That's what piques my interest. I'm not in love with the guy, I don't know the guy. Him being a racist or not really is immaterial to me. I'm just so sick of the culture of victimization in which getting beaten/sprayed/tazed/hosed is the highest currency. Whatever these guys have gained, they have gained it by strength not weakness. When was the last time you saw someone stand up to .fed and hold their line?

This whole mess has me thinking about "the consent of the governed". The courts might have ruled against Bundy, but what happens when fifty cowboys refuse to recognize the ruling because they think the courts are a rigged game? Our government is losing legitimacy in the eyes of the citizenry. I figure more of this kind of thing is down the road.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :rolleyes:

I guess you're saying the guy's a liar, and he doesn't actually know him?

Liar? I think he's 100% truthful. He has met Bundy, nothing more. He himself stated that he met him "from the first day of all this happening," and stated that he doesn't "strike" him "any kind of way." People that are well known to another, don't "strike" a person a particular way, because they KNOW the person. It's incredibly obvious that this guy hadn't met Bundy until this standoff started; but if you want to believe otherwise, have at it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I probably have no clue Kute, clue me.

During slave times families were regularly separated when sold. George Washington, for instance, was to free all his slaves when he died. However, because they had intermarried with his wife, Martha's slaves, he changed his mind and dictated that his slaves would be freed (along with her slaves), upon her death as a weird way of keeping the slave families together.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    He's not a savy media figure. He probably should not be talking to the media. Him running his mouth is stupid, but it doesn't mean I want his house burned down and his family shot.

As to him "setting back liberty", he stood up and his people stood up. That's what piques my interest. I'm not in love with the guy, I don't know the guy. Him being a racist or not really is immaterial to me. I'm just so sick of the culture of victimization in which getting beaten/sprayed/tazed/hosed is the highest currency. Whatever these guys have gained, they have gained it by strength not weakness. When was the last time you saw someone stand up to .fed and hold their line?

This whole mess has me thinking about "the consent of the governed". The courts might have ruled against Bundy, but what happens when fifty cowboys refuse to recognize the ruling because they think the courts are a rigged game? Our government is losing legitimacy in the eyes of the citizenry. I figure more of this kind of thing is down the road.

I'm all for standing up to the fed and for that if applaud him. I don't know if he's truly a racist or not. If he earned a million dollars in political capital for his stand, he just borrowed 10 million against it and bet it all and lost it by running his mouth.

The net result not in our circles but in the entire country is that he just justified the federal actions against him. He blew every ounce of credibility he ever had. This is 2014. Who still has the word negro in their lexicon?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Liar? I think he's 100% truthful. He has met Bundy, nothing more. He himself stated that he met him "from the first day of all this happening," and stated that he doesn't "strike" him "any kind of way." People that are well known to another, don't "strike" a person a particular way, because they KNOW the person. It's incredibly obvious that this guy hadn't met Bundy until this standoff started; but if you want to believe otherwise, have at it.

Go back and reread the whole quote. Not just the cherry-picked part. It appears they spent some time together as all of this was happening.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    During slave times families were regularly separated when sold. George Washington, for instance, was to free all his slaves when he died. However, because they had intermarried with his wife, Martha's slaves, he changed his mind and dictated that his slaves would be freed (along with her slaves), upon her death as a weird way of keeping the slave families together.

You are correct. That is why I mentioned the practice of separating families in the post of mine you quoted. You know this, I know this, hell Bundy probably knows this too, but with the camera rolling he kept talking and eventually dumb stuff started falling out of his mouth.

It's not like this guy is a grand dragon reading a prepared speech, he might just be some dude who tried to say that he respects the work ethics of latino immigrants and thinks that black people are not benefiting from the welfare system. For a man who defines himself by family and labor, the prospect of having your young men locked up, your children aborted and living inside a box sitting around all day doing nothing could be pretty horrifying. For a rancher from BFE Nevada, that could be what he sees in the projects.

For the record, I too think the welfare system is detrimental to the black community. What's more, I think the high rate of incarceration in black men is crippling the black community.
    I can express this in writing, because I proof read, but stick a camera in my face and I try to say it off the cuff and it could very well come out all backwards because I don't talk good.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    The net result not in our circles but in the entire country is that he just justified the federal actions against him. He blew every ounce of credibility he ever had. This is 2014. Who still has the word negro in their lexicon?
    Randy Weaver was a racist so they shot his wife. Bundy is a racist so they can shoot his wife too. Call someone a racist, then shoot their wife, got it. I don't think Bundy's play is for the entire country anyway. I suspect he's making a move for 3% of the country and I doubt this interview loses him much of them.

As far as "who still has the word negro in their lexicon?" You will be successful if you look for offense.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm all for standing up to the fed and for that if applaud him. I don't know if he's truly a racist or not. If he earned a million dollars in political capital for his stand, he just borrowed 10 million against it and bet it all and lost it by running his mouth.

A lot of old people get stuck in their ways. My dad died at 90 several years ago and still referred to black people as "colored" up until he died. It was the mindset of the era. He grew up in the 1920s. That doesn't excuse the behavior, but it does help explain it. Listening to Bundy talk, i get the feeling he doesn't get out of his own "zone" very often. I'm not going to declare him a racist just because he doesn't have the proper "lexicon" of the day. But I do think he's racially biased according to his own limited experience.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

2010 US Census alongside "Black" and "African-American" because some older black Americans still self-identify with the term.
    United Negro College fund.
    Martin Luther King I have a dream speech.
    Then we had had MalcomX who considered the term racist and in 1959 started condemning those using the term.
    Shortly after the politically correct term became African American.Inaccurate,but still used by many(even the current President).The term has fallen out of favor among the politically correct.The new politically correct term is Black American or just Black.The term Negro prior to the 1960 was considered politically correct when the term Black(or Colored) was considered racist.We have come full circle.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So Bundy has friends who are black...giving him the benefit of the doubt that there's more than one. Sure that make HIS WORDS go away.

...and if you think slavery preserved families.....geez, I just can't believe anyone thinks that.

Now, racist or not, he has his rights- absolutely. The right to litigate in court and pursue appeals if you don't like the outcome, or in the case of Bundy, decide not to pursue appeals.

If you don't like how the government sought to enforce a legally obtained court order fine, I understand that and can agree....but Bundy is no hero. Too many have moved beyond the cause to embrace the man.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You are correct. That is why I mentioned the practice of separating families in the post of mine you quoted. You know this, I know this, hell Bundy probably knows this too, but with the camera rolling he kept talking and eventually dumb stuff started falling out of his mouth.

It's not like this guy is a grand dragon reading a prepared speech, he might just be some dude who tried to say that he respects the work ethics of latino immigrants and thinks that black people are not benefiting from the welfare system. For a man who defines himself by family and labor, the prospect of having your young men locked up, your children aborted and living inside a box sitting around all day doing nothing could be pretty horrifying. For a rancher from BFE Nevada, that could be what he sees in the projects.

For the record, I too think the welfare system is detrimental to the black community. What's more, I think the high rate of incarceration in black men is crippling the black community.

I can express this in writing, because I proof read, but stick a camera in my face and I try to say it off the cuff and it could very well come out all backwards because I don't talk good.

Are these same things beneficial to the white, latino, or Asian communities?

Top Bottom