• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    Newton Co.
    He said the LAND RIGHTS have been in his family. It is open to public use. You and I may enter and leave as we please. He hasn't locked anyone out.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He said the LAND RIGHTS have been in his family. It is open to public use. You and I may enter and leave as we please. He hasn't locked anyone out.

I got a timeshare in North Korea to sell you if you believe that.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    gran_torino.jpg

Get your cows off my land.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    His use of the land wasn't my point. The point was the words Kut used, and all of us really, show that we no longer think in terms of ours. It's their land. It's their resources. It's Harry Reid's Resources because he has the power.

I haven't decided yet how much blame I place on Bundy. Just that it's somewhere between some and half. If his family really bought the rights to the land and they jacked the fees up to get rid of the ranchers, and this latest standoff was really about Harry Reid helping his son get the Chinese their $5b solar farm, I'd blame Bundy less. If it's just about him not paying reasonable and customary land use fees, then of course, more.

Except he tried to pay those fees. The county declined payment.

If you are in debt and offer to pay and they refuse payment, they can no longer legally pursue you for that debt.

They declined payment because they were fishing for an excuse to play to the media and get bone heads to believe he wouldn't pay his bills.

Not to mention, he was paying his bills until they decided that the desert turtle's mere existence warranted him paying an ungodly figure. And if you agree with such absurd law, I hope you get to experience the full wrath of the feds when some endangered bird decides to nest on your property.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Except he tried to pay those fees. The county declined payment.

If you are in debt and offer to pay and they refuse payment, they can no longer legally pursue you for that debt.

They declined payment because they were fishing for an excuse to play to the media and get bone heads to believe he wouldn't pay his bills.

Not to mention, he was paying his bills until they decided that the desert turtle's mere existence warranted him paying an ungodly figure. And if you agree with such absurd law, I hope you get to experience the full wrath of the feds when some endangered bird decides to nest on your property.

You'd be right IF that were the dynamic at work here. Bundy has always paid his fees to the feds, and then he stated they weren't using his fees to his liking, so he stopped.... and then offered to pay the county. The county declined. What bothers me most about this issue, is that people keep bringing up the Constitution. The Constitution doesn't support Bundy's stance. That's the simpleton patriots for you, foaming out the mouth over a document they don't fully understand.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    They jacked his rates up to over $300 a head to try and force him out like they have done every other rancher in the area, he is fighting back. What would you do if your property taxes went from $100 a month to $500 a month, just pay them and be happy that you get to rent the land you built your house on, from the state?

lease me your backyard. ill give you $5 a month to store each car i put in your backyard. in 20 years, when you try to "jack it up" to $6 im going to tell you that i dont want to pay you anymore, but im going to keep all my cars in your backyard. when you try to remove them i will "fight back" and that i have a legal right to keep using it, and not pay, and i quit paying 15 years ago lol

how can any of you 100% side with this dude? i just cant fathom how people cant see that this is stealing. do you think i like paying indiana the stupid high income taxes we have? yeah i dont want to pay them, but i have to. i may not like that they built a road leading to someone elses house, but they built the road to my house also. i dont have kids, does that mean i shouldnt pay property taxes? this world isnt free people, this dude has made a very nice living off of us. i think he at least owes each american a steak or SOMETHING.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    "You'd be right IF that were the dynamic at work here. Bundy has always paid his fees to the feds, and then he stated they weren't using his fees to his liking, so he stopped....

The feds violated the grazing rights contract. He did not have to continue to pay to the Feds.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    lease me your backyard. ill give you $5 a month to store each car i put in your backyard. in 20 years, when you try to "jack it up" to $6 im going to tell you that i dont want to pay you anymore, but im going to keep all my cars in your backyard. when you try to remove them i will "fight back" and that i have a legal right to keep using it, and not pay, and i quit paying 15 years ago lol

how can any of you 100% side with this dude? i just cant fathom how people cant see that this is stealing. do you think i like paying indiana the stupid high income taxes we have? yeah i dont want to pay them, but i have to. i may not like that they built a road leading to someone elses house, but they built the road to my house also. i dont have kids, does that mean i shouldnt pay property taxes? this world isnt free people, this dude has made a very nice living off of us. i think he at least owes each american a steak or SOMETHING.

That example is a dispute between 2 citizens. For that to be in any way analogous to this situation there would have to be another rancher in the area disputing Bundy's claims to the grazing rights for that land. Of all the articles I've read about this, I have yet to hear of anyone else (in the private sector) who actually wants to graze this land, or do anything with it for that matter, stepping up and vocalizing it.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    +1 Poptab. Lift the patent moratorium that Bill Clinton put on the public land. If you don't know what patented land is, you're missing out on how the government controls 80% of the land out here. I am just south of Nevada and BLM has SWAT teams and MRAP's just like the other jackbooted thugs. Most of their employees, (public servants), have that jackboot mentality. BLM does everything they can to stop ranching and mining in the west. They are Anti-American to the bone and exist only for the benefit of foreign treaties. It has become 800% worse under Obama. Mining maintenance fees have increased as much as 800% and is destroying small mining in the west. BLM gets 800% more in fees and now has that much larger budget to terrorize us.

The "bad guys" always have a good reason for doing what they do. They have to make it look good somehow or nobody would go along with it. They are always trying to "save" some kind of critter or minority group, and especially, the children . The endangered species act is just another tool in their bag of tricks. The EPA probably gets used the most. The guy in Nevada doesn't own the ground his cattle have been grazing on and he may have made mistakes, but "they" have been trying to shut him down just like they did to the other ranchers in his area. These tactics have been used for a long time and the current administration is getting good at it.

A quote from Sen. David Vitter in the link:

"Tragically, however, far-left environmentalists in the Obama administration have cynically taken advantage of this broad support and gone way beyond the original intent of the law. They're abusing the ESA to snatch up private property unnecessarily, stomping on the basic rights of American citizens."

Article | Articles | Newsroom | U.S. Senator David Vitter of Louisiana

What do you think will happen when Obamacare is "tuned up" and added to their bag of tricks? It's all about control...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "You'd be right IF that were the dynamic at work here. Bundy has always paid his fees to the feds, and then he stated they weren't using his fees to his liking, so he stopped....

The feds violated the grazing rights contract. He did not have to continue to pay to the Feds.

Violated how? What verbiage in this contract (that I have yet to see), did they run afoul of. Are you saying that feds couldn't raise the rent on someone who is leasing the property they administer? This has been going on for 20 years. Surely if Bundy isn't so dumb as to believe that if he paid a "rent" of $100, in 1994, he should still be paying the same amount in 2014?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The "bad guys" always have a good reason for doing what they do. They have to make it look good somehow or nobody would go along with it. They are always trying to "save" some kind of critter or minority group, and especially, the children . The endangered species act is just another tool in their bag of tricks. The EPA probably gets used the most. The guy in Nevada doesn't own the ground his cattle have been grazing on and he may have made mistakes, but "they" have been trying to shut him down just like they did to the other ranchers in his area. These tactics have been used for a long time and the current administration is getting good at it.

A quote from Sen. David Vitter in the link:

"Tragically, however, far-left environmentalists in the Obama administration have cynically taken advantage of this broad support and gone way beyond the original intent of the law. They're abusing the ESA to snatch up private property unnecessarily, stomping on the basic rights of American citizens."

Article | Articles | Newsroom | U.S. Senator David Vitter of Louisiana

What do you think will happen when Obamacare is "tuned up" and added to their bag of tricks? It's all about control...

^^^ proof enough that Cajuns aren't the sharpest of knives. Does Sen. Vitter know that Obama wasn't I. Office when this whole thing started? It seems not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The feds did not use the revenue to do maintenance and upgrades per grazing rights contract.

That's a legit gripe if true. But if it is true, why didn't he seek satisfaction from the courts? Why it that now this is coming to light after all this time? I think Bundy is grasping at straws. He has state specifically, "I do not have a contract with the federal government," so it appears he complaining about things he "thinks" should be done, rather than there being an actual oblige, by the feds, to do so.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Since it's "ours"...he needs to ask permission to use "my" part of it. Especially is he's making a profit off it.

I don't think anyone should be allowed to make a profit off public lands. Not even .gov by leasing it out.

Since your salary is "ours", you need to ask permission to use "my" part of it, right?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obamas BLM recently putting 600,000 acres off limits in the Federal Registry means Sen. Vitter is far sharper than Kuty on the subject.

I keep seeing that figure thrown around, 600,000 acres. 600,000 acres is exactly the amount of land that Bundy claims as his own. Is this the same parcel of land you're speaking about, or is there another 600,000 acres? If it is the same, how does a ruling from the 90s making the area protected, become "Obama's BLM... off limits?" Unless you mean that when the feds went in, they temporarily closed that parcel to conduct their cattle caper.

evsnova74

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Near-east Indy
    I thought he did seek satisfaction from the courts, but lost, as though that's a legitimate outcome.

That would be like McDonalds having their very own "separate but equal" branch of food inspectors. "Don't worry, McDonalds' very own food inspection company assured us that this food is safe." Then they also have their very own court system, so that if you get sick from eating their food, you can appeal to their very own judges. I'm sure you'd win a lot of cases against such a system, amirite?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I thought he did seek satisfaction from the courts, but lost, as though that's a legitimate outcome.

That would be like McDonalds having their very own "separate but equal" branch of food inspectors. "Don't worry, McDonalds' very own food inspection company assured us that this food is safe." Then they also have their very own court system, so that if you get sick from eating their food, you can appeal to their very own judges. I'm sure you'd win a lot of cases against such a system, amirite?

No, he did seek "satisfaction," the feds brought the case.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Are hunters, fishers, and shooters who use public lands stealing from me?

We can all sit here and argue who has the proper right to use public lands and for what purpose and never solve this problem. The only way to fix it is to get the government out of the real estate business.

Top Bottom