• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    evsnova: I'm starting to think you're splitting hairs….and I think your point is probably irrelevant to the matter.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No fan of Harry Reid here, but this appears to be one rancher who decided, after years of paying the grazing fees, that he didn't want to anymore. The feds went overboard and made this guy a folk hero.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Here in Arizona, a LOT of public land that has been open, is now closed to shooting and ATV riding simply because the "public" consist of a bunch of slobs that trash the land, and refuse to clean up after themselves.

stand by for the "private free market solution" from the ingotatians for dealing with lazy slobs...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here in Arizona, a LOT of public land that has been open, is now closed to shooting and ATV riding simply because the "public" consist of a bunch of slobs that trash the land, and refuse to clean up after themselves. Public schools are getting worse every year, and public land seems to fall in right behind it. We're our own worst enemy.

If this is a valid argument, then why don't they close public land to the illegals who leave a veritable ground cover of trash in their wake as they violate the law by violating our border and then violating some of our national parks trampling over the vegetation and distributing trash such as to completely cover acres of ground?

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I have been reading this and do not know who is "more" right or "more" wrong. The only thing I am certain of is that it is NOT 100% on either side.

The same goes with "free market" v/s "public lands." While I strongly lean on my own toward the free market I do understand that we live on one planet with ONE ecosystem. That stupid little turtle or flower or bug or bird may not be missed on its own, but when we are killing entire species at a rate of one per day it does give pause to consider the question: how many can we kill before we reach a point of no return?

Some animals require miles of land to properly roam and survive while others only exist within a mile or two of a set point.

If we go with the 100% free market eventually all land will be used solely for the self interest of the owner. We may have had 10 generations of farmers farming the same land, but generation #11 doesn't want to or cannot farm and voila, a new subdivision.

At the same time if we go with 100% public lands this undermines the free market too much and may be counterproductive to our continued sustainability.

Nobody wins if either side rules supreme.

I am not wise enough to know the answer to how we protect a continuing reduction in human free land while at the same time keeping humans alive as a species.

I do believe this is an issue where we must strive for common ground.

Regards,

Doug

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If this is a valid argument, then why don't they close public land to the illegals who leave a veritable ground cover of trash in their wake as they violate the law by violating our border and then violating some of our national parks trampling over the vegetation and distributing trash such as to completely cover acres of ground?

I say we all run to NV with pet carriers and start snatching up rare desert tortoises. transplant them to the rio grande valley and our immigration problem is solved! (not sure if purple)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I say we all run to NV with pet carriers and start snatching up rare desert tortoises. transplant them to the rio grande valley and our immigration problem is solved! (not sure if purple)

We could also transplant a snapping turtle into Harry Reid's undershorts so that he will have more pressing concerns than jacking with others who are simply trying to live their lives in peace. :):

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    The fact is the government is no better at managing land, than they are at managing health care or peoples retirement, (i.e. Social Security). When you put idiots in charge of anything, you will always get the same exact result.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Property taxes are proof that government actually owns the land & that we just lease it.

Exactly. And just like if you fail to make payments on your financed car, they will take it from you and sell it to somebody else to recoup the debt. I really don't see a big difference.

Top Bottom