• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    A fair point. I just wish the Republican Party would see this as an opportunity to educate the populace as to the Tragedy of the Commons. Yeah, I know, they call it The Stupid Party for a reason.

What will the GOP point to? I've read recently that when we landed in America, a man could scoop up a netfull of codfish anywhere along the New England coast. A blind man would never starve to death. In 1960, the codfish harvest was reduced to 1.6 million tons per year. By 2008, the resource was no longer commercially feasible. Flounder has gone the same way. Orange Roughy was a wonderfully tasting fish and we brought that to market, advertised the crap out of it and loved it….until some biologists found out that Orange Roughy breed very slowly and live a long long time (over 100 years) because of the poor nutrients in their environment. The last Orange Roughy you ate was probably older than your granddad. And your grandkid will probably never eat one because, once again, man acting in his self-interest has decimated that fishing resource.

It seems to me that the tragedy is that man, left to his own devices, will **** up everything.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What will the GOP point to? I've read recently that when we landed in America, a man could scoop up a netfull of codfish anywhere along the New England coast. A blind man would never starve to death. In 1960, the codfish harvest was reduced to 1.6 million tons per year. By 2008, the resource was no longer commercially feasible. Flounder has gone the same way. Orange Roughy was a wonderfully tasting fish and we brought that to market, advertised the crap out of it and loved it….until some biologists found out that Orange Roughy breed very slowly and live a long long time (over 100 years) because of the poor nutrients in their environment. The last Orange Roughy you ate was probably older than your granddad. And your grandkid will probably never eat one because, once again, man acting in his self-interest has decimated that fishing resource.

It seems to me that the tragedy is that man, left to his own devices, will **** up everything.

Who will take better care of the land, a rancher buying grazing permits for federal land or the rancher who buys federal land to graze his cattle?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Why not sell Yosemite or Yellowstone while you're at it?

Why not? You own a house, right? What gives you the right to own that piece of dirt but somebody else can't own Nevada wasteland or Yosemite?

How many threads have been posted here complaining about the trash and messes left on public shooting ranges? Do you hear any of those complaints about private gun clubs or privately owned ranges? A profit motive drives owners to take care of and manage their resources.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I think it's time for Earth Extinction Level Event #5. Y'all have no socially redeeming value.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think it's time for Earth Extinction Level Event #5. Y'all have no socially redeeming value.

Hail Hydra.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

How could you even begin to determine someones value,much less rather they provided socially redeeming value?
    You are stating we need an extinction level event because not everyone agrees with you,your ideals,or your view on what is a socially redeeming value?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How could you even begin to determine someones value,much less rather they provided socially redeeming value?
    You are stating we need an extinction level event because not everyone agrees with you,your ideals,or your view on what is a socially redeeming value?

He's saying that humans aren't capable of handling freedom, that we need a benevolent government to determine what we're allowed to do and what we must do.

Hail Hydra.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Not exactly. It wasn't so long ago that family and community were important in America. A time when Christians and other faiths maintained and practiced the values of their founders. I don't hold much hope for the America of the 21st Century because the values you espouse here will likely cause it to unwind into anarchy. So be it. I'm old and don't care what you do 30 years from now. My sons and their families will hopefully find a better country when the time comes. Good luck.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Not exactly. It wasn't so long ago that family and community were important in America. A time when Christians and other faiths maintained and practiced the values of their founders. I don't hold much hope for the America of the 21st Century because the values you espouse here will likely cause it to unwind into anarchy. So be it. I'm old and don't care what you do 30 years from now. My sons and their families will hopefully find a better country when the time comes. Good luck.

Please make a list of the things I owe you and the rest of the community.

Our federal government is $16+ Trillion in debt because everyone thinks the community owes them something.

I'd like a cricket field. Work a couple extra hours to help pay for it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You can't have it both ways. Were the founders right about liberty, or wrong?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Please make a list of the things I owe you and the rest of the community.

OK, but first I'll need a few facts:

Have you ever served in the military? What branch and for how long? Do you receive a pension?
    Do you have a mortgage on your property? Is it a commercial/private/FHA loan?
    Do you smoke?
    Are you a farmer? If so, what crops do you raise? Do you buy crop insurance?
    Did you attend public school?
    Do you have children? Do they attend public school?
    Have you ever been arrested and incarcerated?

There's more, but let's start with that.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    You can't have it both ways. Were the founders right about liberty, or wrong?

Which founder and in what context? They were correct about some things and wrong about others ( a female poster on this site keeps mentioning slavery, for example).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK, but first I'll need a few facts:

Have you ever served in the military? What branch and for how long? Do you receive a pension?
    Do you have a mortgage on your property? Is it a commercial/private/FHA loan?
    Do you smoke?
    Are you a farmer? If so, what crops do you raise? Do you buy crop insurance?
    Did you attend public school?
    Do you have children? Do they attend public school?
    Have you ever been arrested and incarcerated?

There's more, but let's start with that.

Yes, none of your business, none of your business.
    Yes, none of your business,
    No.
    No, N/A, N/A.
    Yes, both public and private.
    Yes, none of your business.
    None of your business.

Ok, let's have your list now. What do I owe you?

Top Bottom