• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    It is good news to here but they should have never had left in the first place. I wonder how much money these companies lose making knives in China? (Cold Steel, Buck, Spyderco, Gerber, etc.)

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    It is good news to here but they should have never had left in the first place. I wonder how much money these companies lose making knives in China? (Cold Steel, Buck, Spyderco, Gerber, etc.)

Not just money but intellectual property. The chinese have no sense of ethics and will steal the stamps/ molds/ heat treat protocols etc.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Not just money but intellectual property. The chinese have no sense of ethics and will steal the stamps/ molds/ heat treat protocols etc.

Criminals engaging in thuggery and theft and operating under the protection of a sovereign nation....as if the Chinese government isn't largely employing them directly.

No sense of ethics? If that isn't a profound understatement, few know what it.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Of course this is great news. Now I hope more will buy Buck knives again. They are very slow movers for me and I only sell the USA made ones anyway.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    Of course this is great news. Now I hope more will buy Buck knives again. They are very slow movers for me and I only sell the USA made ones anyway.
    That is my problem with them, I have two of there blades(maybe I will take a pic so you can tell me what they are) but the steel is horrible and very hard to sharpen for me. The edge burrs easily and chips like no body's business:xmad:.
    Both made in Taiwan...China's little brother.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Well Raspberry's to buck for leaving but I'm glad to see the American Companies thinking things through and bringing things back,

I've been a buck fan for a long time but have to admit I have held off buying because they have been off shore

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    They left because everyone here thinks they are worth $35 an hour regardless of skill or what they are doing.

Sooo.....:dunno:
    Who's to say they ain't?.....35 bux an hr ain' no money,dude....'specially if yer like some of us,and self-employ'd....:rolleyes:

I don't think law dudes and doctors are worth what they charge neither,but if ya need 1.....ya got'a pay it....anybody that can't work on they own s**t,(cars/truck/house/plumb'n,etc.,etc) gonna cost ya upwards of 75-85 bux hr for that stuff....THEN....ya got "parts" on top of that.....got'a short circuit in yer wall someplace?....150 bux JUST ta have the dude roll in yer drive('lectrician).....an' ya don't even wanna think 'bout have'n yer HVAC replaced...:rolleyes: I could go on,but....ya get the drift,don'cha?......:cool:

(Oh...yeah.....last loaf/bread I got, think was on sale....2.79.....fer bread...)

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Well Raspberry's to buck for leaving but I'm glad to see the American Companies thinking things through and bringing things back,

I've been a buck fan for a long time but have to admit I have held off buying because they have been off shore

Well hopefully you will be a patron of Buck knives again even though they still were making some of their knives here. :D

It is hard to have everything you own USA made.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sooo.....:dunno:
    Who's to say they ain't?.....35 bux an hr ain' no money,dude....'specially if yer like some of us,and self-employ'd....:rolleyes:

I don't think law dudes and doctors are worth what they charge neither,but if ya need 1.....ya got'a pay it....anybody that can't work on they own s**t,(cars/truck/house/plumb'n,etc.,etc) gonna cost ya upwards of 75-85 bux hr for that stuff....THEN....ya got "parts" on top of that.....got'a short circuit in yer wall someplace?....150 bux JUST ta have the dude roll in yer drive('lectrician).....an' ya don't even wanna think 'bout have'n yer HVAC replaced...:rolleyes: I could go on,but....ya get the drift,don'cha?......:cool:

(Oh...yeah.....last loaf/bread I got, think was on sale....2.79.....fer bread...)

uhhhhhhhhhh.... do what?!!:dunno:

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I've got to agree with , whatever that was , "drbarnes " was trying to say.

The top dogs are just raping the working people one lawyer at a time .

Even in "the good times" the rich got richer and the working people as a whole , got shafted .

.broad generalizations will always have many exceptions but the greed is hard to rationalize .

Top Bottom