• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    They left because everyone here thinks they are worth $35 an hour regardless of skill or what they are doing.

Sure they didnt leave like so many other compaines out of pure GREED? For many American companies no mater how much profit it is not enough. Instead of a company making a better product and competing they simply cut costs to the bone produce an inferior product and scoop up money like no ones accountable.

Well I hold them accountable. Buck deserted the US, then screw them. I will never buy another Buck. I have a few older Bucks and will continue to trade and buy pre traitor Bucks. But post trader returning to the US with tail between legs Buck, NO. I spit on Buck.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    The American people that want to pay the least amount of money for the most product. That's who. They are the ones that forced companies to go over seas in the first place.

:rolleyes:
    Well ya know dude?.....:dunno: Ya get what'cha pay for....A mex'can can put a room addition on yer house cheaper,too.....but it'll prolly fall down 'round yer head....SOON.....unnerstand now?.....:cool:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Sure they didnt leave like so many other compaines out of pure GREED? For many American companies no mater how much profit it is not enough. Instead of a company making a better product and competing they simply cut costs to the bone produce an inferior product and scoop up money like no ones accountable.

Well I hold them accountable. Buck deserted the US, then screw them. I will never buy another Buck. I have a few older Bucks and will continue to trade and buy pre traitor Bucks. But post trader returning to the US with tail between legs Buck, NO. I spit on Buck.

Well with attitude we can't fix what went wrong

Lets support company's that have admitted they were

Magelite is one of the true good guys and their story gets lost in the noise all the time

Last edited:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    If you shun companies that come back, what does that teach? "Stay away, because it doesn't make any difference to us" is not the lesson we want taught.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have been in several discussions on here that tried to re-educate me on my decision to only buy new knives from companies that did not move offshore....It would be nice to be able to purchase a new Buck or two...Still won't buy knives made with inferior grades of steel tho....

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Good for Buck.

Im not a Buck knife guy, but I'll pick one up at some point to try and show them some support.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    They left because everyone here thinks they are worth $35 an hour regardless of skill or what they are doing.

definetely PART of the problem. not the whole one, the other part is greed. and yet another part is, WHO is making it easier for AMERICAN companies to do business? no one i see.........

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    definetely PART of the problem. not the whole one, the other part is greed. and yet another part is, WHO is making it easier for AMERICAN companies to do business? no one i see.........

Cubby makes an excellent point. I dont see anything being done to entice companies back to America.

I have a hard time making nice with a company that sullied a fine American brand name. I think about the companies that stayed here and made a go of it. Case is the first that comes to mind. Why not buy a Case knife instead of a Buck and show support for a company that remained loyal to America?

hacksawfg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Hopefully not Genera
    Always glad to see companies coming back. Support 'em even if you disagree with the original move, maybe more companies will bring work back.

Now if we could just get Sig to move production back to Germany...

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Buck Knives would have been foolish to not seek and receive governmental incentives to return.

I'm sure it occurred.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have had the same Buck folder for over 30 years. It has always been my official deer field dressing knife, so it has gone through 30 or so. It still looks as good as it did when I got it (wish I could say the same about the leather holder). It holds an edge good enough and sharpens pretty good as well.

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    Cubby makes an excellent point. I dont see anything being done to entice companies back to America.

I have a hard time making nice with a company that sullied a fine American brand name. I think about the companies that stayed here and made a go of it. Case is the first that comes to mind. Why not buy a Case knife instead of a Buck and show support for a company that remained loyal to America?

I thought Case was either getting ready to or had just launched an entire line of china made knives(just like Buck)? Maybe someone who knows for sure can chime in here.

Top Bottom