• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    As far as the "opportunity" argument goes. Let's keep it practical. We all know what wtfd661 meant. From his perspective, he effectively does not have the same opportunity, because his consequences for hanging out in Walmart all morning are more harmful to him than the retired guy's are to him.

However, it's still a choice. Would you rather be employed, or be able to hang out in walmart all morning with no consequences? From the retired guy's perspective, he's offering a service. He hangs out in walmart for you, and you pay him more for the ammo since he's the one who has it.

If you want "flippers" like the old guy stopped, then ask Walmart to start charging the market price. Doubtful flippers will pay $50+ for a brick of bulk 22LR.

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    As far as the "opportunity" argument goes. Let's keep it practical. We all know what wtfd661 meant. From his perspective, he effectively does not have the same opportunity, because his consequences for hanging out in Walmart all morning are more harmful to him than the retired guy's are to him.

However, it's still a choice. Would you rather be employed, or be able to hang out in walmart all morning with no consequences? From the retired guy's perspective, he's offering a service. He hangs out in walmart for you, and you pay him more for the ammo since he's the one who has it.

If you want "flippers" like the old guy stopped, then ask Walmart to start charging the market price. Doubtful flippers will pay $50+ for a brick of bulk 22LR.

:cheers:

Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana

And I'd also add that's its pointless to be mad and cuss at those guys who do line up in the morning. I won't wait in line in the morning so it's my own choice to roll the dice on if/when I happen to find some of the elusive calibers. I LMAO at those who whine about "flippers" (not you jamil)

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I've been going to the Brownsburg Walmart for several weeks to get 22 Cal ammo, Friday, I was able to buy 2 boxes of 22 Cal. CCI I talked to the sporting Manager, ask if he knew when an order of 22 Cal. would be in, he stated Corporate sends random deliveries, then he went and stated every morning around 0630 this old man shows up and sees if they have any 22 Cal. then he gets on his Cell calls all of his buddies and they show up and buy up all the ammo.
    The Brownsburg Walmart came out with a policy, NO ammo will be sold before 0730 then there is a line to be setup in the sporting goods dept. There were several customers there to buy the 22 Cal. ammo, and stated to the Sporting goods Mgr. about not being able to buy the 22 Cal. ammo. The sporting goods Mgr. called the Store Mgr. to his department and told him about this old guy showing up at 0630 everyday to buy up all of the 22 Cal. ammo, the store mgr. stated they might have to come up with a store policy because of the hording and the inability for other customers to purchase ammo at their store. (There is already a 3 box limit for any purchase of ammo at this Walmart).
    They said they are sorry, but they don't have any control over the purchase of ammo.
    Walmart has already raised the prices of their other ammo, to the point where there is plenty on the shelves. In my opinion, I think in the future, they will raise the price of 22 Cal. ammo to the point where it's not economically feasible for the average person to purchase ammo at Walmart, because of purchasing schemes like this old man is doing.
    What he is doing isn't against the law, it's supply and demand, I'm just concerned he will ruin a good thing for everyone else.
    The same thing happens at the WalMart near me too. The sporting goods guy said so to me once. One guy shows up, calls his buddies, then all the ammo goes out the door in an hour. They since put a two box limit on .22 LR. They buy up the ammo, then go to a swap meet or gun show and sell it for profit...sucks, but that's the way it goes.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I checked today about 8:15 at Brownsburg Walmart. It appears they didn't get any .22 this week or it was gone by the time I got there. Usually there is a spot in the case where it was though. No empty space today in the ammo locker. They did have 20+ boxes of 100 round Federal .223 for about $41. I have gone through several boxes of this stuff in my AR and it shoots well. It is always a tough choice when they have several calibers you want and only allowed 3 boxes. Plenty of 9mm FMJ as well. I forget what brand and price on it.

Matt

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    As I said in your post that you quoted me, I don't recall. But, I am guessing it was Federal and pretty sure they were 50 round boxes. I wasn't really looking for 9mm so I didn't really store that memory into my permanent memory banks. I did inadvertently store the fact that they were 115g FMJ.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Matt

mShu7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    As I said in your post that you quoted me, I don't recall. But, I am guessing it was Federal and pretty sure they were 50 round boxes. I wasn't really looking for 9mm so I didn't really store that memory into my permanent memory banks. I did inadvertently store the fact that they were 115g FMJ.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
    Matt

My bad, I haven't had my coffee yet this morning! :ugh:

mShu7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I just stopped by the Bburg WM. As you said Matt, lots of 9mm. All Federal 50-round boxes for $14.77/each. I picked up 3 boxes. Thanks for the heads up!

Top Bottom