• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Brook Tarr is a hard-core conservative Republican running for State Representative in Indiana State House District 62 -- which contains Orange County, Lawrence County, Martin County, Greene County and Washington County.

Brook has signed the National Gun Owners Alliance survey, where he has pledged to never vote for a gun law and to also fight for a VERMONT STYLE CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT.

If you're not familiar with VT-Style concealed carry, then check out what Gun Owners of America has to say about it:

Why Adopt A Vermont-style CCW Law?

Over the next two months, Brook will need all the volunteers he can to help with door-to-door campaigning, direct mail, events and phone calls -- among many others.

If you would be willing to help this pro-second amendment candidate, please feel free to contact Brian Gentry at brianrgentry@gmail.com or call me on my cell at 571-242-7500.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in this battle to defend our God-given liberties against those who want the government to control all aspects of our lives.

Brian R Gentry

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If a VT style law were passed, would their still be an option to get a LTCH to use in order to carry in other states? I think Alaska offers a permit for this purpose, but I'm not sure about Vermont.

AFpilot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Some friends of mine moved here from Vermont and faced that problem. Although Vermont's lack of permit laws is wonderful in the state, outside the state they are stuck with needing a license. Alaska does have a solution; to my understanding, Vermont does not.

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VermontVermont and Alaska allow a non-felon, aged 16 or 21 respectively, to carry without requiring a permit as a fundamental right. Alaskan residents may optionally obtain a permit granting reciprocal carry privileges in certain other states, or to be exempted from the NICS background check. Vermont extends the right to carry without requiring a permit to non-residents as well as to residents, but issues no permits to residents that could function to allow reciprocal concealed carry rights for Vermont residents while in other states."

How great would it be if our country remembered where it came from and all went to this style?

Top Bottom