• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    If they are waving the right hand, watch the left (hand)!!

This is along way from over....as the UN meets in New York.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    I have not heard on anything on the gun registration.
    I believe that this is more important because then they will tax them and or take them away.
    This would bring them one step closer to taking another attempt to take our second ammendment right away.
    Also taxing our rights shouldnt even be considered.

Pointman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bainbridge
    As an amendment I believe the AWB is even more dangerous.

Sorry to sound like a tin foiled broken record but this is the scenario that scares the heck out of me. They get some small main bill through that matches both houses - be it the UBC, mag capacity or funding for additional school security. The Senate adds their amendments, the House theirs, and but both houses pass it.

Conference Committee.... each house's leadership determines how many committee members represent the house and a simple majority of the committee is all it takes.

I would be ecstatic to be wrong and proven I'm simply paranoid. But after the hanky panky with Obamacare? Yeah...

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    It is paranoia IMO, there is no way anything will happen on "assault weapons" in this congress. Reid said himself he doesn't even think he can get 40 Democrats to vote for an AWB which is why he decided to strip it from any gun legislation that goes to committee.

ObamaCare was a lot different....just wikipedia the numbers of Repubs/Dems in the House and Senate in March 2010 compared to now. "Assault weapons" are going nowhere for at least the next couple of years.

Magazines and universal background checks are a different matter though. The background checks issue has a 50/50 chance and the magazine ban, while being offered as a separate amendment as well, will at least get a vote. But I don't think that's going anywhere either.

As far as ammunition and reloading components, no one has even brought those up as an idea in any legislation so can we please chill the hell out on the panic buying! The gun community itself is imposing Chris Rock style gun control on the country by hoarding the **** out of all ammo and components. The famous line where he said make ammo $10,000 a round.....hyperbole yes but for all practical purposes it's happening....and we are doing it to ourselves!

jbdhere

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Floyd County
    A battle was won today, but the war to retain and return our freedoms is far from over.

Below is a letter I just sent to my Congressman and both Senators. Please write today as well and demand that the fight continue.
    --------
    Sir,
    Thank you for your help in keeping the Assault Weapons and High Cap Mags off of the Floor.

Now however is not the time to let off any pressure as lots of damage can still be done by those wishing to remake America into a country of fewer freedoms.

We The People have spoken and you are representatives have listened. Now that we have your attention, we want all our freedoms returned. This can be started by Repealing The Patriot Act.

We The People are America’s Homeland Security and all the measures taken, and departments created in the disguise of maintaining our safety, by President Bush and by President Obama need to be ripped from the America land scrape. Never again should our Federal Government doubt our resolve on these issues.

As you well know, the American Federal Government is broken and with the defeat of proposed gun restrictions, just maybe you our Congressional Leaders are once again learning to listen to We The People.

So lets continue to fix Washington! We need you to draft and introduce legislation to restrict, the current President and all future Presidents from issuing Executive Orders and hiding behind Executive Privilege so easily. This legislation should require that Executive Privilege not be used to block Congressional Investigations.

Next, all data collection on the general public must stop. This includes but limited to personal banking and credit records, phone calls, emails, text and images from facial reconciliation cameras. Each of these when done with out just cause and warrant is a clear violation of the intent of the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th Amendments to the US Constitution.

Please Sir, remember that Oath of Office you took and protect our US Constitution. Protect in this case also means striking up the fight to return freedoms already taken from us. We The People have spoken loud and clear, We Will Not Stand Silent while our Freedoms are plundered!

John Brian Dempster

Last edited:

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Assault weapon ban? If we ban "assault weapons", what will we have left? Because what is an "assault weapon", a fist, a hammer, a car, a glass bottle, a knife, a bat, a dog, a certain kind of gun??? I am not afraid of any "assault weapon"...I am afraid of the unstable / disturbed / crazy "people" behind the "assault weapon", because "assault weapons" don't kill people, people kill people

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A battle was won today, but the war to retain and return our freedoms is far from over.

No battle was one. This was a tactic, a ploy to make us think the worst is over.

By separating Feinstein’s language, Harry Reid's other gun control bills stand a better chance as a package, and she has the opportunity to attempt to attach her ban to popular legislation as an amendment, making it more likely of passage, not less.

This is not a victory for our side. It’s only a Democratic attempt to change the rules of a game they were certain to lose.

NetPIMP

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    SMOKE & MIRRORS

This is cover for UBC and magazine capacity limits under the heading of give-&-take...

They "took" the AWB, ostensibly in exchange for UBC and mag caps...

My preffered version of give-n-take? They give us our rights back, and we take them.

Can we be done with all these shenanigans already. I've had enough - haven't you?

MSNBC's pissed off? Rly? They want you to think that so you'll feel good... Don't bite.

jonboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Northwest Indiana
    I agree now is not the time to let up. They asked for the AWB knowing it would never pass so they had something to give in as a "compromise" UBC and Mag caps was the agenda all along.

Top Bottom