• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Had to resist. Couldnt comment due to how idiotic she is.

I have a few liberal friends from HS on FB. These are the tame ones that tend to not get overly political. They just plod along and seldom post anything political. And when they do pipe up to disagree with you, they are only slightly brain dead and polite that you just want to pat them on the head. They are so moronic and genuinely try to get along that you feel bad blasting them with both barrels for being an idiot. So they stick around. You know they generally mean well, and not to offend the fairer sex here, but these are the ones that the 19th amendment shouldnt exist. Literally too empathetic to vote properly.

Had one tonight post this meme: "Dont lose friendships over two men who dont even know your names. its ok to have different political views and still maintain love and respect for each other."

Just as hollow as the coexist bumper stickers. They are woefully ignorant that although they are pie in the sky "harmless" liberals, those they support AND VOTE FOR want to harm others.

/rant

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    So you calmly ask them why they want to continue killing 40% of the black replacement population.
    Why do they want Uncle Jim to lose his job down at the mill, since they can hire 3 illegal immigrants for what they paid him. And the illegals happily work for so little because taxpayer dollars are subsidizing their rent, food, medical care, etc.
    Why do they want the .gov to take over the nice nursing home where Nana and Papaw live, turn it into a migrant shelter, and toss the elderly out on their ears.
    Ask why their brains are pudding... 'cause this is what they vote for.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I have a few liberal friends from HS on FB. These are the tame ones that tend to not get overly political. They just plod along and seldom post anything political. And when they do pipe up to disagree with you, they are only slightly brain dead and polite that you just want to pat them on the head. They are so moronic and genuinely try to get along that you feel bad blasting them with both barrels for being an idiot. So they stick around. You know they generally mean well, and not to offend the fairer sex here, but these are the ones that the 19th amendment shouldnt exist. Literally too empathetic to vote properly.

Had one tonight post this meme: "Dont lose friendships over two men who dont even know your names. its ok to have different political views and still maintain love and respect for each other."

Just as hollow as the coexist bumper stickers. They are woefully ignorant that although they are pie in the sky "harmless" liberals, those they support AND VOTE FOR want to harm others.

/rant
    But I'll bet they don't believe their side harms anyone. It's your side that harms people, but it's just better to let that go and everyone be friends.

People on both sides live in bubbles. Something has to click in their heads to show them that their beliefs are discordant with reality. You're probably not gonna make that happen. Most likely they'll just keep believing what the bubble tells them.

But on the surface, "Dont lose friendships over two men who dont even know your names. its ok to have different political views and still maintain love and respect for each other." isn't wrong per se. You can have different political views and be friends. The only reason that becomes untrue is when you expect that the other know what you know. From there it's a matter of morality to pick the same path you did.

So, take school shootings, for example, and the left worldview on guns. What they "know" is that guns kill people and if we didn't have guns, people wouldn't be killed. They believe you know that, but because you don't want guns banned, they believe you don't care about the lives lost.

So what you know about guns is that it's the perpetrator's fault. You don't agree with banning guns, because 1) people have a right to own and carry firearms. And 2) banning firearms isn't going to solve the problem. It's not that you care any less than they do about shootings.

That concept carries through to all politics, where the more divided we are, the more we tend to assume the other side knows what we know, and are doing the things we don't like, intentionally. That's when friends can no longer be friends with those who disagree on politics. Whoopi Goldberg can't be friends with conservatives because conservatives "know" they're supporting the evil one, and choose to do it anyway. Could you be friends with someone who supports Hitler?

But, that doesn't make these ladies' empathetic whims any more sensible. At least they're not caught up in believing you're literally supporting HItler.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you calmly ask them why they want to continue killing 40% of the black replacement population.
    Why do they want Uncle Jim to lose his job down at the mill, since they can hire 3 illegal immigrants for what they paid him. And the illegals happily work for so little because taxpayer dollars are subsidizing their rent, food, medical care, etc.
    Why do they want the .gov to take over the nice nursing home where Nana and Papaw live, turn it into a migrant shelter, and toss the elderly out on their ears.
    This is kinda what I'm talking about. These are great talking points if you want to create a more hostile viewpoint towards people who disagree with them. Not that the goal should be appeasing delusional people. But, they'd likely disagree with you on all those points. The man on the CNN said that's racist.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Brought to you by the same people who said: "Lets all forgive each other for how we acted during covid!"

I don't really want to be friends with people who want me dead. I've long been done entertaining the left, and the neo-con right. I'd rather go to the grave alone than put up with those people.

Those "harmless" and "go-along-to-get-along" people were cheering for our deaths. And are currently cheering for the death of this nation and by extension, all of us.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

/rant

If they are friends, perhaps you may want to consider talking to them and and seeing them. Perhaps you do...I have no idea nor is it any of my business.

I'll simply note that somehow "facebook" got people to redefine what a friend is.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    But I'll bet they don't believe their side harms anyone. It's your side that harms people, but it's just better to let that go and everyone be friends.

People on both sides live in bubbles. Something has to click in their heads to show them that their beliefs are discordant with reality. You're probably not gonna make that happen. Most likely they'll just keep believing what the bubble tells them.
    I enjoyed my bubble and used it as a partition to keep the libbies at arms length where they were tolerable but they burst my bubble a long time ago so I have little, if any patience with them.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    If they are friends, perhaps you may want to consider talking to them and and seeing them. Perhaps you do...I have no idea nor is it any of my business.

I'll simply note that somehow "facebook" got people to redefine what a friend is.
    What I define as a friend is completely different than a Facebook "friend"

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Good points but you would save your breath and get the same response by simply telling them to go **** themselves.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Good points but you would save your breath and get the same response by simply telling them to go **** themselves.
    Yeah, I’ve had multiple civil discussions with her. She honestly tries to understand and she loses the argument every time, walking away with that “you may have a point. It’s something to think about.” But is not intellectually honest enough to change her views. Because later on she’s back to sharing the same ideas.

The only reason I haven’t unfriended her is she is civil and seems to try. Just not hard enough to actually change. She’s attracted to the idealism but won’t see the reality. We will call it child like. .

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    This is my issue. My brain doesn't work fast enough to have an actual discussion about politics. I have to carefully think about what I want to say. If I get flustered, my brain reverts to "Biden and the Democrats suck and are ruining the country!" The same way most of the left does. We revert to commonly known talking points that the other side just dismisses because that's all they hear.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The fact that we can have different opinions WAS the diversity we all use to celebrate. We could agree to disagree and move on with our lives. Those days are long gone with some people on both sides of politics. Sad times indeed.
    Yep. Like the "pastor" that commented on her post with just that same sentiment. "Disagree. Anyone who still support Fascism, the curtailment of women’s rights, and the persecution of immigrants is a person that I do NOT need in my life. This is no longer about politics."
    That's rich. SO following the law, murdering babies, and not supporting open borders is bad. mmmmkay.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is my issue. My brain doesn't work fast enough to have an actual discussion about politics. I have to carefully think about what I want to say. If I get flustered, my brain reverts to "Biden and the Democrats suck and are ruining the country!" The same way most of the left does. We revert to commonly known talking points that the other side just dismisses because that's all they hear.
    I feel you. I'm the same way face to face. On social media its more of a Lincoln Douglas debate. (assuming my memory is correct in that it wasnt like our current ones but instead was a series of public letters back and forth... may be thinking of another) The ability to stop, read, and think about (and look up facts) really helps.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The fact that we can have different opinions WAS the diversity we all use to celebrate. We could agree to disagree and move on with our lives. Those days are long gone with some people on both sides of politics. Sad times indeed.
    One of my favorite bosses was very liberal. We had many good political discussions and never got uncivil.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348

/rant
    Brain dead DUMB liberals Fixed

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    This is one of my favorite quotes because I think it explains a lot about our political situation. My liberal-leaning friends seem wired to prefer policies that sound good but may not work to solve the problem at hand. I don't think they can help it. It's simply how their brains function. I can point out flaws in an idea, and it may cause them to mentally deviate, but like a compass, their brains swing back to the 'pretty picture'.

“The general difference between conservatives and liberals is that liberals like pretty pictures and conservatives like to build bridges that people can drive across.”​

Tom Clancy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I enjoyed my bubble and used it as a partition to keep the libbies at arms length where they were tolerable but they burst my bubble a long time ago so I have little, if any patience with them.
    Being attacked for not joining their bubble. BLM. COVID. Trans. They've certainly earned our ire. But it tends to prove my point.

Top Bottom