• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Bubba is pretty much a loose cannon right now. Who would step in and rein him in? Boy that would be a publicity nightmare for them!
    Nobody. He’s made himself untouchable. His contract with RPM ends this year, he knew what he was doing. RPM announced a week ago that they’d be resigning him. They pretty much had to, they would’ve been known as the team that let the “only black driver” in NASCAR go.

I kept seeing people say he’s the first black guy in NASCAR. Are these people this stupid? Wendell Scott was, and he was 5 times the man bubba is. He worked on his own cars. He pulled them to the track himself. He actually dealt with real racism, where they didn’t give him a win because of his skin color. Bubba could have used this to show the country people aren’t as racist as they paint them to be. Use Wendell Scott as an example of where we were 50 years ago and where we are now. He chose to play the victim game based on a lie, and after the truth was revealed continued to do so... so **** him.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    sports guy at work offered to let me go with him so I am. Hopefully get to man the camera a bit.
    Man the camera? For a homemade video, or something like dirt vision? If I end up going ill post it in here Sunday, but I doubt I will honestly. Looking forward to fixing this pool pump and floating around with a beer.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Just read that NASCAR is “in the early stages of meeting to determine whether or not to ban political sponsors”.

Slippery slope. Does the “back the blue” or “stand for the anthem” cars fall into that category? What about black lives matter car? They have black lives matter shirts and hats for sale on their website, will they be pulling those? I’m thinking this is going to turn into more pandering to the left and we’ll hear something like “black lives matter isn’t political, it’s about equality” while banning the back the blue and trump cars.

Either way, I’m still not watching that mess.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    However, industry execs, including those from teams, are getting increasingly uneasy about how much the sport has been politicized, so there could be newfound acceptance of this topic. Sources say that NASCAR itself is also getting frustrated by the increasing polarization and controversies surrounding the sport, and it is now holding internal discussions about whether to ban political paint schemes in the future.

Sounds like they’re beginning to feel the consequences of their stupid actions. If they would have just kept quiet about everything and never opened their mouths, they probably would’ve gained fans from both sides. It’s the only sport on, people who never watched it would have tuned in cause it’s the only sport on, and probably began to enjoy it. Instead, they had to poke their noses into a political climate, and now they’ve segregated their core fans trying to attract new. These new fans are casual fans who will leave as soon as nfl is back on and the only reason they’re watching is because they mentioned supporting their political group. Now those new fans are trying to run sponsors off that have been long time sponsors, because they disagree with the politics of said sponsor. NASCAR literally hung themselves with that “noose”. Good for them.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    People watch sports for entertainment. Politics is on another channel.

Want this to stop?

Use social media to pass along your example of letting the sport's advertisers know that you will go out of your way to NOT support them. Let them know you will be telling all of your friends and followers to NOT support companies who support sports political interests.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    However, industry execs, including those from teams, are getting increasingly uneasy about how much the sport has been politicized, so there could be newfound acceptance of this topic. Sources say that NASCAR itself is also getting frustrated by the increasing polarization and controversies surrounding the sport, and it is now holding internal discussions about whether to ban political paint schemes in the future.

Sounds like they’re beginning to feel the consequences of their stupid actions. If they would have just kept quiet about everything and never opened their mouths, they probably would’ve gained fans from both sides. It’s the only sport on, people who never watched it would have tuned in cause it’s the only sport on, and probably began to enjoy it. Instead, they had to poke their noses into a political climate, and now they’ve segregated their core fans trying to attract new. These new fans are casual fans who will leave as soon as nfl is back on and the only reason they’re watching is because they mentioned supporting their political group. Now those new fans are trying to run sponsors off that have been long time sponsors, because they disagree with the politics of said sponsor. NASCAR literally hung themselves with that “noose”. Good for them.

Hmm, I wonder if Winston will sponsor NASCAR again? Meh, NASCAR is boring to me anyway, I think I will stick with the Drags. Ashley Sanford, Brittany and Courtney Force, and Leah Pritchett can all keep me more occupied.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    People watch sports for entertainment. Politics is on another channel.

Want this to stop?

Use social media to pass along your example of letting the sport's advertisers know that you will go out of your way to NOT support them. Let them know you will be telling all of your friends and followers to NOT support companies who support sports political interests.

I don’t have social media. I browse twitter sometimes but don’t have an account. After reading some of the bs there, I’d go insane if I actually engaged in conversations. I’ll never make a Facebook or twitter account, just isn’t my thing.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Hmm, I wonder if Winston will sponsor NASCAR again? Meh, NASCAR is boring to me anyway, I think I will stick with the Drags. Ashley Sanford, Brittany and Courtney Force, and Leah Pritchett can all keep me more occupied.
    Winston can’t sponsor NASCAR because of federal law banning tobacco advertising.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    NASCAR couldn't get a series sponsor after this year so it will be split between four. That was before all the SJW crap of late.
    Ya in the article I read earlier the banning political sponsors is being discussed because “industry execs are getting increasingly uneasy about how much the sport has been politicized”. I think NASCAR forgot who their fans and sponsors are, and why companies pay millions of dollars to have their name on a car. If you muddy those waters people aren’t going to invest. I’m glad to see them getting pressure from companies to knock it off. They won’t listen to fans, maybe they’ll listen to their sponsors. Idiots

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Didn't really want to start a new thread for this so I'll leave it here.

Tony Stewart and Ray Evernham are starting up a new series which is based on the IROC series.

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2...ay-evernham-iroc-superstar-racing-experience/

I read about this earlier. SRXracing, Tony said it isn’t competing with NASCAR in the same way iroc wasn’t a competitor to NASCAR. I’m just glad they’ll have a series dedicated to short track racing. Short tracks are the grassroots of racing. He picked a great time to start a new series too, I’m betting a lot of us that swore off NASCAR will watch this instead. Unless they get political, I’ll be watching.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    I read about this earlier. SRXracing, Tony said it isn’t competing with NASCAR in the same way iroc wasn’t a competitor to NASCAR. I’m just glad they’ll have a series dedicated to short track racing. Short tracks are the grassroots of racing. He picked a great time to start a new series too, I’m betting a lot of us that swore off NASCAR will watch this instead. Unless they get political, I’ll be watching.

"Unless they get political". It's Tony Stewart we are talking about here! :lmfao::lmfao:He already hired the fired driver from this season. This is to me, him flying NASCAR the bird and saying, "eat my dust!".

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    "Unless they get political". It's Tony Stewart we are talking about here! :lmfao::lmfao:He already hired the fired driver from this season. This is to me, him flying NASCAR the bird and saying, "eat my dust!".
    I hope so, but you know given the climate we are in its a matter of time before someone protests the anthem or something, forcing him to either allow it or condemn it. It’s sad but it’s the all too real truth of the world we live in today, someone is dying to make him force his hand.

I hope he stays true to who we know tony as. I’ve met him a few times at the dirt tracks, always respected his don’t hold back personality.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Well at least CNBC is still asking those hard hitting questions every race fan wants to know. ****ing douche nozzles.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/13/racing-series-srx-tony-stewart-nascar-ban-confederate-flag.html

Lol, didn’t even take a day after the announcement. Wouldn’t wanna ask about the cars, the racing rules, or drivers who are planning to race. Nope. Ask about a stupid flag.

I used to think a weatherman was the easiest job someone could have. I was wrong. It’s clearly journalists.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lol, didn’t even take a day after the announcement. Wouldn’t wanna ask about the cars, the racing rules, or drivers who are planning to race. Nope. Ask about a stupid flag.

I used to think a weatherman was the easiest job someone could have. I was wrong. It’s clearly journalists.

If this is not a prime example of the idiocy we face from the MSM I am at a loss as to what would be.

Top Bottom