• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The brainstorming we used to do around any of our projects was epic. We called it Budweiser engineering because it took a real brain session and some adult beverages to figure out how to make this......fit there......with the equipment we had and the tooling/materials on hand or what ever we could borrow are trade into.
    And we always made it work. And it was usually fast. Or fast enough anyway. All the lessons learned racing got passed along to our personal street pieces. Especially the bikes.

Race day......just hanging in the pits waiting to go hot. The fellow center with the beard is also in the pic with the midget. We logged many many hours in the pro series together.
    B5Ytre2.jpg

Man I was born in the wrong era. I could read these stories and look at these pictures all day long. New racing sucks. I mean, I still love racing, but it isn’t what it was. Hearing about you sitting around drinking trying to figure out how to mount something a certain way, that’s what made the win so satisfying, was all those brain storming sessions and late nights in the garage. I remember waking up in the morning sitting in dads car cause we were up at 2 am getting it ready for the next race. I’d climb in and take a nap :):

Imo that’s what’s killing NASCAR. Not a single driver works on the car, pays for a tire, or pulls the car to the track. Show up, hop in, and race. Bunch of spoiled kids now. I’m surprised a league that was founded by moonshiners ever got to the point it was taken over by rich kids, but like you said earlier, big money killed it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So now the big thing is barstool sports. I haven’t read much about it, so maybe someone has some more info than I do, but it seems they made a racist comment years ago. Now the SJW are demanding NASCAR drop barstool as a sponsor. There you go NASCAR, good choice getting involved in politics, now the mob is going to continue making demands until every sponsor and fan is gone.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The 2A organizations and real NASCAR fans should take a lesson from the mob as far as social media work.

Our organizations should be wielding their power of numbers by contacting NASCAR sponsors. We should be letting the NASCAR sponsors know that they will no longer be patronized, while backing NASCAR's stance on gun control and supporting terrorist organizations.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    So now the big thing is barstool sports. I haven’t read much about it, so maybe someone has some more info than I do, but it seems they made a racist comment years ago. Now the SJW are demanding NASCAR drop barstool as a sponsor. There you go NASCAR, good choice getting involved in politics, now the mob is going to continue making demands until every sponsor and fan is gone.

Or until every driver is approved by the mob and they see NASCAR as worthy of success.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Or until every driver is approved by the mob and they see NASCAR as worthy of success.

Ya, before long they’ll be going through 20+ years of drivers quotes and demanding they lose their ride because they made a comment about the war in Afghanistan that may be offensive. NASCAR brought this on themselves when they opened that door. I’m kinda glad it’s happening, maybe they’ll understand the reasoning behind the fans telling them to focus on racing now.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Now up next, the left is going nuts because gofas racing and Corey LaJoie has a trump 2020 sticker on their car this weekend. Now demanding NASCAR get rid of them both.

Bans confederate flag. Liberals approve.
    Black lives matter car. Liberals approve.
    Fake noose. Liberals approve.

Liberals think they’ve taken over NASCAR.

Someone digs up old video of barstool sports using racial slur (singing rap song)... demand NASCAR cut all ties.
    Team puts a trump 2020 sticker on their car. Demand the team and driver be banned from NASCAR.

Well NASCAR, this is why you don’t cave in to these idiots. Give an inch they take a mile. They will continue until you have to ask them permission before putting a driver in a seat, or letting a company sponsor anything in the sport. Good job. Get woke, go broke.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Now up next, the left is going nuts because gofas racing and Corey LaJoie has a trump 2020 sticker on their car this weekend. Now demanding NASCAR get rid of them both.

Bans confederate flag. Liberals approve.
    Black lives matter car. Liberals approve.
    Fake noose. Liberals approve.

Liberals think they’ve taken over NASCAR.

Someone digs up old video of barstool sports using racial slur (singing rap song)... demand NASCAR cut all ties.
    Team puts a trump 2020 sticker on their car. Demand the team and driver be banned from NASCAR.

Well NASCAR, this is why you don’t cave in to these idiots. Give an inch they take a mile. They will continue until you have to ask them permission before putting a driver in a seat, or letting a company sponsor anything in the sport. Good job. Get woke, go broke.

I've never even heard of "barstool sports". What is it? Oh and you left out "Will allow kneeling protests during the national anthem". **** NASCAR.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    I've never even heard of "barstool sports". What is it? Oh and you left out "Will allow kneeling protests during the national anthem". **** NASCAR.

^^^Exactly=especially your last two words..

I would say the same thing for their sponsors, except then I would have to watch the "Show" to see who their sponsors are--THIS I will NOT do!!!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Honestly I’ve never heard of barstool sports either until this outrage. I guess they’re like a comedy talk show that discusses sports. The left is outraged because he sang a rap song, and didn’t edit out the n word in the song . And he said Colin kaepernick looks like he could be related to bin laden.

I agree. **** NASCAR. I just find it funny they pandered to the left in an attempt to gain fans, while giving the finger to their core fans. Now their new woke fan base is demanding they fire a driver for a trump sticker, make the team that had it on the car leave NASCAR, and cut all ties with the barstool sports sponsor. Oh, and now they’re also attacking the “back the blue” driver.

That’s what happens when you turn your back on your fans. Your woke fans won’t stick around because everything offends them. The sponsors will be run off because of something they did 20 years ago. And the core fans left already. Now you’re left with nothing. Idiots.

It’s the equivalent of leaving your wife for another woman, only to find out that new woman is a complete ***** and doesn’t like anything about you. Karma. It’s a *****

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Like I mentioned a couple pages back Ryan Newman owns a General Lee. . and he drives it a lot. It is also his girls favorite car he owns.

I am sure he has been told to no longer drive it to the race shop or anywhere now. His sponsors would drop him like third period French.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Top Tier has announced they will be leaving the sport.

Leftist are cheering that they’re glad to see it, they were a sexist company

There you go NASCAR, new fans running off sponsors and cheering about it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Like I mentioned a couple pages back Ryan Newman owns a General Lee. . and he drives it a lot. It is also his girls favorite car he owns.

I am sure he has been told to no longer drive it to the race shop or anywhere now. His sponsors would drop him like third period French.

Ya, what a shame. I really like Newman too, he races his ass off from lap 1 til the final lap.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Top tier... “we see the sport dying off and we hate to see that as we grew up being NASCAR fans and have a lot of friends that are drivers in NASCAR”.

If only there was some way to see this coming

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Here is toptier’s announcement on their website. https://toptier.co/blogs/news/top-tier-leaving-nascar

And from an interview with a different site...

the company’s representative said, “We are leaving NASCAR because the viewership isn’t like it used to be. From a business standpoint, it doesn’t make sense for us to continue if we aren’t seeing any gain from the viewership on NASCAR. No, we aren’t doing it because they banned the [confederate] flag. No, we aren’t doing it because of the Bubba Wallace story. We are simply not continuing our relationship because we see NASCAR as a whole declining. I can remember going to races back in 2005 – 2010 and the stands would be packed full. The parties would be insane in the infield and it was an overall great time. The past three times we’ve sponsored [a car] in NASCAR, we’ve seen empty seats, the energy is just different. NASCAR needs to do some serious marketing and make a lot of changes if they are wanting new sponsorships to come on board. With [the] prices to sponsor different teams, [it] just isn’t worth it.”

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Obviously NASCAR has marketing problems and their product isn't what it used to be. But, I hate to see sponsors leave. The reason is the trickle down effect. Anyone who has ever raced and sought sponsorship can tell you stories they had to listen to from potential sponsors who had a bad experience in sponsoring..anything. I 've had businesses say no because they had sponsored a little league and didn't see a financial benefit from it. Others had given some sponsorship money to a race team only to get nothing in return. Yet others have sponsored someone who promised use of the car/team for marketing but never followed through. Too many people have burned businesses by not taking care of their sponsors. Now we will see former sponsors shy away from other motorsports because of what their experience was with NASCAR. In the end it will effect racing of all types

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obviously NASCAR has marketing problems and their product isn't what it used to be. But, I hate to see sponsors leave. The reason is the trickle down effect. Anyone who has ever raced and sought sponsorship can tell you stories they had to listen to from potential sponsors who had a bad experience in sponsoring..anything. I 've had businesses say no because they had sponsored a little league and didn't see a financial benefit from it. Others had given some sponsorship money to a race team only to get nothing in return. Yet others have sponsored someone who promised use of the car/team for marketing but never followed through. Too many people have burned businesses by not taking care of their sponsors. Now we will see former sponsors shy away from other motorsports because of what their experience was with NASCAR. In the end it will effect racing of all types

Response to part of your post and not towards you.

1...........If you sponsor a little league team then you do that for the area involved.
    2...........If you expect a return on helping a group of kids play organized sports then you might be a Dick.
    3...........Yes you are a Dick.

The spouse and I have put sponsorship on several youth leagues using our racing name to do so and only expected the money go to support the kids.
    There were a few issues in using our Logo but no worries. Our name listed somewhere worked for us.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Corey LaJoie running a trump 2020 car this weekend, and NASCAR is promoting the race as honoring our heroes in the military and healthcare.

Think they’re trying to play both sides of the aisle here? I think they realize they screwed up and without saying it they’re trying to appease their core fans. Sorry, still done, you showed your true colors and I’ll never forget what you stand for when it finally came out.

Top Bottom