• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Not sure exactly where this ought to go, but to me this is a survival tactic in todays world...

Blurring an image does not remove an image.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I dont get what blurring does for your privacy as far as the famous folks. If they can find your address, they'll see where it is on the street. I dont see how hiding the actual house will help hide anything. Now if you have a large picture window and the lighting is right and you can see stuff inside, sure. But just to "hide" your house? Doesnt make sense to me. Maybe somebody else can enlighten me?

And I'm GM famous. There is a pic of me driving past the google car in my neighborhood.
    Blurring is more useful when it's done on the satellite pictures (view from above) if you have a large estate.
    Something folks can't see if they show up at your address and look from the street.
    It doesn't make much sense for simple houses, more for larger properties with multiple buildings and inside roads (such as prisons, power plants, military zones etc).
    A lot of those are blurred on Google Maps.

macgpic-1544449642-271834877517447-sc-jpt.jpg

macgpic-1544451574-273766008868436-sc-jpt.jpg

That's pictures of a power plant, prison and submarine base in France.

Sometimes they also edit pictures to hide the real layout of a particular area (remove or add buildings).
    It doesn't look as suspicious as a huge square blurry area but it doesn't show the true nature of the terrain.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Blurring is more useful when it's done on the satellite pictures (view from above) if you have a large estate.
    Something folks can't see if they show up at your address and look from the street.
    It doesn't make much sense for simple houses, more for larger properties with multiple buildings and inside roads (such as prisons, power plants, military zones etc).
    A lot of those are blurred on Google Maps.

macgpic-1544449642-271834877517447-sc-jpt.jpg

macgpic-1544451574-273766008868436-sc-jpt.jpg

That's pictures of a power plant, prison and submarine base in France.

Sometimes they also edit pictures to hide the real layout of a particular area (remove or add buildings).
    It doesn't look as suspicious as a huge square blurry area but it doesn't show the true nature of the terrain.
    Overhead, sure makes perfect sense. But not street view.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    My great great grandfather, who was a brick mason and built many of the down town buildings in Columbia City, build a home for his daughter, my grandmother, back in 1875 for her wedding present. I tried to look it up to see what renovations had been done recently and the house was blurred on Google street view. Ran a quick search on the address and the current owner is Jim Banks. Yep, that Jim Banks...

cburnworth

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    Just looked at mine again and the image is from 2013 before I even purchased the house. Can't believe how much work I have done to it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I dont get what blurring does for your privacy as far as the famous folks. If they can find your address, they'll see where it is on the street. I dont see how hiding the actual house will help hide anything. Now if you have a large picture window and the lighting is right and you can see stuff inside, sure. But just to "hide" your house? Doesnt make sense to me. Maybe somebody else can enlighten me?

And I'm GM famous. There is a pic of me driving past the google car in my neighborhood.

The best I can think of is it would hide what sort of vehicle is in your driveway? Otherwise, no idea what the point is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The best I can think of is it would hide what sort of vehicle is in your driveway? Otherwise, no idea what the point is.
    If anything, it makes it worse, possibly encouraging trespassing.

I cant see that sexy BBI's house on street view. So I guess to marvel at its beauty, I need to go stand in front of his house.
    *goes to his house*
    "wow. cool. Hey, look, that fence doesnt look that high, maybe I should jump it and go see if I can have a closer look since I'm here. And maybe I could get a glimpse of him through a window or maybe in his back yard grilling? Maybe grab a souvenir while I'm here?"

If me, the crazy fan, could have just marveled at your house online, I may not have actually put myself there where I might be tempted to do bad things.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    To get your house blurred out you apparently need to fill up forms, and it probably takes a while.

A simpler solution is to write "F**k You!" on the façade of your house
    Google will blur the text for you.

0_Google-Maps-users-spot-homeowners-message-after-request-to-blur-house-denied.jpg

I guess you need to write "F**k" all over to get everything blurred out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    To get your house blurred out you apparently need to fill up forms, and it probably takes a while.

A simpler solution is to write "F**k You!" on the façade of your house
    Google will blur the text for you.

I guess you need to write "F**k" all over to get everything blurred out.
    Then there is this guy. LOL

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The best I can think of is it would hide what sort of vehicle is in your driveway?

It has always amazed me, the folks that leave their vehicle parked in the driveway or on the street, when they have a garage.

Maybe I'm just :tinfoil: , but for 20+ years I have worked hard to not leave any indication of whether I or anyone else is home. Much less show that the residence is mine by leaving my vehicle out as an indicator.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    It has always amazed me, the folks that leave their vehicle parked in the driveway or on the street, when they have a garage.

Maybe I'm just :tinfoil: , but for 20+ years I have worked hard to not leave any indication of whether I or anyone else is home. Much less show that the residence is mine by leaving my vehicle out as an indicator.

My truck is taller than my garage door, plus I have a two car garage and four vehicles to park. I guess I could have Travis Scott park them for me, but I can't figure out how to get them all inside.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I don't want people seeing my 1996 Saturn or my 50+ year old horse trailer.

Honestly, I was surprised that my house was on street view. I looked some time ago several times and it wasn't. Now, it is and the pictures were from before I bought the house 7 years ago which I can tell because of landscaping.

Top Bottom