• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    Make sure you really want to do this. I blurred my old house on Google Street View. When I went to sell it, I realized I could not reverse the process. Years later, it is still blurred.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    I dont get what blurring does for your privacy as far as the famous folks. If they can find your address, they'll see where it is on the street. I dont see how hiding the actual house will help hide anything. Now if you have a large picture window and the lighting is right and you can see stuff inside, sure. But just to "hide" your house? Doesnt make sense to me. Maybe somebody else can enlighten me?

And I'm GM famous. There is a pic of me driving past the google car in my neighborhood.
    They can look at fences, barricades, security signs, cameras, points of access, spot lights, home layouts, the vehicle parked in your drive way. All without making a physical presence.

Ive gotten a lot of information off google maps using satellite images. It’s scary. Luckily the images are usually pretty old. Usually.

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    This works!! Was looking up my house on realitor.com and clicked on google maps. Thought to myself why the hell is my house blurred out.....then I remembered.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They can look at fences, barricades, security signs, cameras, points of access, spot lights, home layouts, the vehicle parked in your drive way. All without making a physical presence.

Ive gotten a lot of information off google maps using satellite images. It’s scary. Luckily the images are usually pretty old. Usually.
    A few years back we were having a lot of vehicles broken into (usually unlocked) this this area. When I started locking at Google maps of the streets/neighborhoods I started seeing that most had a lot of curved streets, big trees, and access through another neighborhood that took you out to a different main road.

There was the one guy who could get the window out of a Chevy pick-up and climb in without setting off the alarm. I guess he didn't see the camera mounted on the garage. Most were door handle-lifters.

Edit: I think they were using an online map program/app.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    For those in a metro area like Indy or around, what happens in google earth if you zoom in on a blurred house outside streetview and turn on the 3D buildings feature?

Top Bottom