Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    93346360qz4.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I like that the bus driver is still trying to drive through it even though it's clearly too deep.

91silvia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    "To whomever drives a red Ford Taurus, you may want to move your car....I repeat, you may want to move your car" :):

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yup, it was crazy. Lots of 3rd was flooded too, cars stalled with water over their hoods and everything. I was surprised as hell we didn't lose power.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yesterday between 5:30 and 6:00 pm

I got out of class, walked the door and was like "WTF" and waited 20 mins so I could walk home and not die :)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Yesterday between 5:30 and 6:00 pm

I got out of class, walked the door and was like "WTF" and waited 20 mins so I could walk home and not die :)

Yeah, the power was restored and life near normal before I could get home and take the AR and food rations out!

I got the glow sticks going 10 second before power was restored...

BTW: I missed the opportunity to take a great pick of a nearly submerged car next to a half gone city van. Several people I know had cars in the lower lots that were 100% submerged. The insurance people are VERY busy today.

On the other hand, it's Bloomington. No looting, just people pointing and drinking, or smoking plant products. Seriously, if the SHTF here, it will be weeks before anyone is sober enough to do anything bad.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Seriously, if the SHTF here, it will be weeks before anyone is sober enough to do anything bad.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: I actually walked to Chipotle on Kirkwood for dinner, and there were like 50 ppl in People's Park and Kilroy's was easily 3/4 full lol. Funny man, Techres :thumbsup:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I got a quick three photos in Bloomington two days ago too. This is at 45/46 and 3rd street by Best Buy and CVS.

Test024.jpg

Test022.jpg

Test021.jpg

Best of all, people would still try and drive into it until the state police would turn them away. I talked to the office and told him if they were that dumb I'd let em go! We laughed, there would have been 30 cars stuck in there if he was not keeping them from going through.

I broke off a big plastic shield on my car from going through some low flooding myself. The car sounded odd yesterday, looked under and a big piece was broke and dangling off, I then proceeded to kick it the rest of the way off. Who need a shield over the gas tank anyway? :dunno:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Peoples ignorance is just insane. Every time a flood gets in the news, there are pics of people stranded from driving into flooded roadways. Everyone has seen this yet...

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    my question is who taught these kids that it's safe to dive into flood waters, let alone ones coming out from under a bridge?

After veiwing all those photos from IUGradStudent, I'm beginning to doubt their inteligence a little.

Top Bottom