• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yup, that's where I go too. Great little spot, and best thing is it's free :)

Never shot my AR there, but will when I get time, mostly just my G19.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    On my way to drop a kid off at summer camp today, I stopped by the front gate of the Martinsville Sportsmans Club (my wife was curious as to where I spend so much time) and I was astonished at what I found.

It will be closed for a bit guys. That used to be the fence. I cannot imagine how bad the road back to the shooting bays is. Dangerous, I would guess to say the least.

mcc1.jpg

mcc2.jpg

mcc3.jpg

Not good.

But much of Martinsville looked pretty bad too. Lots of people are literally drying out everything on their front lawns.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Thanks for the info, I was wondering about the road, I bet it's in the creek now. It was barely there two years ago, they worked on it and it was better but I have doubts that it's even there now.

The water appears to have been high enough to get the rifle range underwater also I would think.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    What's worse than the Conservation Club... Starbucks has to be completely gutted and re-fitted! hehe (Hey, one of my good friends is the manager, it's a big deal to him!)

-J-

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    I go here, the pull off that you see if this link works like it should. Have been many time with no issues, from .22 to .223 so far.

Google Maps
    Yep, pulled off at that spot several times. Not to shoot though, just to try and call in some turkeys. Found a lot of pistol and .223 brass, plus some 20 gauge shells. Picked up all that I could find. I’m not a reloader, just don’t like people leaving there stuff behind. I don’t make it look good for other shooters.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Yep, pulled off at that spot several times. Not to shoot though, just to try and call in some turkeys. Found a lot of pistol and .223 brass, plus some 20 gauge shells. Picked up all that I could find. I’m not a reloader, just don’t like people leaving there stuff behind. I don’t make it look good for other shooters.

Where when you walk in? I always looks for anything, but don't ever see anything. When you walk in, what direction do you go? I go either left or right, and set up targets against a bank, but i never seem to see anywhere that people look like they've shot at before. :n00b:

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    I have found a few shotgun shells right near the entrance, but nothing else. I pick up anything I can, and usually have a bag just for this when I go out.

The only ones I can honestly say I have never got all of is the .22s, those things are tiny and I can never find them all! Shoot 10 times and only find 4 cases? WTH do they go? :n00b: I still try though!

Top Bottom