Black man shot in Kenosha, riots starting all over again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I looked at the fotos and videos. I didn't see tasers on their belts. So I asked if Philly had tasers.

The answers that came back varied, but finally got a good answer out of Route45 (thank you) and a followup that said: Yes, the city has them. These guys did not.

Simple answer to a simple question.

If you think that is a non-sequitur, Trump must drive you batty. :)

This is... revisionist history. Your original comment:

I suppose the Philly cops don't have Tasers? ....not that Tasers are necessarily effective with crazy people......

The implication of that question, as phrased, and as-qualified regarding their effectiveness against crazy people, belie your attempt now to claim nothing more than idle curiosity regarding the regulation kit for Philadelphia PD.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    This is... revisionist history. Your original comment:

The implication of that question, as phrased, and as-qualified regarding their effectiveness against crazy people, belie your attempt now to claim nothing more than idle curiosity regarding the regulation kit for Philadelphia PD.

If you start at the ghuns post above the one I initially posted on the subject, Mr William Jennings Bryan, you'll see the need to revise your criticism.

I forgive you in advance. :)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just saw on the local news that whoever called 911 claims they didn’t want the cops to come they just wanted emt’s to come with an ambulance to deal with a mentally unstable person. Um.... the only problem with that is the unstable individual had a knife and that situation is a no go for emt’s until the scene is secured by the police.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Browser source view gets around a LOT of paywalls.

The cheezy way with client/server is to serve the whole page, but then hide it with javascript until you've satisfied the pay wall. You can defeat it by using source view, or better, using the inspection tools. Or, just set up your browser to automatically load in reader view. But if they serve the page incomplete in front of the pay wall, or, it's a client side web app, you're not going to get around it, because the full content is only loaded after you've satisfied the pay wall.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If it's something I'm really interested in, I go see if Yahoo has a copy of it or I can use the icognito browser function.

I happen to read the LA Times too often to avoid their paywall I guess,

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If it's something I'm really interested in, I go see if Yahoo has a copy of it or I can use the icognito browser function.

I happen to read the LA Times too often to avoid their paywall I guess,

well-theres-your-problem-right-there.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I looked at the fotos and videos. I didn't see tasers on their belts. So I asked if Philly had tasers.

The answers that came back varied, but finally got a good answer out of Route45 (thank you) and a followup that said: Yes, the city has them. These guys did not.

Simple answer to a simple question.

If you think that is a non-sequitur, Trump must drive you batty. :)

Maybe it's a non-sequitur. If police would normally use tasers in that situation, and they didn't have them, then it's relevant and not a non-sequitur. I'm certainly no expert on police training, but I suspect that police in the US wouldn't generally use a taser in this situation. If that's the case, then that's the non-sequitur.

Bringing a taser to a knife fight didn't help these guys.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're welcome to explain how the question is in any way germane to the discussion. I'm all ears.

It would be germane to the discussion if the Philly police were trained to prefer using tasers in that situation, and then they didn't have them.

But lets say that is the case. Does that impugn the officers of wrongdoing? Does that justify rioting? Does that justify driving a pickup truck at high speed and running over police officers?

Top Bottom