Black Lives Matter protestors plan to disrupt Twin Cities Marathon this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Question here... Please fill me in. Is "black lives matter " only a rally call or is it an actual organization. If it's an organization , then IF they call for a disruption , then why can they not be sued by the organization that is putting on the race? Seems that kind of response would make " black lives matter" choose better opportunities to express themselves ,in the future.

It's not an organization. There's really nothing cohesive about it, in regards to having a figurehead or universal platform. It populated by some sincere (though "don't get it" individuals), but those that get the headlines are in many instances criminals, rabble rousers, or opportunist.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    So a bunch of ya-hoo's somewhere else in this country are calling for people that care for justice (hopefully, in reality, for all)to create havoc so they can justify stripping the local CVS because of perceived racism! That, I call thuggery.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So a bunch of ya-hoo's somewhere else in this country are calling for people that care for justice (hopefully, in reality, for all)to create havoc so they can justify stripping the local CVS because of perceived racism! That, I call thuggery.

Well, you often hear complaints concerning BLM, solely focusing on "black" lives. A criticism of the movement, is that it should replace "black" with "all." And while some of that group assuredly see it as movement concerning solely black people's lives, I think the more sincere of the group reject that notion. I personally think the movement has been corrupted by loons, but I also think the original point, that was trying to be made, was that "black lives matter.... as much as anyone else's." we can debate the validity of that premise til we're blue in the face, but there are many that belief there's merit to the belief that, "black lives" aren't held on equal footing with others. A belief that some can say is as widely held amongst other blacks, as it is with whites.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    One can only wonder if BLM will receive even a minuscule bit of examination from the federal government, nothing approaching even a fraction of the retaliation that the Tea Party took from the IRS.
    Yeah...right...and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That could be better stated, as MLK Jr, Chavez, and Ghandi did exactly that.

Except MLK and Ghandi never advocated for violence. Not saying that this particular group is, but we certainly have seen things take a turn in that direction where BLM is involved. Ghandi also said “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” I think there are more effective ways to do this other than causing disruption at an even that isn't even remotely related to the issue that they want to protest (police brutality).

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I certainly hope it's an opportunity to prove the 'stupid games --> stupid prizes' line of thought works in real life. Spending some quality time with other scofflaws in the local jail might be good for their dispositions.

Like they're not already familiar with the inside of a jail? Perhaps...

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My guess is that way more black people are killed by other black people than by white people. Therefore, if these clowns were serious they would be addressing the black lives issue first and foremost with other black people.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    That could be better stated, as MLK Jr, Chavez, and Ghandi did exactly that.

As already stated above, I don't recall Mr King or Mr Ghandi ever promoting violence either, now if we are talking about Cesar Chavez , I recall him advocating violence towards illegal immigrants, because of them working non union jobs and settling for poor wages, poor conditions and so on.
    He seemed to be aware of a immigration problem 50 years ago.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well, you often hear complaints concerning BLM, solely focusing on "black" lives. A criticism of the movement, is that it should replace "black" with "all." And while some of that group assuredly see it as movement concerning solely black people's lives, I think the more sincere of the group reject that notion. I personally think the movement has been corrupted by loons, but I also think the original point, that was trying to be made, was that "black lives matter.... as much as anyone else's." we can debate the validity of that premise til we're blue in the face, but there are many that belief there's merit to the belief that, "black lives" aren't held on equal footing with others. A belief that some can say is as widely held amongst other blacks, as it is with whites.

If there's one thing I can't stand it's a smurf.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Good arguments all around.

I still think this is just a way to get more media time. It is a set up.

And Kut could be right about the loons.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Water Cannons, I hope they bring out the Water Cannons out of the mothballs.
    I miss seeing the Water Cannons of my youth. It's fun to see people tumbling down the street in a wave of high pressure water.

Yes.. But the Media will cry they used Cannon's with high capacity magazine's and they will want them bannefd...:rolleyes:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Good arguments all around.

I still think this is just a way to get more media time. It is a set up.

And Kut could be right about the loons.

Kut has amazing "Loon-dar".....

"The State calls expert witness Kut to determine whether the defendant is really crazy or just a murdering sociopath...Your witness Kut..."

"Sniff, sniff,....Faking it..."

"Thank you sir...The prosecution rests..."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm still a little fuzzy on what this group wants. I kind of see it this way:

BLM: "BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Yes. They do...and.....?"

BLM: "Listen to us, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Agreed, so what is this protest about?"

BLM: "Stop oppressing me, and listen, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "I agree with that, but I would add that all lives matter."

BLM: "Racist !!!!!!"

ChootEm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Whitestown
    I'm still a little fuzzy on what this group wants. I kind of see it this way:

BLM: "BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Yes. They do...and.....?"

BLM: "Listen to us, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "Agreed, so what is this protest about?"

BLM: "Stop oppressing me, and listen, BLACK LIVES MATTER!!!"

Public: "I agree with that, but I would add that all lives matter."

BLM: "Racist !!!!!!"

#NailOnTheHead!!!

Oh crap I can't say that. "Impacting the top surface of an object with another object."

Did you see how I did that???......I didn't single out the hammer or the nail!

Top Bottom