Black Lives Matter protestors plan to disrupt Twin Cities Marathon this weekend.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I certainly hope it's an opportunity to prove the 'stupid games --> stupid prizes' line of thought works in real life. Spending some quality time with other scofflaws in the local jail might be good for their dispositions.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Water Cannons, I hope they bring out the Water Cannons out of the mothballs.
    I miss seeing the Water Cannons of my youth. It's fun to see people tumbling down the street in a wave of high pressure water.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just out of curiosity, "if" one was going to do it, how could they disrupt the marathon without committing a crime?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Water Cannons, I hope they bring out the Water Cannons out of the mothballs.
    I miss seeing the Water Cannons of my youth. It's fun to see people tumbling down the street in a wave of high pressure water.

I doubt water cannons have the accuracy needed.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Ahhhh youth.. Apparently you have never seen people shoe surfing , back sliding and wave rolling down the street with the help of 200 gallons per minute at 150 psi.. It just takes the stupidness right out of people, along with knee, elbow skin, shoes and sometimes clothing.
    It's hard to keep a civil unrest going, after you get the $ hit beat out of you for a block or two.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "If" they get a few busloads to participate and "If" LEO shuts them down I am sure the cry's of brutality and racism will resound through out the media. It is a set boys. Totally.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ahhhh youth.. Apparently you have never seen people shoe surfing , back sliding and wave rolling down the street with the help of 200 gallons per minute at 150 psi.. It just takes the stupidness right out of people, along with knee, elbow skin, shoes and sometimes clothing.
    It's hard to keep a civil unrest going, after you get the $ hit beat out of you for a block or two.

Just out of curiosity, what events are you fondly recalling from you youth? I can't really think of a notable event (domestically) where water cannons were deployed against people I'd describe as "stupid protesters."
    ....especially from the time you were a "youth."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just out of curiosity, what events are you fondly recalling from you youth? I can't really think of a notable event (domestically) where water cannons were deployed against people I'd describe as "stupid protesters."

I saw them used in my youth. The 60's were rife with the movement.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013

Well, I'm 57. So like CM I grew up with watching civil unrest on the evening news, and with growing up just outside the DC beltway I was 10 during the DC riots. And I don't have the opinion of the riots that you have, I had family trapped in downtown DC for days over the riots. And I looked at the damage for years after the riots.
    After my years serving I spent 82-85 working in central Africia, water cannons were and still are very popular on the continent of Africa.
    Believe me it will suck the air out of people causing civil unrest.
    With seeing it, you just have to shake your head and giggle just a little.

If Baltimore had used water cannons on the junior high school kids that first afternoon, I'm quite sure it would have put damper on the loot and burn that happened when it was allowed to escalate.
    It's easy to think different when it didn't affect you personally.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I'm 57. So like CM I grew up with watching civil unrest on the evening news, and with growing up just outside the DC beltway I was 10 during the DC riots. And I don't have the opinion of the riots that you have, I had family trapped in downtown DC for days over the riots. And I looked at the damage for years after the riots.
    After my years serving I spent 82-85 working in central Africia, water cannons were and still are very popular on the continent of Africa.
    Believe me it will suck the air out of people causing civil unrest.
    With seeing it, you just have to shake your head and giggle just a little.

If Baltimore had used water cannons on the junior high school kids that first afternoon, I'm quite sure it would have put damper on the loot and burn that happened when it was allowed to escalate.
    It's easy to think different when it didn't affect you personally.

Man I can hear the talking heads running their pie holes now..........water cannons. I do agree it would put a damper on the activity's.

I do feel this is a set up but can not see it gaining any positive for the movement.

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    Question here... Please fill me in. Is "black lives matter " only a rally call or is it an actual organization. If it's an organization , then IF they call for a disruption , then why can they not be sued by the organization that is putting on the race? Seems that kind of response would make " black lives matter" choose better opportunities to express themselves ,in the future.

Top Bottom