• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah, the confederate battle flags with Trump’s portrait emblazoned upon them on display at every Trump rally parking lot sure look welcoming to outsiders.
    Well I don't condone that kind of stuff. Aside from that I was talking about the results that Bug described and they are the kind of things that would benefit everyone. Not just white people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's one of them there 'checks and balances', the makeup of the high court was not designed to be as feckless as public opinion or the fad of the moment
    It was also not designed to be the arbiters and final say of what is constitutional. The court appointed itself that power. One could say it's not actually "designed" by the constitution, but rather the constitution granted much of the "design" to congress. Congress has the power to change the structure of the courts.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    They are truly terrified he will run again. We have had so many obvious criminals in office. Rarely is anything done about them. It's all a ploy to to swing the masses. Unfortunately, there really are that many gullible people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, the confederate battle flags with Trump’s portrait emblazoned upon them on display at every Trump rally parking lot sure look welcoming to outsiders.
    That's because of their ignorance. Confederate flags can symbolize racism. Or just pride in southern culture. I've lived in a few Southern states. Some are more racially integrated than Indiana. Or at least were when I lived in them. There's pockets of racism everywhere. It's not just a confederate flag toting thing.

1680823902761.png

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's because of their ignorance. Confederate flags can symbolize racism. Or just pride in southern culture. I've lived in a few Southern states. Some are more racially integrated than Indiana. Or at least were when I lived in them. There's pockets of racism everywhere. It's not just a confederate flag toting thing.

View attachment 268234
    Don't you know that all southern culture is racist because the southern states were once in the confederacy. As far as those MAGA supporters that sport the confederate flag I think there has to be some more proof that they are doing it for racist purposes, but I guess some would say that is the perception.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Take the band Lynyrd Skynyrd for example. They used to always have a confederate flag as a backdrop at their concerts until all the woke brouhaha started. They put out a statement that it was meant to represent and show pride in their southern culture but that wasn't good enough, so they stopped using it because they were still being falsely perceived as racists when they never exhibited any qualities of being so.

One could say the same thing about those MAGA supporters. My point is that is there any proof that they are acting racist in any fashion that supports anything other than pride in their southern culture?

Now I'm not saying that there are no racist among them but I'm looking for instances where they overtly act in a racist manner.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Take the band Lynyrd Skynyrd for example. They used to always have a confederate flag as a backdrop at their concerts until all the woke brouhaha started. They put out a statement that it was meant to represent and show pride in their southern culture but that wasn't good enough, so they stopped using it because they were still being falsely perceived as racists when they never exhibited any qualities of being so.

One could say the same thing about those MAGA supporters. My point is that is there any proof that they are acting racist in any fashion that supports anything other than pride in their southern culture?

Now I'm not saying that there are no racist among them but I'm looking for instances where they overtly act in a racist manner.
    At the risk of triggering him again, I believe LG is saying it makes certain woke individuals FEEL like they're not welcome, so rather than tell them to get over themselves we are supposed to be ashamed and do penance

The most common flag seen is the Confederate Battle Flag, not the flag of the CSA; and indeed, though outgunned by an enemy more than twice their size, they handed the Union its ass for most of the war. I think they have a right to be somewhat proud of their prowess in battle

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

View attachment 268234

What point are you trying to make here, that the confederate battle flag isn’t an icon of racism?

Do I really have to post photos of KKK rallies here?

I mean…you already know which flags they’ll be flying.

Are you trying to say it’s only a racist symbol sometimes? Maybe like only when really racist racists use it to be really super overtly racist?

Let me ask you this: you are hosting a dinner party for your work colleagues - of multiple different racial and ethnic backgrounds - at your home in Indiana. For the sake of this example you have one small flagpole holder next to your front door.

Do you fly your confederate flag at your door that evening?

I can think of countless reasons not to, but only one reason to do so: to send a clear message to non-whites that they are unwelcome, because that’s exactly how they’d see it.

Why don’t we ask all the black INGOers what they think?

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    At the risk of triggering him again, I believe LG is saying it makes certain woke individuals FEEL like they're not welcome, so rather than tell them to get over themselves we are supposed to be ashamed and do penance

The most common flag seen is the Confederate Battle Flag, not the flag of the CSA; and indeed, though outgunned by an enemy more than twice their size, they handed the Union its ass for most of the war. I think they have a right to be somewhat proud of their prowess in battle
    Well the thing is they are saying that the battle flag is a symbol that the confederacy was engaged in battle to preserve slavery so those that are flying it now must want to embrace that.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis

Yes, the confederate battle flag…the flag of the losers.

Hmmm…maybe it’s more appropriate for Trump than I realized.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    Well the thing is that they are saying that the battle flag is a symbol that the confederacy was engaged in battle to preserve slavery so those that are flying it now must want to embrace that.

I don’t want to associate myself with the symbols favored by slave-owning losers.

I struggle to understand why anyone else would choose to either…the message it sends is crystal clear.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I don’t want to associate myself with the symbols favored by slave-owning losers.

I struggle to understand why anyone else would choose to either…the message it sends is crystal clear.
    I don't know exactly what their reasoning for doing so is. I don't feel the need to do it myself. Personally, I don't feel there is a need. But then again, I'm a Yankee. Yankees won the war.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    One side is ready to point out the zealots in the other house while ignoring their own house is crawling with human debris, maggots too.

They just happen to fly their own flags.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I disagree with your core assumption: that previous economic prosperity was somehow Trump’s doing, and that Biden has been its undoing. I think the Relationship between the economy and the executive is more complicated and slower to respond than your dichotomy allows.

However, If we are looking back through the rose-colored glasses, the Obama years were my financial best, I’d take that time of my (financial) life back in a heartbeat.
    Man that is some funny stuff there.
    I know you didn't intend it to be, and that's part of what makes it even funnier!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    One side is ready to point out the zealots in the other house while ignoring their own house is crawling with human debris, maggots too.

They just happen to fly their own flags.
    "We're not here to judge you, we're just here to love you, Let your freak, let your freak, let your freak flag fly. There's no reason why, you can't let your freak flag fly".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    IDK how we swerved into a discussion about the confederacy, but I guess the Ingo way is to swerve sometimes.

Top Bottom