• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't even think the 10 commandments would slow the decline.
    Maybe not in time. If kids started honoring their parents, stopped killing each other in inner cities and these mass shootings, stopped the hookup culture, stopped stealing, stopped lying, and stopped worrying too much about what other people have, if they suddenly changed their values to think those things were important, it would be a pivotal generation, and a beginning.

But posting 10 commandments in classrooms is only about asserting Christian dominance, not about changing hearts and minds.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I disagree with your core assumption: that previous economic prosperity was somehow Trump’s doing, and that Biden has been its undoing. I think the Relationship between the economy and the executive is more complicated and slower to respond than your dichotomy allows.

However, If we are looking back through the rose-colored glasses, the Obama years were my financial best, I’d take that time of my (financial) life back in a heartbeat.
    The USA was completely energy independent under Trump. We were even exporting oil for the first time in decades.

Day one... biden starts screwing with our nations oil production.

The price of fuel has doubled, and now they get all kinds of excited if it happens to go down 30 cents... like they did something positive for us.

The only oil we are exporting... is our strategic reserves... and that to our biggest economic competitor, and most political adversary (and most likely future military one too) China...

That fuel cost is only ONE example of how biden has screwed everything up, but other than all the woke crap... (and money going to Ukraine) it's the biggest financial thing.

Fuel prices are everything. It's the gage by which we measure all else.
    Our modern society is centered around technology based on the availability of plentiful low cost fuel.
    Farmers can't grow food without diesel.
    350+ million Americans don't drive anywhere without gas.
    Every single thing you buy... in every single store you shop at, OR online... is delivered by trains, or trucks... that run on fuel.
    When that fuel costs more... prices go up.
    Every single thing you eat... from the grocery store, or at a restaurant... was delivered by trains, or trucks... that run on fuel.
    When that fuel costs more... prices go up.

YOU may well have made more back during the obama years... if you're talking per paycheck...
    However, I can guarantee you that you are paying more for stuff now... than you have EVER paid in your life... (because biden and crew) and THAT'S what the rest of the country is feeling right now.

* "and crew" denotes his handlers, the democrat party as a whole, and pretty much the entire DC establishment. Can't just blame biden. As much as I hate the guy... he has no clue what's going on, and medically should have never been allowed to run for office.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I disagree with your core assumption: that previous economic prosperity was somehow Trump’s doing, and that Biden has been its undoing. I think the Relationship between the economy and the executive is more complicated and slower to respond than your dichotomy allows.

However, If we are looking back through the rose-colored glasses, the Obama years were my financial best, I’d take that time of my (financial) life back in a heartbeat.

It's not like the economy is just off doing its own thing. The president's policies certainly affect the economy. Would you argue that Carters policies didn't cause stagflation?

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Can anyone say that none of Trump's policies during his administration had a positive effect on prosperity at the time?

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's not like the economy is just off doing its own thing. The president's policies certainly affect the economy. Would you argue that Carters policies didn't cause stagflation?
    The "misery index" was a thing during Carter's presidency. That's not a positive phrase meant to extol the virtue of Carter's policies.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Stormy was trying to be coy with that statement. She was denying that they had an affair. Not that they never had sex or that she wasn't paid "hush money."
    That letter is dated after WSJ published the story about the hush money. Stormy Daniels was most likely still acting according to the agreement. She later admitted that it was all true. I think it's disingenuous for Jack Prosobiec to post that as if it's proof that the affair never happened.

Daniels sued Trump and Cohen saying that the NDA was invalid. The suit was dismissed after they agreed not to enforce the NDA. She sued Trump a second time for defamation and lost.

Of course the admission about having the NDA doesn't prove conclusively that the deed happened. Betting odds favor that it did.

If Trump used campaign funds to pay her off and didn't disclose it, that's a problem. It's not a problem worthy of a felony, and certainly not 134 years in prison.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That letter is dated after WSJ published the story about the hush money. Stormy Daniels was most likely still acting according to the agreement. She later admitted that it was all true. I think it's disingenuous for Jack Prosobiec to post that as if it's proof that the affair never happened.

Daniels sued Trump and Cohen saying that the NDA was invalid. The suit was dismissed after they agreed not to enforce the NDA. She sued Trump a second time for defamation and lost.

Of course the admission about having the NDA doesn't prove conclusively that the deed happened. Betting odds favor that it did.

If Trump used campaign funds to pay her off and didn't disclose it, that's a problem. It's not a problem worthy of a felony, and certainly not 134 years in prison.
    I think I accidently deleted my post that you quoted.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

Here's a short clip discussing biden's destruction of the US economy...

The selling of even one barrel (let alone 218 million) of our SPR to our leading economic competitor (and strongest & most potential military enemy) China.... is nothing short of treason.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Lot's of people pay for NDA's with their own money which Trump did. It's not a crime. I think it was Dershowitz that said should they then have to record the details of what the NDA was for in the books subject to public records? That would defeat the purpose of an NDA.

Trump was not trying to conceal a crime because it wasn't a crime.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Here's a short clip discussing biden's destruction of the US economy...

The selling of even one barrel (let alone 218 million) of our SPR to our leading economic competitor (and strongest & most potential military enemy) China.... is nothing short of treason.

Just stop it! This is serious s*** about, payoffs, ripoffs, and things nobody saw. The US economy is nowhere near that important. Just ask Bragg…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lot's of people pay for NDA's with their own money which Trump did. It's not a crime. I think it was Dershowitz that said should they then have to record the details of what the NDA was for in the books subject to public records? That would defeat the purpose of an NDA.

Trump was not trying to conceal a crime because it wasn't a crime.
    No. It's not a crime. But it's still unclear to me how they're insisting that it's a campaign expense. Evidence of that seems to be as scares as the crime allegedly covered up by the incorrect accounting. They gonna need a lot more Kraken than they've provided. If it were an honest court hearing it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In my opinion, biggest problem with kids, is PARENTS.
    Parents that don't discipline.
    Parents that think all learning is done at school

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No. It's not a crime. But it's still unclear to me how they're insisting that it's a campaign expense. Evidence of that seems to be as scares as the crime allegedly covered up by the incorrect accounting. They gonna need a lot more Kraken than they've provided. If it were an honest court hearing it.
    Maybe they are trying to insist that it was a campaign expense because they say the hush money was paid to try and keep it from negatively affecting his campaign.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe they are trying to insist that it was a campaign expense because they say the hush money was paid to try and keep it from negatively affecting his campaign.
    That's what they're saying, but it can't be proven unless they have some communications between Trump and lawyers saying it. Cohen has claimed it, but he took a plea deal.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That's what they're saying, but it can't be proven unless they have some communications between Trump and lawyers saying it. Cohen has claimed it, but he took a plea deal.
    They're trying really hard to make it so. Bragg even stated it in the indictment that Trump and Cohen and the editor of the National Enquirer engaged in a "Catch and kill" scheme to handle any embarrassing things from being disclosed that could negatively affect his campaign which included paying money to Stormy and McDougal and a doorman.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In my opinion, biggest problem with kids, is PARENTS.
    Parents that don't discipline.
    Parents that think all learning is done at school
    Unfortunately it is a multigenerational issue where parents do less and less and schools get deeper and deeper with each generation…

There are exceptions to this generalization…

Top Bottom