• ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    Let’s tally all this up. They started out right from the get go investigating Trump for allegedly colluding with the Russians to affect an election and HRC was never investigated for the dirty deeds she actually did to try and affect an election and undermine a presidency.

After that didn’t pan out they impeached him not once but twice for good measure.

Now we have the first former president to be indicted with three more potential indictments in the works.

Man the Democrats want to get him out of the way really bad so they can have their way with the country.This is an unprecedented level of an attack on a political opponent.

What comes next? Shoot, stab and burn him?
    954338E9-76D3-4E0B-9C53-C76486E8D885.jpeg

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Surely a city spending so much energy going after Pres. Trump has its s*** together
    Surely

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    They’re being charged as felonies. He’s technically correct. But can he say with his intellectual integrity intact that the charges were not politically motivated?

Apologies, it was not my intent to infer personal knowledge of the charges, only to try to report what some others were claiming.

I have not made the claim the charges were not politically motivated in any of my previous posts, and I am not making that claim now. I doubt any prosecution is completely devoid of political motivations entirely, and I imagine some are more politically motivated than others.

I am not sure how to measure the amount of political motivation in someone else’s actions but, assuming no prosecution is really 0% politically motivated, where would we draw an appropriate line?

Is a prosecution that is 10% politically motivated acceptable? 25%? 51%?

What about a prosecution that appears overtly politically motivated, but uncovers factual criminal conduct?

Is there a way to investigate politicians for criminal actions without being accused of political motivations? How much credence should be given when those accusations are themselves equally likely to be politically motivated?

I guess I’m comfortable with the appearance of political motivation if the criminal investigation reveals factual criminal behavior...I’m honestly not sure how we could really avoid it, pragmatically speaking.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Apologies, it was not my intent to infer personal knowledge of the charges, only to try to report what some others were claiming.

I have not made the claim the charges were not politically motivated in any of my previous posts, and I am not making that claim now. I doubt any prosecution is completely devoid of political motivations entirely, and I imagine some are more politically motivated than others.

I am not sure how to measure the amount of political motivation in someone else’s actions but, assuming no prosecution is really 0% politically motivated, where would we draw an appropriate line?

What about a prosecution that appears overtly politically motivated, but uncovers factual criminal conduct?

Is there a way to investigate politicians for criminal actions without being accused of political motivations? How much credence should be given when those accusations are themselves equally likely to be politically motivated?

I guess I’m comfortable with the appearance of political motivation if the criminal investigation reveals factual criminal behavior...I’m honestly not sure how we could really avoid it, pragmatically speaking.
    Why do you do this? You're trying to equivocate on something that's indefensible. This crap will destroy this country, in your lifetime, so it really puzzles me why it doesn't really bother you.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Is there a way to investigate politicians for criminal actions without being accused of political motivations?
    Very good point. But in this particular instance, Bragg literally campaigned on "Get Trump!" So I believe his motive to be purely political. After all, this issue was reviewed by other prosecutors a they decided to not pursue it. Bragg is dirty.
    No. Not if lady justice is blind.
    That's a very good question/point. I suppose it is similar to the thought "does the end justify the means". Typically my view is no, the end doesn't justify the means. But I suppose there is room for more contemplation. As yet Bragg hasn't demonstrated any crime. He hasn't even referenced the law he claims Trump knowingly violated.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County

so you won't throw a fit when it is bidens turn????

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Man the Democrats want to get him out of the way really bad so they can have their way with the country.This is an unprecedented level of an attack on a political opponent.
    But I'm being told that DeRomneyis will just step in and pick up the sword and no one will know the difference

It would seem obvious to me that they see Trump as the greater threat

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    But I'm being told that DeRomneyis will just step in and pick up the sword and no one will know the difference

It would seem obvious to me that they see Trump as the greater threat
    So, we have a thread which essentially points out the hypocrisy and dirty politics and decries the ridiculous behavior of the Dems wrt these charges, and, with a small exception, INGO members supporting Trump in this witch hunt fiasco. Even those who do not otherwise support Trump. And you jump in with an inane name for a potential opponent who has also not said anything negative about Trump during this circus. I you aren't Trump or his ventriloquist dummy, I know who you must be:

curmudgeon.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Rachel Maddow and Liberal Media FREAK OUT After Trump Pulls Chess Move During Indictment Speech​

note: a commenter used a NSFW word.

Top Bottom