• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is there a best brand? I want quality not cheap, and no knockoffs. I have read pretty good things about Noco and their models seem to do well in most tests and reviews. What do you like?

Leaning toward this one, a friend has it and likes it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is there a best brand? I want quality not cheap, and no knockoffs. I have read pretty good things about Noco and their models seem to do well in most tests and reviews. What do you like?

Leaning toward this one, a friend has it and likes it.

I have 2. Jumps my Diesel Truck fine. Jumps car fine.

Eric66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2024
    West Lafayette
    Setting this one to watch. I'm interested in finding out what's reliable and what's junk. I do keep a set of long jumper cables in my truck though, mostly to help other folks out. Only time my battery seems to die is in my driveway when it sits for a few days at -10 or lower.

Eric66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2024
    West Lafayette
    A set of #2ga 15-20 ft jumper cables.

A long time ago I was desperate, no cables of my own and my buddy didn't have any either. I found out that 10ga romex can be used, just needs to charge longer before trying to start. Throw it away when done since it will almost certainly have a big weak spot in one or both conductors.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    What are you gonna use it for?

Gooloo 4000 is what I had after watching the Project Farm review. Couple years ago, came back to work to find out the main breaker on the sub panel powered our battery tenders was tripped sometime between Christmas and New Years. We have communication equipment on the trucks which are hardwired in, and stays on 24/7. The dual battery set up on each truck would be drained in couple days at the best.

I started all 5 trucks from on single charge, 6.0L Chevy 3500 dually gaser in sub freezing weather.

But, it could not start a 6.7 Cummins in the summer.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I have a craftsman one. It is the previous model to this. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09TSHYWV...hqUtxeaf0fOlPMVoGQxuWoq52WMdw7LG0GijS7e8EJwH-

It is pure garbage and by the looks of the new model they did not improve anything(went from black color to red).
    The window that shows the voltage is tissue paper thin red plastic. In use or even just hanging out in your trunk it will break. The cables are to short. The battery in mine is dead, and replacing it is not worth it. It was never good at anything is was supposed to do.

The only plus for me is not needing a charger to charge it, you just plug any extension cord into it. I would never buy another one though.

Top Bottom