• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Another vote for Squealers! Pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, brisket...it's not even 7am and I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. They have an appetizer there that is a full meal for two in itself, BBQ nachos, I highly recommend them. They have a few variations of sauces and on the wall as you walk in they have multiple awards from various BBQ contests they have won.

Two locations, one on 86th st and one in Moorseville.

Squealers Barbeque | Indianapolis and Moorseville Restaurants

With all of the suggestions that came through, I have started my journey to visit the places.

Traveled 120 mile to Squealers on 86th this evening (in the blowing snow). Actually I was in Indy on business today, and I did travel 120 mile, so it's all true.

The BBQ nachos were great, the smoky atmosphere was very pleasant. Pull pork was good....

But....
    The ribs were too dry, not rubbed or basting during the cooking process and the sauce was too sweet for my taste.

South Street Smokehouse is still on top for Indiana on my list.

Next week I'm going to Hickory Hills BBQ in Edinburgh for lunch.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Just visited City Barbecue on 31.
    Very good. I'm a huge bbq guy and this was a pleasant surprise from what looked like a typical chain bbq place.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Wolfs in E-ville has the best ribs I've ever had.

forgot about E-ville. I absolutely LOVE shylers, the rib glaze is to die for and they have chicken fingers the size of your head. my wife hates if we go to evansville because she knows every meal we eat will be from shylers.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    forgot about E-ville. I absolutely LOVE shylers, the rib glaze is to die for and they have chicken fingers the size of your head. my wife hates if we go to evansville because she knows every meal we eat will be from shylers.
    Love the Pulled pork Cheese fries :D

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany

WTH is Shylers? That whole area looks different on Google Earth. That used to be a dentist office owned by the parents of one of by buddies.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    McRib.jpg

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I like Frankies on South Bend Av in South Bend ( used to be Archies)
    or
    Bills on Franklin street in Elkhart
    I go for the Rib tips
    No it's not southwestern style but the style I like

And if U go to either make sure you are packing for your own safety But then again I know all INGO'rs already are :)

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I really expected to see it on here already, but didn't really see any poster in my area.
    IMO, Frankies Barbecue on Washington St. in South Bend is the best I have ever had. Their rib tips can't be beat, I have never tasted a sauce like theirs.
    I would not go there unarmed, but I would dress like a commando if that's what it took.
    Anyone from S.B around here.

I like the one on South Bend Av. both are great but I feel a little safer there than on Washington St. LOL

Top Bottom