• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    D&R in Lafayette is really good. Just had another great brisket sandwich tonight. Their ribs are great also.

Security122

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Southside of Indy
    Hoffa's in Westfield is pretty good, but I wish we had a Rendezvous in Indy!!

:yesway: The Rendezvous is famous for their BBQ ribs, but Corky's (a chain) is a close second for Memphis style BBQ. I just searched on Corky's and there is one in Evansville, IN at 421 NW Riverside Drive. If it is as good as the several I have been to, they should have great ribs (wet or dry) and great southern style (not southwestern style) pulled pork BBQ.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Smokin Jack's Rib Shack in Bloomington. I went to college with Jack. I used to attend backyard BBQ's at his house. He kept saying in school that he was going to own his own place one day. Great job Jack!

Smokin' Jack's Rib Shack

ALSO: Squeeler's in Mooresville is pretty darn good.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Out of my smoker.

picture.php

picture.php

I make my own rubs and sauces too.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I just pulled a pork picnic that I smoked yesterday. She's warming up in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. Mmmmmmmmmm.......

Hickory Hills should be open, they told me in Dec that they close for Jan & Feb. I'll ve down that way on the 24th, I'll definitely be headed their direction when I'm down there.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Dickey's BBQ Pit in Schereville.. I drove out to Iowa with the now owners of this franchise to try the place out.. it was amazing... they decided to open up a few out here.. Now their here... amazing meats

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Out of my smoker.

picture.php

picture.php

I make my own rubs and sauces too.
    Looks pretty tasty.
    Me too, and every time I try to eat somewhere I am sadly disappointed. Recently I have had several people suggest I open a BBQ joint and market my rubs/sauces.....Ahhhh to dream.....I really am disappointed by everything I try though, I don't know If I'm setting my standards too high, if I'm spoiled or if mine really is THAT good.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Dickey's BBQ Pit in Schereville.. I drove out to Iowa with the now owners of this franchise to try the place out.. it was amazing... they decided to open up a few out here.. Now their here... amazing meats
    I can't speak for your friends location, but the three I've tried in other places have saddened me. I think they are sort of like the McDonalds of the bbq world. Heck, they don't even have pepper sauce.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Looks pretty tasty.
    Me too, and every time I try to eat somewhere I am sadly disappointed. Recently I have had several people suggest I open a BBQ joint and market my rubs/sauces.....Ahhhh to dream.....I really am disappointed by everything I try though, I don't know If I'm setting my standards too high, if I'm spoiled or if mine really is THAT good.

I have the same problem. The only time I have tasted Q as good or better than mine is at comps. Learning how to do my own has jilted me good Q experiences at places that may be "great" to people that don't have a Q palate.

My sauces are vinegar and vinegar/ketchup based. Part of being raised in the Eastern NC area is I like the taste of that style. The really sweet STL style sauces I can't handle.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I have the same problem. The only time I have tasted Q as good or better than mine is at comps. Learning how to do my own has jilted me good Q experiences at places that may be "great" to people that don't have a Q palate.

My sauces are vinegar and vinegar/ketchup based. Part of being raised in the Eastern NC area is I like the taste of that style. The really sweet STL style sauces I can't handle.
    I combine Texas style dry rub/smoking with Carolina style sauces. I'm not big on sweet and don't apply sauce to the meat, that's up to the guy putting it on his plate. When I have a leftover chunk of brisket or pork roast I simmer the he77 out of it with some of my sauce for sandwiches.....the real smoke flavor of good bbq rounds it out perfectly (liquid smoke is a cardinal sin, I can usually spot it from a restaurant before we even go in)! Oh, I ALWAYS use wood chips from a tree within a few hundred feet of where I am smoking. Something about when people see me chipping away with my hatchet seems to actually effect the flavor and quality of the meal;)

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Columbus OH

Thanks for that suggestion. But when in Columbus OH I always try and stop by the PIG IRON BBQ.

r4c1.htm
    pib5158-R01-073-35_1q5w500.jpg

Too lazy to look at every post but the new place in Greenwood, City BBQ is the best tasting bbq I've had in the 12 years living in this cold, white, bbq deprived state. Except of course when I go down to Oklahoma to visit my dad, then the problem is too many good places and not enough meals to cover them all while here. We were coming back from Columbus OH last month and drove about 45 minutes out of our way to try the City BBQ in Dayton and are happy to report that it was just as good over there. Now our trips to Columbus will be rerouted so that the City BBQ in Dayton ISN'T out of our way!

Top Bottom