• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    My old Moltrie camera had a rechargeable 6 volt battery in it, my new one uses 4 C-batteries. Which type of C batteries work/function best in cold weather? I know alkaline batteries loose power MUCH faster in cold temps. Would lithium one's work better? Do they even make lithium C batteries? :dunno: I can't say I've ever seen them though.

My new camera is infared so I suppose it dosen't use as much power to light up the LED's compared to the strobe flash in my Moltrie.

SINK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Lithium is definatly the way to go. NiCads would probably be ok as well. These will definatly cost you more though.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Mine has a plugin for solar panels. I have a gig memory card and have left it out for about a month in Jan and had no problems with batteries. Got 2 of them off ebay for 8 dollars a piece. Works with 6v or DD batteries. Otherwise try the Lithiums they should hold up better than alkallide batteries. I have used the same batteries for 3 years now with the solar recharger. Something to consider. Bits the first time ,but worth it in the long run. Use one on my feeder too.

Moultrie Deer Feeder 6 Volt Deluxe Solar Panel - eBay (item 290489253888 end time Oct-31-10 18:22:40 PDT)

Top Bottom