• ...and so much more!
  • spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Asprin and alcohol?

No thanks, I prefer my stomach to be free of ulcers.

I usually do take a couple Excedrin before I go to sleep after i have been drinking. Last night I did. Still felt like crap in the morning. My headaches gone now and I am drinking water. But, I need to eat. I think I am going to make some Jambalaya w/habanero.

And, yeah, Red Wine last night. I went to a wine bar in Dyer. It wasn't bad. But, I didn't have much choice. I could have ordered beer. But, when in Rome. The White Castle was necessary, I was starving.

My friend is a medic in the Army and she would do that with the "banana bags". I think that's what she called them. Saline solution. She said it works like a charm. Too bad she's deployed. I could really use her right now.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Like somebody else mentioned the hangover is due to dehydration. That is why drinking water works. I have not had a good hangover in quite some time. Lucky for me the wife is good about getting me home early before I hurt myself too bad. I have it on good authority from a guy that likes his beer a little too much that Gatorade is the cure for the common hangover. No doubt a saline drip would be the best. Not sure eating white castle and the resulting s**ts is good for not having enough water in the system?

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    When I have a decent amount to drink, I will pop to Advil and drink at least one large glass of water before I go to bed. I prefer a 32oz gatoraid but in a pinch some water will help. I figure I'm going to be up all night going to the bathroom anyways.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I usually do take a couple Excedrin before I go to sleep after i have been drinking. Last night I did. Still felt like crap in the morning. My headaches gone now and I am drinking water. But, I need to eat. I think I am going to make some Jambalaya w/habanero.

And, yeah, Red Wine last night. I went to a wine bar in Dyer. It wasn't bad. But, I didn't have much choice. I could have ordered beer. But, when in Rome. The White Castle was necessary, I was starving.

My friend is a medic in the Army and she would do that with the "banana bags". I think that's what she called them. Saline solution. She said it works like a charm. Too bad she's deployed. I could really use her right now.

I was going to mention the Excedrin. This is the BEST for alcoholi... I mean "drinkers".

Seriously, though.. The wife and I went out last night and I had 10 shots and a few Seven and Crown's....

Excedrin during and after drinking and you're good.

Exception - red wine. I still don't know the cure for red wine.

But liquor can be conquered by two pills costing a grand total of
    :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

If you are going to take pain relievers after a night of drinking, make sure it's ibuprofen.

If I know I have a long night of drinking ahead of me, I try to chug a cold glass of water in between every so many shots/beers...If it's a really long night, I'll take a few pain relievers that contain ibuprofen, but not asprin.

I don't get hangovers too often though, I usually sleep through them.:D

After a steady dose of alchy, there's nothing better to cure a hangover than sleeping 'til noon.:):

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Hmmmm, there quite a few alcohol experts here.:rolleyes:

When asked why I drink too much, I tell them to consider the "news" events going on.... then I tell'em I probably don't drink enough!

My doctor said wine was good for me... I'm running with that.

Plague421

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Portage
    I go to the gas station and buy a vitamin water, the one called "revive" its purple. I usually feel worlds better after that. I haven't been out drinking in a long time though.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I feel for ya. The Wild Turkey has gobled out my name several times, followed by me gobbling its name out on the front porch....You'd think I'd learn, but its just so damn delicious:dunno:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    self-inflicted pain and suffering.

I don't feel sorry for you one iota. Or tittle. Or bit. Not at all, actually.

Perhaps you'll wise up before you incur any (any more?) damage to your body.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I drank wine ONCE in my life. That was way more than enough for me. A friend and I were carried out of the bar, by friends at 9 pm. Yeah...Wine is not a good thing. Vodka is better.

On that note, I've only drank maybe 5 times since I had Callie. I miss it sometimes! lol

speeddemon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    i always take a few aspirin, and drink a glass or two of water before bed if ive drank alot... depending on how much ive drank its pretty effective

Top Bottom