• Status
    Not open for further replies.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    More people with positive wuhu results that weren't even tested, such as this one...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/medi...d-19-results-but-never-got-tested/ar-BB16Wkwg
    The reasoning they use in the article for the false positives is insane. I have zero faith in the numbers.

On a side note, Alex Berenson has released part 3 in his series, Unreported Truths About Covid-19 and Lockdowns. This installment is regarding masks. He used to be a writer for the New York Times and has an interesting take on things. It is an easy read, about 45 minutes, and was worth the $3.00 to me.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    09o55ap.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The reasoning they use in the article for the false positives is insane. I have zero faith in the numbers.

On a side note, Alex Berenson has released part 3 in his series, Unreported Truths About Covid-19 and Lockdowns. This installment is regarding masks. He used to be a writer for the New York Times and has an interesting take on things. It is an easy read, about 45 minutes, and was worth the $3.00 to me.
    Oh, no. I think they are that stupid. How many time have you gotten the wrong order in a drive through because someone jumped out of the line? It’s happened to me more than once.

But that would only be a possible reason with covid testing if they had someone taking names in the line and then someone leaving the line after their name was taken.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Oh, no. I think they are that stupid. How many time have you gotten the wrong order in a drive through because someone jumped out of the line? It’s happened to me more than once.

But that would only be a possible reason with covid testing if they had someone taking names in the line and then someone leaving the line after their name was taken.
    I got a free sundae at DQ yesterday, and with the pandeminc, they let me keep it.

How about verifying your name before they swab your brain? And initial the sealed container containing the specimen. There are more controls and reliability for a pee test.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States

Using numbers in a line for lab samples is not remotely acceptable protocol and shouldn't be happening in the US at all. It's possible someone had to pull in an untrained staff who didn't consider the possibility of the obvious screwup.

The Indiana sites I've seen so far are using what you would expect : you verify at the door either your registration number (when you registered for the test online) or show your ID. There is an individual dedicated to double-checking that they gave you the right label that matches your name, birthdate, and ID then you hand that label to the person actually taking the sample.

When you are talking about millions of tests in a day in the US, for a new disease with multiple test types and labs and no pre-planned system , there are going to be a small number of lab errors.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    That would really suck.

My son had very minor symptoms, like a weak cold for two days. He is not going to get tested though. He figures there is more risk in getting tested than it is worth for unreliable results.

I agree there's no benefit medically to him getting tested, if he doesn't need to know for purposes of anyone else he has been in contact with.

His employment situation is worth considering though. For small businesses, there is a tax credit that allows an employer to provide up to 2 weeks emergency sick leave for Covid illnesses and quarantines, separate from regular paid sick leave. I don't know how it works if you already have regular sick leave. I had a nearly-new employee that has Covid who I normally would not provide sick leave for and I'm using the tax credits to get her full pay during her isolation. She sent me a copy of the doctor's note with the Covid results.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Yeah I like that idea and I'm not sure but I think in Indiana our problem is that the governor has the power to call the legislator in the in the session I don't know if they can call themselves into section
    Abdul was discussing this on the radio a few weeks ago. He pointed out that most of our legislators have full time jobs and it's not easy to keep calling them back in.

In any case, I don't think most legislators want to have a role in this. It's a no-win situation politically.

I would like to see the law say that they have to renew his powers periodically, even if it's by some kind of remote vote. We could have a pandemic or natural disaster that makes it nearly impossible to get them all together, so I guess you have to account for "if they can be reached for communication" sort of thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I got a free sundae at DQ yesterday, and with the pandeminc, they let me keep it.

How about verifying your name before they swab your brain? And initial the sealed container containing the specimen. There are more controls and reliability for a pee test.

If they really cared a lot about matching the specimens with the right name, there are some ways to do that. The person doing the swabs should definable verify the name at a minimum. This isn’t a DQ drive through, and there is more at stake than them giving away a free Sunday.

Ooh. Sunday. Maybe the wife and I will stop off at Graeter’s this evening. I think they still have pumpkin spice.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    If they really cared a lot about matching the specimens with the right name, there are some ways to do that. The person doing the swabs should definable verify the name at a minimum.
    Yes, you just reminded me. In addition to checking your name etc at the door, the person who does the swabbing also looks at the label and asks you to repeat your name and DOB.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Abdul was discussing this on the radio a few weeks ago. He pointed out that most of our legislators have full time jobs and it's not easy to keep calling them back in.

In any case, I don't think most legislators want to have a role in this. It's a no-win situation politically.

I would like to see the law say that they have to renew his powers periodically, even if it's by some kind of remote vote. We could have a pandemic or natural disaster that makes it nearly impossible to get them all together, so I guess you have to account for "if they can be reached for communication" sort of thing.
    I’m kinda of a different mind. I think emergencies, by definition, are not long term. The thing causing the emergency may become long term, in which case responsibility for making laws should be with legislators and not just to keep doling out emergency powers. So the the governor would have the authority to make executive orders to deal with an emergency, which would automatically expire after some period after having declared a state of emergency. 30/45/60 days. Whatever. Thereafter it would be up to the legislature to write laws to deal with the thing for a longer term. And maybe that means granting some limited authority to the governor to react as needed. But authority that would allow the governor to act like a king and just make any old decrees just wouldn’t work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom