Not open for further replies.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I always interpreted it the way I presented it. I really didn't get any sort of reference to financial status out of it. I saw it as saying that the fewer worries one had about losing the valued things in life through ones own actions (because they were already lost), the freer the constraints on those actions became and at the limit, where one has lost everything one valued there were no longer much in the way of limits on what you might or could do (except those imposed by faith, if any)

Freedom has a dark side, the lack of any remaining social or personal connections to the world can free you to bomb a federal building just as easily as it can free you to do something positive. Liberty and freedom are related, but not synonyms

I see your point but you might have trouble selling that to anybody in prison or most north koreans.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Anyone who has had a cold or any other form of covid, will be immune to covid19. That means 30% at the start are immune. per Former Pfizer Vice President Dr Mike Yeadon. He said the tests pick up RNA, which are dead fragments of the old virus of those who may have been infected weeks or even months ago. The tests are not able to tell if the fragment is a dead or living virus. Thus making the positives not actually from one who has the virus but one who may have had one of the covid viruses or covid itself but it's dead now. Dr. Yeadon doesn't understand why we are even using these tests when they can't distinguish living from dead. They only use those tests for forensic purposes not for this purpose. He says this test is "demonstrably unsuitable" for detecting who actually is positive. He feels the pandemic is over and has been since June. What we are seeing now is those who were not infected with anything, cold, flu, or covid getting the virus but they are the remnants of the populous. He said once the covid is gone, it will not return due to Tcell immunity. The immunity might last a lifetime. He says we should stop mass testing immediately, it will produce too many false positives and do more harm than good.

****************************************************************************************
    https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/...president-dr-mike-yeadon_JRQuapFTFsz7kvO.html

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Don't waste your time. He will twist it up no matter what.
    Cuomo knew exactly what he was doing in his search for Fed money's.

Murder.....that is a stretch.
    Wrong.....oh hell yes it was wrong.

I view it as perfectly acceptable - and far more evidence-based - rhetoric as long as the left keep pushing the "Trump has 200K deaths on his hands" narrative/nonsense.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Uhm.....let me re-read that please.

Edit.....the forced to stay part. Oh but they are in many ways.

Okay. It wasn't meant to be a post about how nursing homes so much as it was murder is too strong but it was definitely wrong at some level and a wondering what charges could be brought

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    A kid in my son's kindergarten class tested positive in the first week of Nov. The whole class was considered close contacts and sent home and told to quarantine. Yesterday (11/22), I got a text from the state health department as part of the contract tracing procedure. It asked me if my son would be willing and able to self-isolate until 11/20. :rolleyes:

I don't place much faith in the state contact tracing program if they aren't even following up with close contacts until two days after the supposed quarantine ends.

My son never showed any symptoms, nor did we make the effort to have him tested.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Murder? No.

Murder: The unlawful and intentional killing of a person by another person.

Was it unlawful? No. Was it one person intentionally killing another? Probably not.

My understanding of what happened is this: Cuomo (and other governors who did the same thing) decided that they could help free up beds at hospitals by allowing covid patients to stay at Nursing homes. So he signed signed an executive order saying that Nursing homes could not discharge patients or refuse to accept patients because of their covid status.

The result was disastrous, of course. Was it murder? No evidence that he intended to kill people. It was an irresponsible action by a governor which resulted in the loss of life. The ********** should bear the consequences of that. But of course he will not. The media has pretty much absolved him of any wrongdoing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A kid in my son's kindergarten class tested positive in the first week of Nov. The whole class was considered close contacts and sent home and told to quarantine. Yesterday (11/22), I got a text from the state health department as part of the contract tracing procedure. It asked me if my son would be willing and able to self-isolate until 11/20. :rolleyes:

I don't place much faith in the state contact tracing program if they aren't even following up with close contacts until two days after the supposed quarantine ends.

My son never showed any symptoms, nor did we make the effort to have him tested.

Was your answer to him "you're a moron."

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Was your answer to him "you're a moron."

Contact tracers can't keep up with the kind of caseload we have. That's one of the many arguments for those who have been suggesting we have measures to keep the caseload down to about 10 in 100K. Currently we have HUNDREDS per 100K active cases.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Contact tracers can't keep up with the kind of caseload we have. That's one of the many arguments for those who have been suggesting we have measures to keep the caseload down to about 10 in 100K. Currently we have HUNDREDS per 100K active cases.

Contact tracing is one of those measures - sounds like a catch 22.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Contact tracing sounds like something a pimp would to when there hoes are suspected of cheating the till

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Wow. Imagine what the no cash system will do for pimps. They can even pay their taxes in real time.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

Two days is pretty good. I was notified to quarantine on Oct 11 because of contact with a person I had on Sept 18th.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

That is about a bus load of stupid on their part. Maybe just stop testing and the case numbers will go down quickly reducing the workload. The sick will be the sick, this is not affected by or BS mitigation efforts...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I generally am against confronting politicians with their families that are eating.
    But, a certain side has politicians that told people to confront and get in their face.
    So...
    :dunno:

[video=youtube;xV_K7eXX7iw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV_K7eXX7iw[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom