• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I would say get involved in lining up true conservative Republicans (or as close as you can get) to run for office at all levels and work for them prior to and after the primaries

Lobby your representatives to turn away from Chamber o'Commerce Republicanism and embrace the working class people that Trump brought to our side along with their very real concerns for their country going forward. I've been involved in state and national politic for the last eleven years with just those goals in mind

If that is too much trouble, at the very least stop JK-ing in so many threads
    I disagree with a lot of the Covid stuff I see, and I respond. I haven’t been insulting about it, and I explain my beliefs as well as I can. Why do you have a problem with disagreement?

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    So, do you just sit back and say 'There is no proof of anything' and when you 'act accordingly' you don't act at all?

Like everything else about this descent into madness, you have to decide what you believe - there likely will never be any proof, they have had too long to cover up

Circumstantial evidence is becoming overwhelming and waiting for proof just seems an excuse for avoiding hard choices and doing nothing
    I disagree with a lot of the Covid stuff I see, and I respond. I haven’t been insulting about it, and I explain my beliefs as well as I can. Why do you have a problem with disagreement?
    People get on here to spout off about their Beliefs. Almost nobody cares about disagreement as it's how most smart people with open minds are able to learn, admit mistakes, learn more and move forward more intelligently in life.

I think the Bug is asking and prefers decisive responses to debate, and not seeing someone second guess their third guess. Or be Switzerland during a War.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    iu

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    People get on here to spout off about their Beliefs. Almost nobody cares about disagreement as it's how most smart people with open minds are able to learn, admit mistakes, learn more and move forward more intelligently in life.

I think the Bug is asking and prefers decisive responses to debate, and not seeing someone second guess their third guess. Or be Switzerland during a War.
    So it’s just about picking a side? If I were to say my side is that Covid is potentially very dangerous, and we don’t know for sure how it started, but the vaccines seem to prevent serious illness and death even though we shouldn’t force people to get them, you’d have no issue with me posting articles and theories about why I think that?

And you may not believe it, but I am trying to understand what you’re saying. Right now it seems to me like people just don’t like their beliefs being questioned. If that’s not it, then I want to know.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Right now we have three COVID vaccines and the government is paying :poop:-loads of money for them. Those manufacturers are making :poop:-loads of money off them. However the vaccines are not the most effective compared to the most successful vaccines for other diseases.

Originally there were many manufacturers trying to make vaccines but now we don't hear of them anymore. What about the Novavax and Valneva vaccines? They are not mRNA vaccines so they don't get much press but they should have fewer side effects that are less severe and possibly better efficacy by stimulating immunity against more virus parts instead of just targeting one part of one of the spike proteins like the mRNA vaccines.

What would happen if a very good "traditional", non-mRNA vaccine was developed - would Pfizer, Moderna, the government and the media squash them like an ugly bug?-

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    So it’s just about picking a side? If I were to say my side is that Covid is potentially very dangerous, and we don’t know for sure how it started, but the vaccines seem to prevent serious illness and death even though we shouldn’t force people to get them, you’d have no issue with me posting articles and theories about why I think that?

And you may not believe it, but I am trying to understand what you’re saying. Right now it seems to me like people just don’t like their beliefs being questioned. If that’s not it, then I want to know.
    Stating a belief is good and you should post whatever you believe in. As I stated, most all don't care about difference in opinions, but I do see disdain in the board for strawman arguments, or playing both sides against the middle.

It's a 2nd amendment board of probably mostly moderate to conservatives and I don't believe that people lose sleep over someone disagreeing with them, their beliefs questioned. If there's too much of an argument, or things get out of hand, the mods address it. It's a great system for free flowing realistic info, disagreement or not. This board is a great continuous exercise of freedom of speech in a current highly censored world.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, do you just sit back and say 'There is no proof of anything' and when you 'act accordingly' you don't act at all?

Like everything else about this descent into madness, you have to decide what you believe - there likely will never be any proof, they have had too long to cover up

Circumstantial evidence is becoming overwhelming and waiting for proof just seems an excuse for avoiding hard choices and doing nothing
    Act? To do what?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right now we have three COVID vaccines and the government is paying :poop:-loads of money for them. Those manufacturers are making :poop:-loads of money off them. However the vaccines are not the most effective compared to the most successful vaccines for other diseases.

Originally there were many manufacturers trying to make vaccines but now we don't hear of them anymore. What about the Novavax and Valneva vaccines? They are not mRNA vaccines so they don't get much press but they should have fewer side effects that are less severe and possibly better efficacy by stimulating immunity against more virus parts instead of just targeting one part of one of the spike proteins like the mRNA vaccines.

What would happen if a very good "traditional", non-mRNA vaccine was developed - would Pfizer, Moderna, the government and the media squash them like an ugly bug?-
    Yes.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't have a problem with disagreement, but I will call it out when everywhere on every subject it seems to be propping up the idea that we should lay back and take it that nothing can be done or there is no proof

Did you get proof of who killed Kennedy? Do you believe Oswald worked alone and pulled that off, or did you have to come to some other conclusion without 'proof'

What 'proof' have you seen that 80 year old black women who don't drive exist in such high numbers that we should distort our entire election system to accommodate them

What 'proof' have you been shown that Higgs
    bosons interacting with the Higgs field in some indeterminate way endows most bosons and leptons with mass

Some things just need to be based on a preponderance of evidence because no 'proof' may ever be discovered - especially where opposing parties are actively trying to destroy any proof and have been for years

Why do you have a problem with pushback

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't have a problem with disagreement, but I will call it out when everywhere on every subject it seems to be propping up the idea that we should lay back and take it that nothing can be done or there is no proof

Did you get proof of who killed Kennedy? Do you believe Oswald worked alone and pulled that off, or did you have to come to some other conclusion without 'proof'

What 'proof' have you seen that 80 year old black women who don't drive exist in such high numbers that we should distort our entire election system to accommodate them

bosons interacting with the Higgs field in some indeterminate way endows most bosons and leptons with mass

Some things just need to be based on a preponderance of evidence because no 'proof' may ever be discovered - especially where opposing parties are actively trying to destroy any proof and have been for years

Just to back up a bit, Mike tagged me in a post about the lab leak theory and told me it was “proven.” I disagree that specific theory is proven, and unexplained in detail why. If you think that any specific theory is proven, then fire up your laptop and write all the letters you want. What do my posts have to do with your efforts to do whatever it is you’re doing? I assure you I’m not influential enough here to keep anyone from joining you. I share my opinions and respond to posts like anyone else.

As far as push back, it was you who took issue with my posts and told me not to post.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Well put…

There is so much we all believe that is largely uncontroversial to most of us but apply similar standards to the election, wuwho flu, Trump, and beyond an UNREASONABLE doubt is required…

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just to back up a bit, Mike tagged me in a post about the lab leak theory and told me it was “proven.” I disagree that specific theory is proven, and unexplained in detail why. If you think that any specific theory is proven, then fire up your laptop and write all the letters you want. What do my posts have to do with your efforts to do whatever it is you’re doing? I assure you I’m not influential enough here to keep anyone from joining you. I share my opinions and respond to posts like anyone else.

As far as push back, it was you who took issue with my posts and told me not to post.
    You asked me what to do and I told you

I take issue with your posts because it is my opinion that you are biased against doing anything about anything, which is what I think is the end result of waiting for absolute proof - thus I included a minimum effort option

I have the uneasy feeling that as they are loading you into the boxcar you will be proclaiming that there is no proof that they are taking you to a concentration camp

There is a difference between caution and catatonia

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I heard a theory that said - In Heaven There Is No Beer, but I have never seen any proof one way or the other. Now my opinion on this is just as worthless as anybody else's and I am getting too old to just sit around and wait for proof. I'm thinking of starting some protests, that seems to be the thing to do when one doesn't have a clue.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    You asked me what to do and I told you

I take issue with your posts because it is my opinion that you are biased against doing anything about anything, which is what I think is the end result of waiting for absolute proof - thus I included a minimum effort option

I have the uneasy feeling that as they are loading you into the boxcar you will be proclaiming that there is no proof that they are taking you to a concentration camp

There is a difference between caution and catatonia
    I meant about “stop JK’ing threads.” I’m biased against doing something meaningless for the sake of “doing something.” Write a letter, get a canned response, repeat. If you feel better doing that, I’m not trying to stop you. Or maybe I’m simplifying your overall plan. And maybe that’s just a defeatist outlook on my end, but I see the outcome as the same. Either way, I’ll leave it there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom