• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Not sure how many fellow Bears fans we have on INGO but this was great news to read when i got off of work.. About damn time :rockwoot:

The Chicago Bears have signed running back Matt Forte to a four-year contract which a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter is worth roughly $32 million.
    The Bears had placed their franchise tag on Forte in March and the sides had until 4 p.m. ET on Monday to reach an agreement. Without a long-term deal, the Pro Bowl running back would have had to play the 2012 season under the $7.749 million tender or sit out the season.

"We're very pleased that we were able to come to terms on a four-year extension with Matt," general manager Phil Emery said in a statement. "We're excited to get him on the field and continue working towards our goal of winning a championship."
    Forte sprained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee early in a Dec. 4 loss to Kansas City and sat out the rest of the season.
    Without Forte and quarterback Jay Cutler, the Bears struggled down the stretch and finished third in the NFC North, missing the playoffs with an 8-8 record.
    Forte still got selected to his first Pro Bowl, finishing with 1,487 yards from scrimmage and 997 rushing in his fourth season. He averaged 4.9 yards per carry. Forte was the first Chicago running back to make it to the Pro Bowl since Neal Anderson following the 1991 season.
    "I'm proud to be a Chicago Bear and excited to be here for another four years," Forte said in the statement. "I'd like to thank my family, my agent and the Chicago Bears. I've been working hard this offseason and am looking forward to joining my teammates at training camp next week. I'm glad the business part is done and we can all turn our attention to football and our goal of winning a championship."
    Forte went into last season looking for an extension, but did not reach an agreement with the Bears.

Chicago Bears sign Matt Forte 4-year, $32M contract, source says - ESPN Chicago

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Makes sense for the Bears. Smart to give him no more than 4 yrs. Signing a rb in todays NFL to any longer is dumb. These days most are done by 30 and you can find more fairly easily. The rules are setup for qbs and wrs, not rbs.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I am a huge Bears fan, and was so happy to see Forte signed. The Bears have a great QB, they have the 2nd best QB in the NFC North. In Jaws top 30 QB countdown he had Cutler ranked #8 in the NFL. I think that is about right, and he knows more about QB's than anyone on INGO.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    Who you gonna get that is available and even half the qb as Cutler. He is fine, easily top 15-20 qb right now, maybe top 10. Id have to look at the starters.

Not to mention he is tough as nails, any qb that has been sacked as many times as he has and still goes out there and plays gets my respect. Best Qb the bears have had in a long long long very long time lol

Good to see some Bears fans on here! BEAR DOWN!!

dreamer56

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Next door in Illinois
    Yea, I really need the Bears to win some games this year...so good for Forte...gotta have some backs get some yards and take the pressure off the QB ...but, still not convinced they have the personnel to get the job done. We will see.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I am a huge Bears fan, and was so happy to see Forte signed. The Bears have a great QB, they have the 2nd best QB in the NFC North. In Jaws top 30 QB countdown he had Cutler ranked #8 in the NFL. I think that is about right, and he knows more about QB's than anyone on INGO.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont know if I would go that far, Id take Stafford over Cutler anyday. Both have had some injury issues, but Stafford is 5yrs younger and imo better right now as well.

bmgreen13

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Parts Unknown
    Not a Bears fan, but they had to get a deal done. Even if you can find a rb or two in every draft, its good to see they FINALLY rewarded his hard work and good year. But GO COWBOYS!!!

Myles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Not to mention he is tough as nails, any qb that has been sacked as many times as he has and still goes out there and plays gets my respect. Best Qb the bears have had in a long long long very long time lol

Good to see some Bears fans on here! BEAR DOWN!!

I believe the "tough as nails" comment can be argued by some.
    I think he is a top 15 QB who can take the Bears places. As long as the defense and running game do well, he'll be fine. He's inconsistant throughout the year, but is good in many more games than he is bad in.
    Hopefully they put in some short yardage dump-off options for him if the O-line is not improved. He takes way too many sacks.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom