• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Dont know if I would go that far, Id take Stafford over Cutler anyday. Both have had some injury issues, but Stafford is 5yrs younger and imo better right now as well.

I wouldnt take Stafford over Cutler, sure Stafford had a good year but he was throwing to Calvin Johnson, the best WR in the NFL. Stafford literally just threw the ball up and Megatron would catch it. There was so many games where Megatron was triple covered and he still caught the TD. Cutler was throwing to smurfs in Chicago, and none of his WR's compare to anything that Stafford was throwing to.

When you have Calvin Johnson literally being triple covered that opens up so much for the other WRs, which helped Stafford throw to open WRs.

Stafford has played 1 game without Calvin Johnson, and he went 14-33 for 168 yards and 0 TDs with 1 pick. He also played a game where Calvin got injured and only had 2 catches and Stafford threw 5 interceptions that game and only 200 yards. Stafford is a good QB, but if Cutler could throw jump balls all game he would have the same stats.

Plus Stafford's injuries are way worse than Cutler, Cutler has missed 7 games in 6 seasons, Stafford has missed 19 in 3 seasons. So to say "Both have had some injury issues" is kind of an understatement when talking about Glassford.

Plus did you see Stafford at the ESPY awards? If not I will let Hunter Hillenmeyer's tweet describe what he looked like.

Hunter Hillenmeyer ‏@hthill Lions are doomed. Matthew Stafford ate Calvin Johnson!

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    I believe the "tough as nails" comment can be argued by some.
    I think he is a top 15 QB who can take the Bears places. As long as the defense and running game do well, he'll be fine. He's inconsistant throughout the year, but is good in many more games than he is bad in.
    Hopefully they put in some short yardage dump-off options for him if the O-line is not improved. He takes way too many sacks.

The only people who would argue over Cutler's toughness are people who don't watch Bears games. He has been sacked more times than any other QB in the league the last 3 years. He broke he thumb tackling someone. Other QBs would just sit back and watch the defender run past him. Don't believe me watch the Bears defense against the Lions on youtube, you see Charles Tillman run right past Stafford, who just stands there with his hands in the air and doesn't even try to slow him down on his way into the endzone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK2IcJ0tH30[/ame] Watch Cutler's first TD as a Bear for more proof.

He does take way too many sacks, but he is also behind the worst o-line in the NFL, and had the worst WRs in the league who don't know how to beat a jam. This year will answer alot of questions now that he now has some strong WRs

I admit though, I am a Bears homer.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wouldnt take Stafford over Cutler, sure Stafford had a good year but he was throwing to Calvin Johnson, the best WR in the NFL. Stafford literally just threw the ball up and Megatron would catch it. There was so many games where Megatron was triple covered and he still caught the TD. Cutler was throwing to smurfs in Chicago, and none of his WR's compare to anything that Stafford was throwing to.

When you have Calvin Johnson literally being triple covered that opens up so much for the other WRs, which helped Stafford throw to open WRs.

Stafford has played 1 game without Calvin Johnson, and he went 14-33 for 168 yards and 0 TDs with 1 pick. He also played a game where Calvin got injured and only had 2 catches and Stafford threw 5 interceptions that game and only 200 yards. Stafford is a good QB, but if Cutler could throw jump balls all game he would have the same stats.

Plus Stafford's injuries are way worse than Cutler, Cutler has missed 7 games in 6 seasons, Stafford has missed 19 in 3 seasons. So to say "Both have had some injury issues" is kind of an understatement when talking about Glassford.

Plus did you see Stafford at the ESPY awards? If not I will let Hunter Hillenmeyer's tweet describe what he looked like.

Hunter Hillenmeyer ‏@hthill Lions are doomed. Matthew Stafford ate Calvin Johnson!

Even if you take out every single yard that Stafford got from a Johnson catch (1600) he still had 3500 passing yds. Which is over 1000 yds more than Cutler had last year. Not to mention Stafford is about 5 yrs younger.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Even if you take out every single yard that Stafford got from a Johnson catch (1600) he still had 3500 passing yds. Which is over 1000 yds more than Cutler had last year. Not to mention Stafford is about 5 yrs younger.
    You do realize that Cutler missed 6 games last year right? In 6 games to get 1000 yards you only have to pass for 166 yards a game. And like I said, Calvin Johnson is sometimes triple covered. That means there is a WR running around with no one on him, of course he can hit an open WR.

Stafford had more pass attempts than everyone in the NFL. He threw more times than Drew Brees and Tom Brady, even though Brady and Brees broke Dan Marino's yardage record. He actually had 50 more passes than Brady, it takes Cutler 2 games to throw 50 pass attempts. With that many attempts he should of shattered Marinos record, but he would of needed to play another game to catch up with Brees.

And the only reason Glassford got the chance to go 1 and done in the playoffs is because Cutler got hurt. The Bears were the hottest team in the NFl at the time of Cutler's injury, they were putting up 30 points a game. If Cutler didnt get hurt then Glassford and the kitties don't even make the playoffs. They only had to go 3-3 to finish the year to beat of the kittens for the playoffs, and the was against weak AFC west teams that CUtler would of lit up.

You will see this year. Now that Megatron is apart of the Madden curse he will be missing some games, and we will see if Fatsford can do anything without him. That is if he can stay healthy himself, he has only done it once in his career. I don't wish injury on anyone, and I hope they stay healthy that way there is no excuses when they don't even win 8 games this year. Everyone knows how to beat them now, dont let Megatron beat you deep.

Top Bottom