• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have not problem going number two in a public restroom. (Or next to a tree, leaned up against a tire, at friends or family......) ;)

Ankle holster = no problem
    Pocket carry = no problem
    Sticky holster IWB = hammock carry
    Comp-Tac IWB Holster = Let it hang off the belt (depends on if people can see under the stall)
    Fobus Paddle Holster = hammock carry (used to put it on TP dispenser which is bad form)

I may just start using the coat hook. Haven't tried that one.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    When I saw it was a bathroom question, I thought it was going to be the old question of toilet paper over or under on the roll.

Me: over
    Wife: under
    13 years later the battle continues.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I have the exact same problem over here.

Why on earth would you use the "under" method? It just doesn't make sense.

This is one of the reasons that I insisted that the new apartment have 2 bathrooms.. that way I will not have to deal with the girlfriends apathy towards TP hanging style. :patriot:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    When I saw it was a bathroom question, I thought it was going to be the old question of toilet paper over or under on the roll.

Me: over
    Wife: under
    13 years later the battle continues.

Easiest solution:
    7BD0511B.jpg

One over, one under, four extra rolls down the middle.

Battle over. :D

Blessings,
    Bill

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    he he...this is a pretty :poop: subject to be discussing. :): If my S&W 26 fell in after I'm done...would it be transformed into a P226? :dunno: Would it become a Pee shooter?:): If it went off would the result be shot to :poop:? Or would it be a :poop:y shooter?:dunno:

These are all very interesting questions.

And no...I have not been drinking.:)

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    i had drop my on the bathroom floor once, then you get used to hold it at the same time you pull the pants down or just pull it out before you loose the belt, but i think is more often that will fall in the floor that inside of the toilet, you have to be side way in order to fall inside of the bowl.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I CCW a Glock 26 in the crossbreed supertuck. What I do is turn so that that my body is between the gun and the toilet. When I am finished I stand and turn that way again. I have never dropped it but if I had it would not have fallen into the bowl.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have no problems "going" in public... at times there is simply no choice! now having said that I always prefer my own throne.

I typically employ a modified hammock carry... if OWB I kind of fold the top of my waist band into the hammock, if IWB it wants to do this anyway, so it easy... also, my suggestion to those who are worried that the gun may slide or fall out of the holster... get a better holster with passive retention... I know a lot of guys love their leather, but I have found that Kydex is much better for retention then leather.... just my :twocents:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Not trying to be gross but anyone dropped their carry into toilet?

I was at a restaurant last night and had to answer natures call. That got me thinking you can drop my pistol if I'm not careful. I was thinking about getting a shoulder holster so keep from having to worry about that.

Anyone else think about this or am I weird on this also?

Hammock method...with barrel pointed OUT. Nuff said.

Ranger_Ranson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Funny, I thought I was the only one with this problem. I wear an IWB between 5:30 and 6. When I go **** I have to undo my belt (501 jeans) and my pistol always sags and tries to pull my belt out of the loops. Can be frustrating if I'm out and about all day in public.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    IWB? Maybe a different belt or a different holster might help. I don't have the belt and loops problem you describe, but when completing a "major transaction", have had issues with the pistol flipping upside down on the belt clips... That is, the clips stay where they're supposed to, but the grip of the pistol ends up closer to my knee than my shoulder, which points the pistol upward; not a problem in the holster, but somewhat unnerving. I've taken to holding the pistol steady in the holster when loosening my belt to take care of that particular type of business. With a "minor transaction", might try holding your belt at the 3 o'clock position. Just a thought.

Blessings,
    Bill

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    You can do like the State Trooper did at Lowes in Fort Wayne. When the call of nature beckoned, he went in the stall, placed his pistol on top of the TP dispenser, and then walked out and left his weapon in the can. Once he realized he was missing something, he went back, but by that time an employee found it and turned it in to management who called police. The last I heard he was facing a hearing but I never heard if he got any discipline. I imagine his buddies gave him more problems than hi superiors.
    And imagine what they would say/do to one of us if we did that?

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i carry iwb right above my right butt cheek, and when i first started carrying a couple months ago, when making a deposit at home, i dropped the trouses and the gun hit the toilet (luckily i was never any good at basketball) and the thought DEFINATELY crossed my mind as a big what if. i have sense taken the approach of holding onto it as i drop trou.

what bothers me about this whole topic is a bunch of men discussing the proper method of dropping their pants, lol.

Icemancometh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    SUNNY SIDE OF THE RIVER
    I recall a news story hear from a couple years ago where a local policeman laid his pistol on the back of a rstaurant toilet while he did his business and went off and left it there. Another patron turned it into the management.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    I was real close a couple weeks after I first started carrying. But I always wear a belt holster. So I simply started wearing my belt "backwards", so the buckle keeps the holster locked between belt loops.

Top Bottom