• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deputterman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    I recently acquired a near mint Molina on Gun Broker and it shoots like a dream. The only problem is it doesn't like hollow points. They nose dive if loaded in a full mag. If I load 4 HP's and 3 RN's they will feed properly in that position. Anyone know if there are any fine tuning you can do to be able to load a full mag.
    Thanks

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Sounds like a magazine issue, to me. Either get a new magazine (s) or GENTLY try spreading magazine lips. I had this probablem recently with a new compact 1911 I traded for. Started out working on the forward third of the lips until the nose of the cartridges began to elevate just a little. Suddenly, everything I loaded into the pistol began functioning, including a magazine full of empty cartridge cases. Haven't had a failure of any kind since, but it's incredibly easy to trash a magazine like this.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It was made when hollow points weren't even around yet. This is a common issue with older 1911 style handguns. It involves your feed ramp being a certain angle.

This is true....It's a classic and remember...Most people use hollow points to try to get their bullet to expand to the size that the .45 is when it leaves the barrel...Feed it what it asks of you...They are starting to get to be collectible...May I ask what agency stamp is on the slide????

Top Bottom