• Status
    Not open for further replies.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    And removing the flag I had in my HP carbine? I guess I can understand if you have a rule against using one, but again you should IMO ask the owner to remove it.
    there is NEVER an excuse to remove a flag... a flag is the ultimate clear and is required in all decent competitions... a flag is only removed to go hot... flags are required at real ranges,,,so the ro can scan the line,,,see every station is flagged,,,and call the range clear... a benched gun dont tell anything about clear...
    As far as my buddy's NEW 10/22 being practicly dropped back onto the bench scratching the stock, wouldn't it just be better for the RO to ask the OWNER to show him/her the firearm is unloaded? What would be the management's explaination AND response if somehow a REALLY REALLY expensive, or "precious" as you call it, firearm was dinged, scratched, or otherwise damaged by careless handling like my buddys 10/22 was? Or would the response be (taking from your tone) Damn.... sucks to be you!
    :+1:

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    This thread has turned annoying due to one individual. Mr annoying would be surprised of the knowledge and skills others have. I have found that he who blows his horn the loudest usually doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    It might have been me. If so I apologise.

I've never been to Atterbury to shot, but, I can already guess that it wasn't you Buzz... Your are too candid and forthright, and, willing to admit that you've made mistakes... I think you know which RO is full of himself and would handle someone's firearm because he felt like it... With that being said, I don't fault you for not calling out your friend/coworker in a public forum... You guys seem to being a good job overall down there, and, I may come down there just because of this thread... I disagree that a range should be ran like club med... That shooting jacket and those glasses go with that rifle, but, would probably clash with an M4...

Last edited:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    That shooting jacket and those glasses go with that rifle, but, would probably clash with an M4...

since Matthew Emmons won the gold medal in 50 meter rifle in athens in 2004,,,im sure he could shoot that little M4 better than anyone you ever saw... now ill wait for someone to be proud of the fact that they hate the olympics and gold medals,,,and that emmons didnt shoot nuthin in IRAQ,,,so he sucks... i dont get the celebration of ---good enough--- shooting... its like im hearing ---were all kinda ordinary shooters around here who dont make a fuss out of trying to hit the bullseye,,, and some of us might be a little unsafe so we need heavy range rules,,, and we dont like no fancy manners or customer service,,, and we all need to get our own attitudes adjusted once in a while,,, and we all need to learn to follow whatever rules life gives us,,, and we dont like complainers who think theyre better than a rule,,, and WE LIKE IT THAT WAY!!! sounds more like people youll meet in a military barracks or out in the country than downtown carmel... next time youre at atterbury,,,see how silly it is that you cant get your sweat rag or your bottled water off your bench while the range is cold --- thats the whole issue thats getting all you people worked up... youre only paying for live fire time,,,but you end up doing housekeeping during hot when your day would go so much better if you could do cold things when its cold and hot things when its hot... stick a flag in the M4,,,back away from the line,,,let the ro walk the line to see all weapons are flagged,,,call the line cold,,,and take a drink of water... if the ro catches you messing with the gun,,,youre gone... yall want to control people at the front end more than the democrats... trust people to show some responsibility

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    never tell any customer that they wont be missed...specially in a business that was built by taxpayers... its rude,,,and it cant be more wrong from a business point of view,,, the bare fact that i know that your business exists,,,that ive been to your business,,,and that i have a small complaint about your business,,,makes me a much easier lead to chase than a cold lead... you signed your name to a contract to run a service business,,,a business the went out a little while ago,,,you should really take a customer service seminar to see what it takes to get loyal customers... its all about service,,,service,,,service... then its about more service,,,service,,,service,,, Turning Complaints Into Loyalty always remember---More people will know about bad service from dissatisfied Customers than your good service from satisfied customers. Customer Service Facts ? No Fiction? Tekgirl's Tech Support Blog this aint the military...and why do gun owners so often get this rough,,,grufff service and tone in this hobby??? they couldnt get away with that kind of customer service anywhere else...like a golf club,,,and since atterbury went out already once,,,it dont look like theyre getting away with it there.. any military attitude will kill loyalty... you gotta act like your staff at a disney resort...doing everything you can to make my stay a pleasure... nobody ever says---oh crap---i gotta check into a disney resort for a few days... heres a good phrase or two for you to use in business when you cant do something a customer wants ---i understand sir,,,i can understand why doing x is important to you,,,but--- and generally ---i understand but---
    As stated in other threads I am not a spokesman for the Atterbury range. I am just a nobody who works there. When I am not working I am free to say what I want. When I want a lesson in customer service I think I will talk to someone who has a little more gray matter than you. If I worked at Disney and you showed up with your sorry attitude I would tell you the same thing.To put it as polite as I can you can stick your fancy rifle where the sun don't shine. Have a nice day

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    For the record I have only been to the new Atterbury once and Buzz did not touch any of the guns we had there. Had them on the table pointed down range with the chambers open. Saw they were all open and kept on walking, he (Buzz) was even nice enough to help us with a rifle that kept jaming... did not even have to ask just came up and offerd a few tips... can't speak for anyone else that works there though.

Rules are rules, don't like them then go some place else.

Last edited:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    When I want a lesson in customer service I think I will talk to someone who has a little more gray matter than you.
    youve got a really bad attitude,,,sounds like you got a serious power complex issue going on... im not sure we need people like you staffing a public facility i thought you were Philip,,,since you were speaking for the range,,,and you ARE speaking for the range...
    If I worked at Disney and you showed up with your sorry attitude I would tell you the same thing.
    and theyd boot you out on your butt as soon as i called the manager,,, your job in service is to SERVE ME,,,sounds like your not clear on that role and you dont like it... probably not the best attitude for a customer service job,,,and you ARE in a service job
    To put it as polite as I can you can stick your fancy rifle where the sun don't shine. Have a nice day
    you aint polite in the least,,,youre very rude,,,sounds like you dont want any sort of reduction in the power your bad rule gives you over people...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    It wasnt buzz guys. He has always been courteous when I have went. I was pretty sure I knew which one he was.

Tactical Dave, I understand rules are rules. thats why I follow them. show me in the rules where it says an RO can touch my guns? especialy when I make them safe and visible.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    As stated in other threads I am not a spokesman for the Atterbury range. I am just a nobody who works there. When I am not working I am free to say what I want. When I want a lesson in customer service I think I will talk to someone who has a little more gray matter than you. If I worked at Disney and you showed up with your sorry attitude I would tell you the same thing.To put it as polite as I can you can stick your fancy rifle where the sun don't shine. Have a nice day

:laugh:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Machete you are :horse:. The thread started out with the OP asking about the cost to shoot at Atterbury. He also asked if there where any other ranges near Greenwood. If you do not agree with the rules, or do like that range. Fine, that is your business. However, like a child, you do not know when to give it a rest. If Atterbury was such a horrible range with crazed range Nazi's. Well, I think they would not be as busy as they are? Trust me, if I did not like it there. I would gladly go to Ceraland or Crosley. Where you have no RO's to make sure no one finger ***** their firearms when I'm down range. Or, how about the idiots that just start walking down range, without making sure the line is cold. Yes, the last time I was at Ceraland, some jack wagon did, so I left. No thanks, I would rather go to Atterbury. Where I know it's safe, clean, and well maintained. Second of all, you are a hypocrite. You think just because someone does not know as much as you, or does not shoot in the same manner as you. They are just a bunch of morons.

As for your little customer service comment. Sorry to say bub, but you can not please everyone. If businesses catered to every single person. Guess what, they would no longer be in business. You want to ***** about the rules. Then go to Atterbuty and *****. See how far that gets you. I know for a fact, you will be asked to just go away. I have learned three things about you, from all your big headed BS posts.

1. You think you know everything.
    2. You are far better marksman then anyone on here.
    3. If others do not shoot competition, then they are silly armatures.

Does that about sum it up? Now, please find somewhere else to troll, before you head explodes.

vwoodrum11

Marksman
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Indy
    Well said.:yesway:
    Machete you are :horse:. The thread started out with the OP asking about the cost to shoot at Atterbury. He also asked if there where any other ranges near Greenwood. If you do not agree with the rules, or do like that range. Fine, that is your business. However, like a child, you do not know when to give it a rest. If Atterbury was such a horrible range with crazed range Nazi's. Well, I think they would not be as busy as they are? Trust me, if I did not like it there. I would gladly go to Ceraland or Crosley. Where you have no RO's to make sure no one finger ***** their firearms when I'm down range. Or, how about the idiots that just start walking down range, without making sure the line is cold. Yes, the last time I was at Ceraland, some jack wagon did, so I left. No thanks, I would rather go to Atterbury. Where I know it's safe, clean, and well maintained. Second of all, you are a hypocrite. You think just because someone does not know as much as you, or does not shoot in the same manner as you. They are just a bunch of morons.

As for your little customer service comment. Sorry to say bub, but you can not please everyone. If businesses catered to every single person. Guess what, they would no longer be in business. You want to ***** about the rules. Then go to Atterbuty and *****. See how far that gets you. I know for a fact, you will be asked to just go away. I have learned three things about you, from all your big headed BS posts.

Does that about sum it up? Now, please find somewhere else to troll, before you head explodes.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

Well done, Coastie! :yesway:

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    Machete you are The thread started out with the OP asking about the cost to shoot at Atterbury. He also asked if there where any other ranges near Greenwood. If you do not agree with the rules, or do like that range. Fine, that is your business. However, like a child, you do not know when to give it a rest.

as soon as you stop misrepresenting whats being talked about and agree to disagree ill let it go,,,until that happens,,,you just keep trying to come around and make some argument that holds water,,,aint happened yet

If Atterbury was such a horrible range with crazed range Nazi's. Well, I think they would not be as busy as they are?
    that aint the issue

Trust me, if I did not like it there. I would gladly go to Ceraland or Crosley. Where you have no RO's to make sure no one finger ***** their firearms when I'm down range.
    that aint the issue

Or, how about the idiots that just start walking down range, without making sure the line is cold.
    that aint the issue

Yes, the last time I was at Ceraland, some jack wagon did, so I left. No thanks, I would rather go to Atterbury.
    that aint the issue

Where I know it's safe, clean, and well maintained.
    it can be all that with the traditional rule,,,and thats what you keep misrepresenting,,,they call that a straw man...

Second of all, you are a hypocrite. You think just because someone does not know as much as you, or does not shoot in the same manner as you. They are just a bunch of morons.
    you think the same thing... you and your buddies got a real bad attitude about anyone with a different view,,,like you know so much more about range operation than anyone else,,,that you close your mind to anything else... what you really dont like is anyone in the world who thinks hes better than a rule you follow,,, you cant let that attitude be without some harsh words...

As for your little customer service comment. Sorry to say bub, but you can not please everyone. If businesses catered to every single person. Guess what, they would no longer be in business.
    if they had the traditional rule,,,buckaroo,,,you wouldnt know any different,,,and youd be just fine with it,,,and if someone came along pushing for the rule they currently have,,,youd be just as stubborn,,,saying the exact same things,,,just one the other side

You want to ***** about the rules. Then go to Atterbuty and *****.
    since when are you the boss of where and when i can complain???

See how far that gets you. I know for a fact, you will be asked to just go away. I have learned three things about you, from all your big headed BS posts.
    that is so funny,,,talking about really awesome shooters and gear and gun stuff that you aint never heard of and caused you to learn a thing or two about shooting is BS to you...

i aint learned a thing about shooting off you in this thread... you came in with all kinds of attitude asking me just what i knew about shooting that caused me to get off saying what i said,,,and when i told you,,,you got even more mad,,,because thats just more stuff i know that you dont...so you got deeper in a hole...

you STILL aint given a reason why whats so wrong with the traditional rule...

how are you gonna die if someone grabs a sweat rag or water bottle off his bench while his gun is flagged???

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    as soon as you stop misrepresenting whats being talked about and agree to disagree ill let it go,,,until that happens,,,you just keep trying to come around and make some argument that holds water,,,aint happened yet

that aint the issue

that aint the issue

that aint the issue

that aint the issue

it can be all that with the traditional rule,,,and thats what you keep misrepresenting,,,they call that a straw man...

you think the same thing... you and your buddies got a real bad attitude about anyone with a different view,,,like you know so much more about range operation than anyone else,,,that you close your mind to anything else... what you really dont like is anyone in the world who thinks hes better than a rule you follow,,, you cant let that attitude be without some harsh words...

if they had the traditional rule,,,buckaroo,,,you wouldnt know any different,,,and youd be just fine with it,,,and if someone came along pushing for the rule they currently have,,,youd be just as stubborn,,,saying the exact same things,,,just one the other side

since when are you the boss of where and when i can complain???

that is so funny,,,talking about really awesome shooters and gear and gun stuff that you aint never heard of and caused you to learn a thing or two about shooting is BS to you...

i aint learned a thing about shooting off you in this thread... you came in with all kinds of attitude asking me just what i knew about shooting that caused me to get off saying what i said,,,and when i told you,,,you got even more mad,,,because thats just more stuff i know that you dont...so you got deeper in a hole...

you STILL aint given a reason why whats so wrong with the traditional rule...

how are you gonna die if someone grabs a sweat rag or water bottle off his bench while his gun is flagged???

After careful review, "machete", I've got to admit that I've come around to your way of thinking. You are absolutely correct on all counts. You are a man amongst boys and stand head-and-shoulders above all of us. The only sane thing for the DNR to is fire Buzz, Frank, Eric, and all the other unqualified personnel at Atterbury and put you in charge. If we're really lucky, maybe you'll pose for pictures with us and sign autographs and maybe, if really really lucky, you'll have your hero Zins stop by for a guest appearance. Please accept my humble apology for having ever questioned your enlightened (and enlightening) positions.

Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    if really really lucky, you'll have your hero Zins stop by for a guest appearance.
    i know youre trying to make a joke,,,but zins did stop by indiana recently and won the indiana pistol championship... Atterbury would do far worse than to invite Zins out and give a demonstration and a seminar to get people into competition shooting... not too long ago,,,back up to the 70s,,,when people shot,,,it was usually with an eye to their score... trap and pistol lines used to be full,,,and people got frowned on for playing short range commando with a bullet hose... our grandads generation could far outshoot our generation...

i dont want to let this question slip away,,,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom