"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I understand that there is one that you need to tap on every time to ask a question. IMO that could be useful and a bit more secure.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I understand that there is one that you need to tap on every time to ask a question. IMO that could be useful and a bit more secure.

Siri used to be useful. Now she's just a *****.

I asked her to make me a sandwich.

She said, "I can't. I don't have any condiments."

I said, fine. Make me a sandwich without condiments.

She said, "I can't. I don't have any condiments."

*****. She just doesn't want to make me a sandwich.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's a bit creepy. But it's hard to complain about the outcome. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a government listening device. But I have no doubt that it does listen. And as long as people know what that means, they're free to use it however they want, or not at all.

I agree so long as they understand that there could easily be, well, unintended consequences.

The problem here is that this lasts only until the remotely installed upgrade changing this feature which they may or may not tell you about.

First, I agree that the outcome was a good thing in this instance, although there is much room for the opposite. For example, you are lecturing your children about the dangers and evil of drugs and the drug culture. Alexa decides there is a drug deal going down and drops a dime on you, and your next lecture to the kids from your hospital bed is why you should not have a self-activating dial-a-snitch in your house that summons a SWAT team.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Saw this over at '***** Pass Denied', it's from 2012, but I hadn't seen it before.

She's got 99 problems, but being a mom ain't one.

Mom who superglued girl's hands to wall sentenced to 99 years | Reuters

Video of the judge sentencing her is guaranteed satisfying.

That's a horrible crime. And I'm not saying that she doesn't deserve it. Anyone who would do that to a child is pretty ****ed up and does not belong in society.

However, it upsets me a little that she gets 99 years because everyone who loves their kids and then some, has that OMG moment when they realize how evil that is. But then so many people who actually kill people with more malice don't seem to illicit whatever it takes to have that moment of justice.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ****ing saudi arabia..........

Woman wearing a skirt and short sleeves!!!!!

120.gif

STONE HER!!!!

[video=youtube;1R56OSYu_24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R56OSYu_24[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

As well it should. I can see if someone's trying to run a "dog-sitting" business, a nanny state gonna nanny. But if it's like hey, Joe, you mind watching my Saint Barnard for a week? He ****s in buckets and drools in gallons, but other than that he's a big baby! I can see where that would torque people off. Years ago I had the privilege of dog-sitting a friend's 2 year old black lab. He tore up our house a little but other than that, it was a wonderful weekend. It was almost like renting a pet for a weekend where the cost was paid in slobber and dog hair all over our house and jeep.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    If you want to do something that could make you money then the government wants a piece as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom