• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Good infection story.

Cut my hand and had it sutured, Doc didn't give me antibiotics. Next day my hand was the size of a soft ball (not a 16"). Doc removed the sutures and it healed as an open wound, antibiotics worked.

Had a bad tooth with an abscess. You cannot remove an abscessed tooth because the infection will spread. The doc will try to numb it but the infection will not allow the novacain to work, when he probes you will will jerk from the pain. I had him give me a second shot and when he jabbed me this time I steeled myself for it. He went ahead and pulled it. Again no antibiotics.

This time the infection took over everything and I almost died.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Good infection story.

Cut my hand and had it sutured, Doc didn't give me antibiotics. Next day my hand was the size of a soft ball (not a 16"). Doc removed the sutures and it healed as an open wound, antibiotics worked.

Had a bad tooth with an abscess. You cannot remove an abscessed tooth because the infection will spread. The doc will try to numb it but the infection will not allow the novacain to work, when he probes you will will jerk from the pain. I had him give me a second shot and when he jabbed me this time I steeled myself for it. He went ahead and pulled it. Again no antibiotics.

This time the infection took over everything and I almost died.

Why would they not give you antibiotics?? :n00b:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Went to one of those walk-in clinics today, they said they didn't see any reason to do any anti-biotics, and it's healing fine, told me what to watch for. Did get a tetanus shot, since I wasn't sure the last time I had one.

Ah well, no werewolf'ing anytime soon

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Some docs don't like to give antibiotics because they are overused and they are trying to save the world from a superbug. Especially if you happen to have a history of non-compliance.
    That said, I think they should always give you antibiotics when you need them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Some docs don't like to give antibiotics because they are overused and they are trying to save the world from a superbug. Especially if you happen to have a history of non-compliance.
    That said, I think they should always give you antibiotics when you need them.

Yeah, I can understand the hesitancy in prescribing them for every little sniffle, but a serious cut, abscess or dog bite would seem to be appropriate situations to prescribe them.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I actually don't want to take them. I did not ask for then or indicate that I did not want them.

The cut was only 3/4" but kinda deep. Cut myself with a utility knife. Doc cleaned it out and it seemed fine.

On the tooth I lied and made it seem like it was not infected (not knowing what I was setting myself up for).

I don't blame the Doc in either case.

BUT, YES, Antibiotics are overused, and cause problems with your ability to fight disease yourself.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'm not a Christian, but isn't the symbolism supposed to be that they are the servants of those they wash?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm not a Christian, but isn't the symbolism supposed to be that they are the servants of those they wash?

Yes, but keep in mind that this example goes back to Christ. The idea is humbling oneself. Christ is the Creator and King, but willing to humble himself to serve.

It is not "I'm not worthy". Not by a long shot.

It is about servant leadership, not groveling.

Take Mr. Rogers, for example, if you know the back story from this picture, you will know that this was Mr. Rogers leading by being humble, not an "I'm not worthy" moment.

pool-e1550212231772.png

Now, what was in the minds of those people with the protesters, I don't know.

Last edited:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Yes, but keep in mind that this example goes back to Christ. The idea is humbling oneself. Christ is the Creator and King, but willing to humble himself to serve.

It is not "I'm not worthy". Not by a long shot.

It is about servant leadership, not groveling.

Take Mr. Rogers, for example, if you know the back story from this picture, you will know that this was Mr. Rogers leading by being humble, not an "I'm not worthy" moment.

pool-e1550212231772.png

Now, what was in the minds of those people with the protesters, I don't know.

NOT EVEN CLOSE...

Mr Rogers was cooling off WITH his friend, not humbling himself, and serving his friend... as if he was his friend's servant... as is the wish of the leftists...

It's 100% a "we're not worthy" thing for these idiots. It's what they want the white masses to think... so they'll feel guilty, and vote democrat.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From "White privilege" to extreme "White shame"

Whites gather to wash the feet of black protest organizers...

Yeah this idea of not dividing us is going real well...

Thanks obama you sick ****.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...ook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=benshapiro

It's misplaced. There's nothing wrong with an act of humility, but this is more than that. You can apologize only on behalf of your own actions. You can't apologize for what other people have done who happen to have the same skin color as you do.

Here's the House of Representatives version of that. Nancy Pelosi, as usual, looks utterly ridiculous.
    https://twitter.com/fredtjoseph/status/1270007848253169666?s=12

Yep. I thought cultural appropriation was wrong. I guess they're just making up the rules as they go.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's misplaced. There's nothing wrong with an act of humility, but this is more than that. You can apologize only on behalf of your own actions. You can't apologize for what other people have done who happen to have the same skin color as you do.

Here's the House of Representatives version of that. Nancy Pelosi, as usual, looks utterly ridiculous.
    https://twitter.com/fredtjoseph/status/1270007848253169666?s=12

Yep. I thought cultural appropriation was wrong. I guess they're just making up the rules as they go.

There’s pandering and then there’s pandering. And that is first class,grade A pandering, right there.

Top Bottom