• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Comrade, the process has already begun. At least figuratively.

I know, I am talking literally. I realize that libraries have the ability to quietly and discreetly audit their available selections for relevance.

I'm waiting for a group of *Ahem* protesters to literally purge a building (possibly located on the grounds at an institution focused on higher learning) to make a pile and set it alight.

With apologies if I've missed this development.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I know, I am talking literally. I realize that libraries have the ability to quietly and discreetly audit their available selections for relevance.

I'm waiting for a group of *Ahem* protesters to literally purge a building (possibly located on the grounds at an institution focused on higher learning) to make a pile and set it alight.

With apologies if I've missed this development.

I don't recall seeing that it has happened yet, but I share your concern that it is coming. Literally.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I prefer 100% real maple syrup anyhow right from friends that make it - not that 15% pretend stuff.

HA! 15%? That standard has been gone a long time. Artificially colored and flavored corn syrup.

INGREDIENTS: CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WATER, CELLULOSE GUM, CARAMEL COLOR, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SODIUM BENZOATE AND SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVES), SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE.

There is no comparison to real syrup. A guy I work with also makes his own on a small scale.

Believe it or not, some co-workers take it home and report back that their family doesn't like it BECAUSE it isn't the pretend cr@p.

:ugh:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    HA! 15%? That standard has been gone a long time. Artificially colored and flavored corn syrup.

INGREDIENTS: CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, WATER, CELLULOSE GUM, CARAMEL COLOR, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, SODIUM BENZOATE AND SORBIC ACID (PRESERVATIVES), SODIUM HEXAMETAPHOSPHATE.

There is no comparison to real syrup. A guy I work with also makes his own on a small scale.

Believe it or not, some co-workers take it home and report back that their family doesn't like it BECAUSE it isn't the pretend cr@p.

Having spent my youth splitting wood and stoking the wood-fired boiler in my Grandpa's sugar house at syrup time...I find the the whole thing offensive.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    When our kids were younger they preferred Mrs. Butterworth's to our home-made maple. Us adults were all for that. Let them get buzzed up on the fake stuff while we enjoy the real thing. But now they are all older and spoiled - where ever they are they want us to bring or ship them our real maple. It's cutting into our supply.

Our trees are either sugar or black maples - they are difficult to tell apart. I guess you know where this is going...

"Once you go black (maple), you never go back."

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    In an effort to appease the Italian-Americans Conagra is changing Chef Boyardee labeled products...

iogVjFf.jpg

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

I haven't used any commercial syrup for a long time - except for very occasional use at McDonald's. It used to be 15% maple syrup back when I did buy that stuff.

I remember a long time ago they used to make maple syrup by boiling down the sap in a horse trough at Ray Cash's store on the Indian reservation near Mille Lacs Lake. The Indians would **** in the trough once in a while and then I would see the Cash's label in the gourmet section at the Dayton's store in Minneapolis. I only buy mine from friends.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When our kids were younger they preferred Mrs. Butterworth's to our home-made maple. Us adults were all for that. Let them get buzzed up on the fake stuff while we enjoy the real thing. But now they are all older and spoiled - where ever they are they want us to bring or ship them our real maple. It's cutting into our supply.

Our trees are either sugar or black maples - they are difficult to tell apart. I guess you know where this is going...

"Once you go black (maple), you never go back."

It is easy to tell a black maple when cutting it with a chainsaw - that is some super dense wood.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I remember the first time my brother and I cooked off maple syrup. We had about 10 gallons of sap, so we though we did pretty well, until we cooked it and ended up with like a pint of syrup haha.

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    And Pepsi now pays a $5 million dollar self-imposed fine to foster good will in the Black Community.

What about all the women this also insulted? After all, being the, "epitome of female humiliation" seems like they should shovel some money at some women's organizations too.

If they get Aunt Jemima and Mrs. Butterworth they'll be after Uncle Ben next.

When do we start burning the racist books?

Just going to leave this here: https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/uncle-bens-rice-logo-changing-aunt-jemima-rebranding

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That's why it's AUNT Jemima... not SERVANT Jemima.

It's not about slavery...
    It's about some family recipe from someone's aunt...
    At least that's how I always took it.

You may want to take a look at the terms "aunt" and "uncle" in the slavery days.

Sure, terms of affection, but....

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I like the flavor of real maple syrup, but I do wish it could be thicker like the fake stuff. The real stuff is like pouring water on your pancakes (but it tastes good).

Top Bottom