• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    So I went to a gun shop and was talking to a worker about my budget and what I was going to use the gun for and he recommended LWRCI-DI or Barrett Rec7DI so im going to look over both and make a hopefully good choice, anyone own a gun from these manufacturers love to hear about it,

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @deo62 I was but when I asked about buying one the guy said it wasn't worth the money or quality, and this being my first gun I don't want to buy one and end up with a gun that isn't high quality and then I'm out a bunch of money,

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    @deo62 I was but when I asked about buying one the guy said it wasn't worth the money or quality, and this being my first gun I don't want to buy one and end up with a gun that isn't high quality and then I'm out a bunch of money,

I don't know if they're nice or not. But I also doubt if your expert does either. But he did you a favor. He has outed himself, and now you know his opinion is unreliable.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    From what I know those are great guns but they are boutique rifles and the salesman is trying to make money off of you. Personally I don't like piston guns because there seems to be no standard and every company does their own thing. Go with bcm or Daniel defense If you want a top notch rifle and spend the rest on ammo mags and optics.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    They're quality, but overpriced. Your LGS is trying to make some $ off of you :):

And screw LWRCI. They touted how great and superior their piston system was to DI.....until they realized they could capitalize on another segment of the market. Now all of a sudden they are all about making some DI rifles.....Screw LWRCI. I wouldn't spend my money on one.

In that budget range, go Colt, BCM, LMT, or DD if you're looking for a general use AR. They're money well spent. Tried and true. And pretty dang well any instructor that's worth anything will tell you the same thing about those four. They run.....period.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lotta AR's for sale in the classifieds. Prices should only get better for the foreseeable future. Good education tracing down parts, builds, etc.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    So I went to a gun shop and was talking to a worker about my budget and what I was going to use the gun for and he recommended LWRCI-DI or Barrett Rec7DI so im going to look over both and make a hopefully good choice, anyone own a gun from these manufacturers love to hear about it,

I have a rec7 but it's a piston one and not di. I do love the rifle even though it was a bit spendy. You will get all sorts of opinions that are all over the place on this topic.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Why can't there be just one company to build rifles, ugh I'll just win the mega millions and buy them all, the guy did also mention daniel defense, the money isn't such a big deal as long as I get a high quality gun,

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Colt (not the expanse), spikes, DD, FNH, BCM, KAC, LMT , even the PSA Premium stuff.

lots of good, reputable manufacturers out there. How much you looking to spend?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom