• ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    In the spring, there will probably be an INGO shoot at Proteq in Brazil. Great time to meet a bunch of INGOers and shoot a lot of really cool rifles.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That's what I want to do is go to a range, and shoot a few guns see what I like

No offense sir, but that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about using a seasoned instructor's/shooter's gun in a training environment that will show you how you will be using the rifle. Surrounded by a group of fellow students likely with varying skill levels, configurations of weaponry and advice (good or bad, as evidenced on the range.)

What I'm getting at is that you can't know what you don't know. Whether shooting offhand, kneeling, prone or on the move. Around barricades, through ports, strong side, weak side, from a rest. "Little things" can amount to hundreds of $ wasted on trial and error because most aren't exposed to how their rifle will be, can be, should be used.

Do you know;
    Will a mil-spec trigger work for you or will you need an upgrade as most of us do?
    How long your rail should be? Where will your "driving hand" go?
    What kind of muzzle device is best for your applications?
    What size/brand of charging handle?
    Where your red dot should be positioned in relation to your irons?
    Where your light/mount will go?
    What kind/brand of sling and mounting options are optimum for your usage?

Not to mention the whole list of "silly :poop:" that people put on their rifles just because, rail space left...

Last edited:

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @bwframe , I am getting training with a rifle from self preservation training, as for all the other stuff if I decide to go with bcm the upper comes with a charging handle and a muzzle device, a lower I have that done also, as for lights and slings I don't know yet cause I have yet to train using a light or sling so not to worried about that, and I'm using my instructors gun he has no light and a normal sling, but I will ask him about those things

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    @bwframe , I am getting training with a rifle from self preservation training, as for all the other stuff if I decide to go with bcm the upper comes with a charging handle and a muzzle device, a lower I have that done also, as for lights and slings I don't know yet cause I have yet to train using a light or sling so not to worried about that, and I'm using my instructors gun he has no light and a normal sling, but I will ask him about those things

Dont forget a Bolt Carrier Group. Not all uppers come with them and it's often overlooked (and a most important part!)

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    I know I'm bias, but these rifles have never let me know down through 3gun and multiple carbine courses. Upper, lower (with a great trigger already installed), and quality optics for $1,783 together. If you need to save a little money, you could get a Primary Arms Advanced micro for about half. But I prefer the larger objective lens of the MRO.

BCM BFH 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM KMR-*ALPHA* 13" Handguard

BCM Lower Receiver Group Stock

https://www.botach.com/trijicon-mro-w-american-defense-quick-release-mount/

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom