Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

Today included:

#1) Gun show at Allen County Fairgrounds - Bought a cartridge book;
    #2) Outdoor show at Allen County Coliseum - Saw a friend and picked up sales propaganda
    #3) Lunch at Hibachi Grill - With lots of Sushi

All in all, a good day.

And Yes, I used Soy sauce and Wasabi!!! :p:D

Regards,

Doug

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you laid a continuous line of dynamite roll in front of me... I would die... because I would try to eat all of it... and burst.

Go to Ichiban on 31 in Indianapolis south side and order their crazy roll...I would seriously punch my mother in the face for one right now.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The average American palate can't appreciate sushi for evolutionary reasons. Tallow and salt. Lots of people think its hip...or something. It makes us chefs lots of money. Hire an Asian with a good fish guy...boom. Lots of lawyers and Zinfandel sipping soccer moms fork over twenty bones a plate for a dish that doesn't even require a spot on the line.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That's like telling someone to go to Golden Corral for steak if you want them to find out how good a steak can be.

Depends.

The Marsh up by Trader's point makes some decent sushi. They definitely do some non-traditional stuff as well.

The Marsh in Lafayette makes decent sushi also. The Kroger in Monticello not so much. Kroger I'm pretty sure gets theirs in prepackaged, Marsh actually makes theirs on site. If you go in when the chef is working, he will make to order.

SOCOM242

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Does anyone like Sushi? I've never had it before. And I just heard of a restaurant in Brownsburg that serves it. I'm thinking of checking it out, just to try something new.

But I seriously don't think I'll like it.

I lived in Japan as an exchange student for almost a year. That being said:

- Unless the sushi is absolutely FRESH, do not eat it.
    - Stick to non-fish varieties of sushi at first (California Rolls, Cucumber Rolls, etc.).
    - Sushi that is not fresh will taste gummy and gross (see #1).
    - Tuna is probably the easiest fish-type sushi to handle when transitioning to raw fish. NOTE: it must be FRESH!
    - Grocery store sushi can be really good if you buy right after it was made.
    - Did I mention the sushi has to be fresh?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy

- Stick to non-fish varieties of sushi at first (California Rolls, Cucumber Rolls, etc.).
    - Tuna is probably the easiest fish-type sushi to handle when transitioning to raw fish. NOTE: it must be FRESH!

Is it important for the fish to be fresh? :D

FirstTime

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Had some at a place called NoaNoa* (SP) in Warsaw a few years back. Really impressed me, not at all what I expected. I'd love to eat/devour more but my wife doesnt even eat cooked fish so that pretty much sums that up. NO SUSHI FOR ME!!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne

To Socom242,

If the tuna is fresh does it have "great taste?";)

Regards,

Doug

MaLfUnCtIoN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    I tried it a while ago , I was hesitant to do so . I already knew I liked Wasabi so I made sure I had a lot of it. It is actually quite bland so the added zest of the Wasabi made it quite enjoyable.

slowman87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    I tried Sushi at The Wynn in Las Vegas allthough I was hesitant. I just don't like sushi. I hear Yokohamas in Greenwood is the best in Central Indiana though!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sushi class in Fort Wayne

To All,

Where some see coincidence I see destiny.

Just going through my mail and I was looking at Lifelong Learning through the Ft. Wayne Community Schools.

In the Culinary Arts section there is a class on making your very own Sushi.

It is at Snider Highschool, Wednesday, March 6th from 6P - 8P. The fee is $33 for the class + $8 for food. The course is #SU3SN1.

It says "Join us and discover how fun and easy it is to make your own sushi - all without using any raw fish. In this class you will create two (2) sushi rolls, each roll approximately six (6) pieces. Your sushi can be all vegetable or can include cooked meat and/or cooked fish."

Register at: k12.in.us/ce/ce.php

Regards,

Doug

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Chubby Trout in Elkhart IN. Sushi, and a good selection of micro brews.

Never thought I would like it (sushi) either.

Top Bottom