• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Love it! Typically the best sushi is the more expensive stuff.

Stay away from things with eyes and tenticles. While they do actually taste good, the tecture can get to you.

I really like salmon and tuna the best, but just about all of it is good. Just be careful on teh Wasabi...a little dab will do ya!

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    The Great Wall Restaurant/Buffet on Coldwater in Fort Wayne has great sushi. Comes standard with the buffet and is made per order so it is not laying out. Always have to have 2-3 orders everytime my gf and I go there and that's at least 1 time a week.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have had sushi in Chicago, Indy, Minneapolis, and Barcelona and the best (and cheapest) place is still Asakusa in Fort Wayne.

Asakusa is pretty good been there a few times. There is a place in Mishawaka, Toyo Grill while their service completely sucks the sushi is good.

If you are ever in Westlake the western suburb of Cleveland check out Vieng's Asian Bistro :: Home. The best sushi I have had yet!

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I love sushi but my ex wife hates anything that resembles sea food and my wife is deathly allergic to it to the point she cannot go in to a restaurant that sells it. Needless to say I don't get to eat it much. Our mud room (entry way from the garage) turns into what can only be described as a decontamination room when I come home from eating sea food.
    air_only.jpg

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I love me some sushi, the only problem with it is it's relatively expensive(for good sushi) and you are hungry an hour later...I guess that goes for most Asian(/oriental) food though.

I have yet to have a sushi roll I haven't liked. Hell, our local grocery store renovated and they now have fresh sushi that is pretty cheap and it's delicious. Since it's by far the closest place to get it around here, I go there a couple times a week.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I like mackerel like Kirk likes eel.

My latest recommendation is Narita in Plainfield. Get a premium Sake flight and whopping plate of mackerel sashimi. Maybe a furry eel roll...

ADT knights

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Hendricks County
    Sushi on the Rocks was really good. It in downtown Indy. Make sure you carry when going here though. Next door is Club 6 where someone got shot and killed earlier in the year.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I'm a big fan, although I haven't ventured much into the real exotic offerings. To my limited palate, Wasabi and Wild Orchid up in the north 'burbs both do a nice job; I used to like Sakura, but lately I think they've gone downhill a bit. Ichiban on Bash was a nice, inexpensive place, but they may have moved. I haven't tried the really high dollar places like H2O, Oceanaire, or others in Indianapolis that people have spoken about.

Ichiban is still there, just not open on sunday anymore. That is my wife and my favorite place to go.

Top Bottom