• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How safe is Coinbase? To verify my ID I need to upload my drivers license to use PayPal? Is this what everyone else is doing? I’m new to all this and don’t want to spend the rest of my life fixing an identity theft.
    That sounds odd. I didn't have to do anything like that...

I didn't either, but that was a while ago. With the volume coming in, and the FEDS harping on the KYC rules, they may have changed. Coinbase is relative safe, as long as you go with 2-Factor Verification. The site itself has never been hacked, but that doesn't mean that YOU can't be hacked (via your computer) and have someone access your acct.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ... Litecoin over $300.... where's the top on this?

lwujmnhuzg301.png

steve0322

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2015
    Mooresville
    I bought $100 worth of litecoin when it was at $200. I wish i could put in more, but student loans/school related debt and normal life costs only allow me to do so much...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Someone doesn't want to get sued.

ilagkmabid301.jpg

Why would he get sued? Charlie Lee created Litecoin but has no direction to where the price goes. Litecoin is a fork of Bitcoin, designed to have faster transactions, lower costs, and greater supply.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Why would he get sued? Charlie Lee created Litecoin but has no direction to where the price goes. Litecoin is a fork of Bitcoin, designed to have faster transactions, lower costs, and greater supply.

Theory being he was on TV yesterday telling people to buy. Seems like a tweet to play it safe in case everything crashes.

... At $408 now.

Edit: AAAAND CRASH. Hit 410 and dropped to 360.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So I'm on coinbase, it's annoying that their price is $370 right now for a litecoin but other sites show it at $320. Is there a delay in one of the two prices or is there a fee built in which hurts the exchange rate?

You can buy $400 with a CC per week on coinbase but if you want up to $5000 you need to upload d/l and give bank information. Of course I tried to upload d/l and the verifgication failed due to too much activity

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So I'm on coinbase, it's annoying that their price is $370 right now for a litecoin but other sites show it at $320. Is there a delay in one of the two prices or is there a fee built in which hurts the exchange rate?

You can buy $400 with a CC per week on coinbase but if you want up to $5000 you need to upload d/l and give bank information. Of course I tried to upload d/l and the verifgication failed due to too much activity

There's a fee built in, but not within lightyears of $370-$320. What Coinbase quotes, you get.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There's a fee built in, but not within lightyears of $370-$320. What Coinbase quotes, you get.

Do you trust them as a fair price provider?

i tried to scan my d/l on computer and it said check back in 48hours due to load. Then I tried on my phone and it said check in 30. Then I waited five and it worked

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county

Different exchanges can have different prices on the same items. Many people have been selling from one exchange to another within minutes. Ten mouse clicks and you can turn 320 into 370 times however many coins are sold. You can also play the foreign exchange markets selling in say South Korean money in the USA and then cashing that into American dollars. Lots of South Korean exchanges charge a heafty fee sir charge for the exchange.

If if getting into bitcoin or any crypto now please follow security protocols. My main wallet is stored on a flash drive and an external hard disk. A backup copy of the flash drive on my mother safety deposit box along with a paper backup copy. My second wallet is on a iPad that I keep in the gun safe. The second wallet is just for fun stuff the main wallet has the bitcoins and etherium. Soon to be bit cash. The second one has a few lite coin and fractional stuff. Be safe good secure passwords not the same ones you use all the time. Get it off line storage off the internet connected machine until needed.

Ps keep on buying and checking price three times and hour. Makes what I have worth more. I took out 2.5 bitcoins Saturday and feel it was unwise. Now the rest will ride the wave.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    so coinbase really needs to update their capacity, site acting weird.

I dumped $400 into litecoin, buying at the top, probably bad, oh well. I ended up with 1.02 coins. Was about $12 in fees. Then it returned me to my account and saw my litecoin wallet was worth about $330. wth. Then I refreshed and it was at $375 and suddenly I have $10.11 of BTC :dunno:

litecoin price on coinbase went from 370 to 315 instantly twice in the last 10 mins. Is there some bot trading that happens?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom