Anyone back order from Midway and Get their order?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HangmanAV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Anderson, IN
    I ordered an Egyptian AK kit back in early January (1st or 2nd I believe). It was back ordered and I was ok with that, the price was worth the wait. A couple weeks ago I received an email saying they were canceling my order. I think I saw something about the AK kit being a "seasonal run"? I've been looking for other kits now and haven't found any near the price they had them at.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I'm with you bro... My backorder date didn't change but ( it changed) months behind..... I got 2 gen 2 plain Jane pmags and got put to the back of the line...

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I don't have anything at midway on back order but Natchez suprised me. I ordered a couple thousand rounds of .22 and it showed up today. I ordered it less than 2 weeks ago. It was just Winchester M22 at $.06 a round after shipping. Higher than usual, but not too bad in these current times.

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    Update: Just got an email from Midway that they were shipping out half my order. 12.30 for pmags. Now that is a company I respect!

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I just got an update for a backorder today as well 3/2 I made my order on 12/18
    I'm getting 2 gen 2 pmags with sight window.

poisonspyder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Durango
    Ordered 2 lower parts kits and a 100 rd surefire mag on 12-31. Got a email last week saying the surefire mag is canceled. Parts kits still back ordered. Not sure why they would cancle a mag still being produced. They said it might be two years before back orders are filled blaming surefire.

Dear

You are receiving this communication because we have cancelled your backorder on MidwayUSA product number 170129 - Surefire MAG5-100 Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 100-Round Aluminum Matte.
    In the current political environment, we understand that this item is very desirable. We have been working with Surefire to understand the availability of this item, however based upon information we have recently received from Surefire, we no longer believe they will be able to fill our orders within the next 12 months, and probably not within the next 24. We are very sorry that we have been unable to get this product and apologize for any inconvenience this backorder cancellation may cause.
    You also had other items outstanding on the same backorder as the Surefire magazine(s). Your remaining items will ship out together as soon as they’re all in stock.
    Please sign in and visit Order Management on our website to view your pending backorders. For all pending backorders, please ensure your credit card information is valid and that the card is not expired. If you no longer want certain items, feel free to cancel them. If some are in stock and waiting to ship complete, you can release them by visiting your shopping cart where they will be listed under the "Backordered Products Available to Ship" heading. Just add them to your cart, check out as usual and we’ll ship them to you right away.
    Sincerely,

MidwayUSA
    Customer Service

I'd say surefire is back door selling there mags if they can't supply to a company as big as midway.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah, I've gotten a couple emails this week as backordered items have been coming in. I'm waiting until my orders are all fullfilled before having Midway ship them though, to save on shipping.

BFG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Worked out good for me. A friend ordered 9mm dies and it was so long that he forgot about the order and found some somewhere else in the meantime. Then later on he got an email saying they shipped. Knew that I was looking for some and he sold them to me for what he paid plus shipping. I think he ordered them end of 2012 and just got them a couple weeks ago.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    :xmad: I got an email from Midway last Saturday at 2:05 AM to let me know that my backordered ammo was in. They required that I sign in to my original order and "put my items into the basket again" to let them know I still wanted them. By the time I woke up and logged in they were out of stock again:xmad::xmad:.

Don't they understand back-order means send it when it comes in! If I wanted to cancel my order I would have.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    :xmad: I got an email from Midway last Saturday at 2:05 AM to let me know that my backordered ammo was in. They required that I sign in to my original order and "put my items into the basket again" to let them know I still wanted them. By the time I woke up and logged in they were out of stock again:xmad::xmad:.

Don't they understand back-order means send it when it comes in! If I wanted to cancel my order I would have.
    Really?

I've backordered there lots of times and never had this issue... I would call them up and calmly and politely express your displeasure with the way your order was handled or, rather, not handled.

That said - I don't know of anybody else that has had this particular issue...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

I thought you only had to do that if part of your backorder was in and you wanted them to release the partial order? Further, if you wanted to wait until your full order came in, you didn't have to do anything and it would ship automatically.

Here's the text of the email I got:

We have great news! Some of the items you placed on backorder have arrived and we're holding them for you.

If you'd like us to ship what we have in stock, please sign in and visit your shopping cart to release these items. Once signed in, you'll see the items listed under the "Backordered Products Available to Ship" heading. Just add them to your cart, check out as usual and we'll ship them to you right away.

If you'd prefer to wait until everything arrives, you don't need to do anything as we will ship your entire backorder automatically once we can fill it complete.

I think they're trying to save you shipping charges by not trickling out your order as parts of it come in. I've had them send partial orders when I wanted them quicker; I've waited until the order was complete; and I've combined partial orders with new orders to go ahead and get the stuff and save on shipping.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I thought you only had to do that if part of your backorder was in and you wanted them to release the partial order? Further, if you wanted to wait until your full order came in, you didn't have to do anything and it would ship automatically.

Here's the text of the email I got:

I think they're trying to save you shipping charges by not trickling out your order as parts of it come in. I've had them send partial orders when I wanted them quicker; I've waited until the order was complete; and I've combined partial orders with new orders to go ahead and get the stuff and save on shipping.

Mea culpa. I went back and read their email, and that is how it was stated; though I think waiting for 3 types of ammo to be in stock simultaneously might make me wish I paid for the multiple shipping fees.

Top Bottom