Anyone back order from Midway and Get their order?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Mea culpa. I went back and read their email, and that is how it was stated; though I think waiting for 3 types of ammo to be in stock simultaneously might make me wish I paid for the multiple shipping fees.
    They're giving you that option - to pay more in shipping to get what they have now, or to wait until it's all in.

You say "might make me wish" ... no need to wish - if you want it NOW then follow their directions.

You may want to edit your other post to rescind your negative view of Midway as obviously the issue was on your end with understanding the written words sent to you in the email by them.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    They're giving you that option - to pay more in shipping to get what they have now, or to wait until it's all in.

You say "might make me wish" ... no need to wish - if you want it NOW then follow their directions.

You may want to edit your other post to rescind your negative view of Midway as obviously the issue was on your end with understanding the written words sent to you in the email by them.

No mike, I really don't want to edit my first post. My second post acknowledged that in my excitement to get the available back-ordered ammo now, I didn't read to the end of their email. There appears to be a chance that I may at some future date recieve all my back-ordered ammo if I did not respond to their email. But I did respond to the email.

The fact remains that they sent me the email at 2:05 AM - a time I don't generally monitor my email. By the time I checked my email at about 10 AM and followed their instructions to the letter, there was no ammo to fill my back-order.

To paraphrase, obviously the issue is your need to police my post with out full understanding of the issue.

I like Midway, and will shop there again, but their handling of this pissed me off.

In the past they have filled and shipped partial back-orders to me. In this case it appears my back-order only earned me the right to go into the same queue as the new orders, and they ran out of ammo. Not the way to do business.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    No mike, I really don't want to edit my first post. My second post acknowledged that in my excitement to get the available back-ordered ammo now, I didn't read to the end of their email. There appears to be a chance that I may at some future date recieve all my back-ordered ammo if I did not respond to their email. But I did respond to the email.

The fact remains that they sent me the email at 2:05 AM - a time I don't generally monitor my email. By the time I checked my email at about 10 AM and followed their instructions to the letter, there was no ammo to fill my back-order.

To paraphrase, obviously the issue is your need to police my post with out full understanding of the issue.

I like Midway, and will shop there again, but their handling of this pissed me off.

In the past they have filled and shipped partial back-orders to me. In this case it appears my back-order only earned me the right to go into the same queue as the new orders, and they ran out of ammo. Not the way to do business.
    Good luck to you and shall you continue to live a sheltered ignorant life :).

BLACKCAT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Why??? don't you check your order and cart. Better yet why don't you give them a call. I have found them to very helpful.n I even get information of when reloading bullets are in. They are great people. I am afraid all of these shortages have hit them hard. You can't stay in business if you don't have anything to sell. Hope they make it.If it is a backorder you aren't out any money. What is your gripe. Cancel the backorder and purchase some place else.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well....to close my chapter in this saga :) I just got my .45 reloading dies the other day and just got word today, my last back order--PMags w/windows--are being shipped. Almost 6 months on backorder, but they're finally on their way.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom