• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    XJ I built for my wife. 4.5" Rough Country X-Series lift, 31" General Grabber AT2s

IMG_0935.jpg

odie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have bought my wife of 23 years several vehicals, she has tore all of them up but the two jeeps. They have saved my marrage

cjfarmer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    Hey twentyfoot me and a couple other guys are gonna be heading to interlake here in the next couple weeks. Would you be interested in going? We're not gonna do anything very hardcore. I'm just on 31's and his is his DD, but maybe you could show us around a little?

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    Hey twentyfoot me and a couple other guys are gonna be heading to interlake here in the next couple weeks. Would you be interested in going? We're not gonna do anything very hardcore. I'm just on 31's and his is his DD, but maybe you could show us around a little?

I will be at Interlake this weekend making sure my Jeep is ready for a Harlan trip. I would be happy to show you around.

After this weekend I won't be able to go back until the end of June. I am going on an offroad trip then straight to Outerbanks, NC.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    b45ec63d.jpg

Used my Jeep and trailer over the weekend. :D

You must have been locked into 4-low for that! :D

I took my little girl on a Jeep ride yesterday. Dropped the top and pulled the doors. She had a blast. We had to run a quick errand again later in the evening, so she grabbed her mom's hand and run out to the Jeep yelling "Jeep! Go! Fun!". That's my girl!:rockwoot:

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Can someone here educate me on wheels? What pattern do Jeep Cherokees take? My google-fu is weak

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    4 Jeeps in the garage.... My CJ3B (in pieces all over the place), Dad's CJ3B (red and green), one of Dad's customer's GPW (in for some final tweaking after a restoration), and another customer's YJ waiting on a lift.
    mms_picture-14.jpg

mms_picture-16.jpg

Buzzing around in the '53 CJ3B in the woods and taking the GPW out and about on a few test drives really makes me want to get mine finished up.... It was bad enough that I started to debate on selling the YJ again.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Anybody on here running spring over axle on here? Lookin into doin it.

Yep. My CJ has been SOA for a while now. 1.5" lift YJ springs from Rubicon Express. Flexes like mad, and clears 37" tires pretty well.

SOA gives you lots of lift for cheap (6-7", depending of the diameter of the axle tube), but has its own set of issues.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's on a CJ7. I would be using the original springs. Well maybe some yj's in the front.

If you go spring-over, I'd suggest some YJ springs front and rear. The CJ springs are arched, so will give you a TON of lift. They will also give you a ton of axle wrap in the rear. The YJ springs will reduce the lift a bit, will ride better, and will flex like crazy.

Either way, you will likely need an anti-wrap setup for the rear, or invest in lots of extra springs and driveshafts.

Longer brake lines, re-route your parking brake cables, longer driveshafts (possibly with longer splines as well. Maybe even a CV joint for the rear). Your steering will likely need re-worked (the drag link will hit the springs, and the angle will be pretty severe). I'm sure I'm missing a few things.....

It MAY be worth it to you. Or, it may just be easier to get taller springs and stay spring-under. Or cut out the rear fenders for clearance (TJ flares, and trim the body to fit).

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Anybody be interested in a rear Dana 44 built for an XJ by Currie Enterprises? Needs a shaft, bearing for that shaft, and brakes. Was gonna hack off the mounts and weld ones on to use it in my ZJ, but my tow rig needs tires more than the Jeep needs a different axle and front re-gear.

Sent you a PM.

Top Bottom