• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I installed the Novak Cable Shifter today, takes the place of the mechanical shifter for the transfer case. It was a royal PITA to install, but once I got everything adjusted, it works very well. It shifts much more smooth now.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Anyone have a extra JK tail light lens? I have a friends Jeep at my place and either someone busted the tail light lens or it broke while parked. Either way, I didn't get it that way, that means I need to fix it. Amazon and ebay run about $50 for a used housing, but I don't need the whole housing.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Local junkyards are bust for parts. My only other thoughts it that someone mowing their yard somehow got a rock to shoot over and hit it. I hadn't driven it for a week and half and it stayed parked since then. It wasn't broke last time I drove it.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    New 4.5" RE coil springs and zone OffRoad shocks going on tomorrow after work... :rockwoot:

I just bought extended bump stops for the final piece to my lift puzzle. Have to go get the rough country steering stablizer at my dads and I will have everything in house once I get them. I have a friend going to help me put it on since I have never done suspension work before and I don't work on something that is vital to a vehicles driving without someone who has before. I will do other things, but not that.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Got my 8.8 axle and swap kit. Waiting on a drive shaft yoke and bolts and it'll go under the xj. My spartan locker also came in so maybe ill put that in this weekend

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Mine still needs a new D30, but the gremlin fault of the security system hasn't reappeared (and if it does I got a switch to kill it).
    Moved kid into dorm............I got no play $ for a while.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I have no kids yet, that means I am have money to play so far. Even went to the gun shop today and came home empty handed. I did confess to my wife I almost came home an ar or a Henry. She wasn't upset that I almost got a new gun. I think she would enjoy the Henry.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Anyone willing to help me swap my 8.8 this weekend? I'm putting the locker in tonight and starting to clear off brakets

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I have IRO LCA's. they've taken a beating and are still good.

Just put a Durango box in my xj along with a c-rok brace. My frame was cracked and the spacer was completely broken

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I installed the Novak Cable Shifter today, takes the place of the mechanical shifter for the transfer case. It was a royal PITA to install, but once I got everything adjusted, it works very well. It shifts much more smooth now.

Ok... I looked that up, and Im still scratching my head... Why? Is the jeep transfer case linkage really that bad, or is this just another jeep upgrade that everyone has to have to be popular? Dont get pissed right away, I may not mean anything bad by that post, I dont know you. I do on the other hand know alot of "jeep people" and this seems like the kind of thing they would waste their money on. Is there a purpose? Does it add a 2L option? Like twin sticks for samurais. Or is the stock linkage problematic?

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Ok... I looked that up, and Im still scratching my head... Why? Is the jeep transfer case linkage really that bad, or is this just another jeep upgrade that everyone has to have to be popular? Dont get pissed right away, I may not mean anything bad by that post, I dont know you. I do on the other hand know alot of "jeep people" and this seems like the kind of thing they would waste their money on. Is there a purpose? Does it add a 2L option? Like twin sticks for samurais. Or is the stock linkage problematic?

The factory linkage is a complicated mess. There are however cheaper options out there than the Novak kit. I am planning to upgrade to the Boost Werks kit.

231 HD Shift Linkage (Auto Trans)

Top Bottom