• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I'm sure many people have seen the first video below of an ATF agent seizing a lot of airsoft guns with the claim that they can be easily converted to make "machine guns". Well I seen a video response where a kid apparently shows how this is actually possible. Watch both videos, and pay close attention to the second one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2sWiZ8BizI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K33TX-vthUI[/ame]

First off, he is holding a real airsoft gun. Disassembles like you would. Totally believable. At 00:15 seconds he points the gun at the camera. It has an orange painted muzzle break. At about 03:36 you can roughly see it flash onscreen again. What he brings back onscreen at 04:00 is a real upper. The orange muzzle brake is gone, and the silver sharpie on the inside of the dust cover is gone. At 5:07 when he begins working on the lower, you can see the handle has green wrap on it. At 09:26 he switches the airsoft lower for the real lower. It now magically has a trigger group and a real buffer tube. The handle also magically jumps back onto the gun and no longer is green wrapped. All the internals, the bolt hold open, and selector are magically back in place and function perfectly.

Just wanted to post this here so people know this is FAKE. Deserves more than just a youtube comment. I could see the media running this as real, sadly.

RobyG78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rochester
    I am not sure even though he claims to own guns he actually does more like daddy owns them.

As far as the first video I would pray that this agent lost his job for not knowing it, and the bad publicity the ATF got for this incident. In reality probably not so much as a reprimand. This also happened over 2 years ago I believe, As I understand it it had a lot to with the Airsoft toys being from China as well. Not that that warrants ATF involvement.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    If I had the money to get an AK Airsoft I'd make a video just like this. Take a few things apart on the Airsoft, put it down off camera, and then hold up the real thing and say I "converted" it. Anyone that actually watches that video and pays attention will see that he has two different rifles there. Key word is pay attention, though. He even says in the description that it is a joke and completely fake.

"BTW if you couldnt figure it out by watching this or you're just one of those people who reads the title and comments without watching, this is a huge joke, don't try to do this. you're only going to hurt yourself trying to do the impossible. airsoft guns CAN NOT BE TURNED INTO MACHINE GUNS!!!! If you post an angry comment saying im trying to ruin airsoft or the second amendment, well you must not have fully watched the video or read this because at one point i say rubbing the gun with chapstick is necessary step to making it a machine gun. The guns i shoot were legally purchased and were at no point airsoft guns. The list of guns i shoot are as follows for those interested: AR15= Stag model 8, AK47= WASR-10, G3= HK91, Beretta M9 (not 92fs, M9 pretty much the same thing but different name :p). NO LAWS WERE BROKEN IN THE MAKING OF THIS VIDEO. DO NOT ATTEMPT BUILDING A FIREARM WITHOUT PROPER KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL LAWS AS WELL AS KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE WHO INJURS THEMSELVES TRYING TO BREAK THE LAW!"

The sad thing is that someone will still believe that this is real and try to use it for their anti-gun agenda.

RobyG78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rochester
    Since I am not sure if this is addressed to me or not. There were no accusations that any firearms used in the making of the 2nd video were Illegal either. I also watched the entire video just not today. I stand behind my first statement. If these assumptions were not made then I have to take it as not being addressed to either of us but the forum in general and though slightly understandable is still based on assumption. I am also unclear as to, if the second paragraph is taken from the youtube description or your additional comments

I also feel that the more important issue is why the ATF agent believed this and why his agency supported him after the fact. His leaders should have stated he is an Idiot and is no longer representing this agency. Instead they make the statement that the weapon could be converted to real firearms capable of shooting full auto. Yes that's right I watched the follow up story the next week too.

You are right on one thing some people will think this is reality. Ones who are ignorant to firearms.

BTW Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). I do not use this derogatorily and in no way consider this term to be hateful and or spiteful.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Since I am not sure if this is addressed to me or not. There were no accusations that any firearms used in the making of the 2nd video were Illegal either. I also watched the entire video just not today. I stand behind my first statement. If these assumptions were not made then I have to take it as not being addressed to either of us but the forum in general and though slightly understandable is still based on assumption. I am also unclear as to, if the second paragraph is taken from the youtube description or your additional comments

I also feel that the more important issue is why the ATF agent believed this and why his agency supported him after the fact. His leaders should have stated he is an Idiot and is no longer representing this agency. Instead they make the statement that the weapon could be converted to real firearms capable of shooting full auto. Yes that's right I watched the follow up story the next week too.

You are right on one thing some people will think this is reality. Ones who are ignorant to firearms.

BTW Ignorance is a state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). I do not use this derogatorily and in no way consider this term to be hateful and or spiteful.

Not directed toward you, or anyone, at all. The second paragraph with all the caps and everything is taken directly from his description on the video.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Hilarious! Well, the first one was sad. Seriously, Mr. ATF Special Agent?

Loved the ChapStick. Rub it three times. The two taps on the gas tube was a nice touch, too. :D

Why didn't I have an imagination like that when I was a kid?

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Heck, I had a classmate convert a cap gun (think it was a Hopalong Cassidy) to a 22 LR (single shot) when I was in about the 4th grade. The year was about 1951! He drilled out the center part of the barrel, and as I remember put a hose clamp on it to hold it together. He put either a piece of brake line or part of an automobile antenna inside the barrel, drilled through the "anvil" where the caps were set off. Then he filed the Hammer to a wedge shape. Didn't have any ejector - pried out the brass with a knife. He brought it to school and shot it at some trees at the edge of the school yard. Teachers weren't to happy with him, think they did have the sheriff talk to him, he was back in school minus the gun in a couple days and it wasn't talked about any more. As I recall he was pretty accurate with it...:D

RobyG78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Rochester
    If someone did that today he would end up with a juvi record. And possibly stay in those awesome detention centers, were they come out worse then they go in, then he would be dual welding :draw:
    Bigshep I hope you didn't take what I said badly I reread it just now and thought to myself what an A-hole comment.

disGRUNTld

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I would like to find this kid and let my kid show him whats up and then I would like to TALK with the parents/adults that put him up to this!

disGRUNTld

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Also let me sit there and watch this process and then let me watch you fire this so called conversion! BOOM!... IN YOUR FACE!

DMBFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Boonville,IN
    Who thinks to make things like this? Seriously, how does someone decide they are going to try and trick people into believing airsoft guns can be converted to machine guns.... Better yet, how do people believe it? This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen!

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Come on, people....He never tried to trick anybody into thinking that he actually converted and airsoft gun into a working AR or AK. He says as much, himself.

Top Bottom