• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't think that many people think that those who suffer psychotic breaks were not damaged in the first place, nor think everyone should be denied their fix

I would think that anyone already on SSRIs and/or anti-depressants should be discouraged from coterminous indulgence
    Well, I'm pretty sure they do discourage it. Along with other drug use such as alcohol. Although I do know someone that their Dr told them they wished cannabis was legal for them to prescribe, if it was they would prescribe it for that person. Nor sure if they were on any SSRIs but they were on a variety of other medications such as xanax, halopederidol, and others at various times. They had been diagnosed with a variety of mental illnesses over time, finally figured out it was bipolar mixed with PTSD.

ETA I don't think that coterminous is the best word to use, it does barely and loosely fit with the definition of the word but contemporaneous would be a better fit. Concurrent would be better yet. Was it perhaps the word of the day on your calendar?

No.

Some discussions around this very specifically center around the effects of high thc concentrates on schizo.

The colorado MJ enforcement division steering comittee is kicking this topic around right now.
    Thanks for the info, I'd love to read any studies that come out of it. Although except for edibles where it can be easy for people, especially for people are unfamiliar with them to take too much and experience a bad reaction I don't see much difference between concentrates and high vs lower THC cannabis. In that people will use less of a higher THC content product and more of a lower THC content product.

As an example there was a story by a reporter who had purchased a cannabis candy bar, when she wrote about it she described how she felt like she was dying and a host of other bad reactions. When you read the story it turns out that the candy bar was 6 doses, the shop that sold it to her warned her to not take more than one dose and probably less since she hadn't used before and explained how long it could take for onset. She ate one piece, waited a bit and since nothing was happening ended up eating the entire thing.

But as I said above, that could just as easily happened in the 60s with "pot brownies". Heck I know someone that was close to that in the 80s with cannabis infused cake. They were given a couple of pieces and warned that it was strong and that they probably shouldn't eat more than half a piece. if that. They ate a whole piece and according to them were extremely stoned, and they were highly experienced in cannabis use among other things. When I say highly experienced I'm talking up to 1/4 lb a week personal use. Yes 4 ounces per week.

Last edited:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Lots of concentrates are made using propane and butane. It is "legal" and compliant and the propane boils off at relatively low temps in the vacum oven, but that might be a culprit, or something else going on with the extraction or ingestion process.

I agree about the overdose risk of edibles being much greater vs risk of same with concentrates.

I also figure that there could be something coming out of blasting mj with preasurized petro solvents tha could produce unexpected results when ingested.

I am emphatically pro freedom, but I see that we will know a lot more about mj in 30 years.

I am hopeful that we can use it to save and improve lives, but I admit that things could turn out horribly.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Lots of concentrates are made using propane and butane. It is "legal" and compliant and the propane boils off at relatively low temps in the vacum oven, but that might be a culprit, or something else going on with the extraction or ingestion process.

I agree about the overdose risk of edibles being much greater vs risk of same with concentrates.

I also figure that there could be something coming out of blasting mj with preasurized petro solvents tha could produce unexpected results when ingested.

I am emphatically pro freedom, but I see that we will know a lot more about mj in 30 years.

I am hopeful that we can use it to save and improve lives, but I admit that things could turn out horribly.
    I could see the solvents involved possibly being a risk factor, but barely. Propane/butane have been used for a long while and at least among smokers incidental butane inhalation is a given, some escapes before ignition of a lighter and not all is burned after and the byproducts of ignition are directly inhaled. Same with propane and cooking stoves or grills among other things.

I agree we should know a lot more about cannabis in 30 yrs, if the feds changed the classification of it probably even more. But I doubt things will turn out horribly, considering it's been in use for 1000s of years. IIRC evidence points to at least 5000 years of people using cannabis.

As for improving lives, there have been several examples in this thread of it doing just that. In some cases in dramatic ways. Haleigh's hope and Charlotte's web just two examples, I'm referring to the people they were named after and the others they have helped. On a personal anecdotal level, I know two people that it has helped. One had AIDS cannabis let them eat without throwing up, and gave them an appetite to want to eat. Along with and this is not trivial a better mood. The other suffers from severe migraines, when I say severe I mean ER visit and a shot. After that they would be useless for the day, literally couch/bed bound. With cannabis when they felt it oncoming a couple of puffs and a short rest with a cold rag and they were fine. The migraines happen weekly/bi-weekly for them.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    How so? Cannabis isn't new. Millions and millions of cannabis users in this country have been doing it for decades and it hasn't turned out horribly for society yet.
    I figure humans can turn anythung good into sonething horrible. It is in our nature.
    If there is a way to turn mj into a deadly scourge, I am sure we will find it.

Top Bottom