• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Atac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    Central Indiana
    I don't understand why after 5 minutes the OP didn't just walk away. I don't think there is anyone here that would stand for 25 minutes while the manager rings them up while at the same time leaving and talking to other staff.

The more I think about this, the more I think it is BS

I am open to suggestion of where in Hamilton county you can get a mouth piece for football, other than driving to and experiencing the joy of a visit to the super Wal-Mart. Remember the person ringing me up was a manager, so I don't think asking to speak to another manager would of been all that affective.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I am open to suggestion of where in Hamilton county you can get a mouth piece for football, other than driving to and experiencing the joy of a visit to the super Wal-Mart. Remember the person ringing me up was a manager, so I don't think asking to speak to another manager would of been all that affective.
    a bad day at Walmart is better any day of the week than waiting 25 minutes to be checked out, just saying

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    25 minutes to check out 4 items? 25 minutes to check out 4 items?? 25 minutes to check out 4 items??? As many times as I say it, I still don't buy it! There is no way in Hell that a person would stand there for 25 minutes. I realize it probably took longer than you would have liked but your story losses a lot of credibility when you exaggerate to that extent. Why on earth would you have waited that long? Certainly by then the other checkout had opened up and you could have taken your items to them.

BTW you might check out MC Sports in Noblesville. I'm sure they would have mouth guards.

EDit: I understand that MC Sports is no longer in Noblesville.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The "first world problem" line is just getting old to me. The furnace going out in your house in the middle of January is, in fact, a first world problem. However, if it happened to me I would certainly be complaining about it. Call me spoiled :dunno:

But us mean ol' Americans are supposed to feel bad about all the things we have and how ****ty the rest of the world is!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I hate this "first-world problem" nonsense.

Go to China and see how people would deal with some of these "first-world" problems. They would probably beat the cashier to death and then walk out with the stuff.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I wouldn't asked for another manager. I would have demanded that this manager to put down his little walky-talky down and finish ringing me up. It used to be that men were men. Now, it seems that people are afraid to assert themselves.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    When I used to work retail at a location that use walkies, I never would interupt a customer interaction to use one unless the message was really important (someone got hurt, the place is on fire etc). And then, I would inform the customer I had to step a way for something serious and I would get someone to help them immediately. If I was on the other side, I would have no problem asserting myself to the manager and let him know that I am the customer and I am the one making his money, not the person he's talking to. As said above, when did people stop being able to assert themselves in situations like this?

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I don't get it. Talk to the manager pull him to the side. When did we become so complacent? "I would appreciate your undivided attention!" That's it, pretty soon some folks will run out of places to shop. I too had mixed feelings, then my daughter got a job there. While brining her lunch I met a manage who had praise for my daughter. I counter with my disatisfaction of her choice of employment however, as a senior in college I was happy that she's on their payroll not mine. Nonethe less I've gone back and have realize there are things I need and they have them.

While shopping for binoculars, I came back for a pair and was told they don't make them. I said sure they do I tried them out here. Salesperson said must have been an old tag and walked off.. On my next trip I mentioned my dissatisfaction I received an apology and told where to find my binoculars. The discount I received sold me on comming back. Be heard!

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks

:laugh: In some ways I am

Um...yeah. :):
    image_zps06160e58.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I don't get it. Talk to the manager pull him to the side. When did we become so complacent? "I would appreciate your undivided attention!" That's it, pretty soon some folks will run out of places to shop. I too had mixed feelings, then my daughter got a job there. While brining her lunch I met a manage who had praise for my daughter. I counter with my disatisfaction of her choice of employment however, as a senior in college I was happy that she's on their payroll not mine. Nonethe less I've gone back and have realize there are things I need and they have them.

While shopping for binoculars, I came back for a pair and was told they don't make them. I said sure they do I tried them out here. Salesperson said must have been an old tag and walked off.. On my next trip I mentioned my dissatisfaction I received an apology and told where to find my binoculars. The discount I received sold me on comming back. Be heard!

I agree with the being heard part but as for the they have stuff I need.

there are at least 4 other places within 30 min of my house that I can buy all the same stuff.

straid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    If he needed the item that night I could see waiting there. It's one of those "Swallow your pride and ego and just do it for your kids" moments. But... the squeaky wheel gets the purchase completed too
    I disagree. I don't know who the "us" was in his story, but if it was his kid(s), he missed a golden opportunity to teach his kids something far more valuable: how to handle a situation and stand up for themselves. Kids pick up a lot of behavior through imitation. If we teach our kids passivity and compliance, that is likely how the kids will be as they grow up. If we teach them how to move past barriers, be assertive and devise solutions, that will only benefit them later in life.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Pull out enough cash to cover the items + the tax, put it on the counter and make sure he sees it, and walk out the door with your items.

They can't claim you're stealing because you paid for them. Last I checked there is no legal obligation that the item be processed through their point of sale system - that would be company policy I imagine...

Maybe an officer or lawyer can chime in and clarify whether this would be considered 'theft'?

Top Bottom